• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb Thread 2: A thread on a popular internet message board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Perhaps this deserves its own thread, but I'll post it here seeing as I don't yet have that capability: This Year returns with another gaming best-of, this time for the 2009 year of the Giant Bombcast. We've previously done best-ofs for the 2008 and 2011 years, and we're slowly patching together the years in between. So here's the 2009 year! The best-of clocks in at just under 7 hours.

You can download the MP3 directly here, and you can subscribe to the show's RSS feed.

So, at 4:35:50, anyone know what podcast that's from? I remember hearing it once and totally losing my shit. Loved reliving that moment again.

Maybe it's just the selected clips, because I can't remember how frequent Dave was on the Bombcast years ago, but he's been in a lot of the clips in the This Year podcast.

More Dave in 2012! :(

Perhaps this deserves its own thread, but I'll post it here seeing as I don't yet have that capability: This Year returns with another gaming best-of, this time for the 2009 year of the Giant Bombcast. We've previously done best-ofs for the 2008 and 2011 years, and we're slowly patching together the years in between. So here's the 2009 year! The best-of clocks in at just under 7 hours.

You can download the MP3 directly here, and you can subscribe to the show's RSS feed.

Thanks! Downloading now.

sixghost

Ryan and Vinny's bet was such good listening. I remember loving the updates every week.

Ah, here's Leigh. SKIP SKIP SKIP DIE DIE DIE.

You should listen to it. I remember hating that podcast when it happened, but it wasn't that horrible listening to it again. Maybe it was just the clips he pulled, but the only thing she really did that was annoying was talk the entire time. She was way worse the 2nd time.

So, at 4:35:50, anyone know what podcast that's from? I remember hearing it once and totally losing my shit. Loved reliving that moment again.

Do you mean the 'does the weekend start on Sunday or Monday?' bit? If so, that's from the 7/28/2009 episode.

We include timestamp notes for every clip we use on the show so you can go back and find each clip in the original episode. For instance, scroll down to the notes paragraph on the Bombcast 2009 post, and you'll find the link to the PDF with all the timestamps.

Thanks to everybody for the compliments, and thanks for listening!

Also, yes, there's a lot of Dave in this episode, so much so that I considered giving him a credit on the cover. He actually showed up in a ton of shows in 2009. It's a shame he's not on anymore. And all I see people clamoring for is Drew. I like Drew, but he's kind of quiet. What we really need more of is Dave.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Hey does anybody have a link to the Harmonix PAX East panel?

Also, yes, there's a lot of Dave in this episode, so much so that I considered giving him a credit on the cover. He actually showed up in a ton of shows in 2009. It's a shame he's not on anymore. And all I see people clamoring for is Drew. I like Drew, but he's kind of quiet. What we really need more of is Dave.

Really? As much love as we have for Drew, in this thread the Dave love eclipses it.

This week on "Bombfeld"

vinny_short_3084pip.gif

I considered Deus Ex, but I figured I'd stick with the shorter title name.

Jintor

The man has no stance. No stance! Even if you're just punching the air you need to ground yourself, let alone swinging a giant-ass hammer. Weight distribution is completely zarked. All enthusiasm, no technique.

Dug

Banned
Anyone got a few questions they could answer for me?

1. Did Brad ever get his USB fixed by the GAF guy?

2. Do they still give premium members shirts?

3. Anyone know when that redesign talk thingy will be uploaded to the site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom