• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb Thread 2: A thread on a popular internet message board

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

14041816.jpg

Vire

Dave's version...LOL.

Dear god.

Overall, pretty fun Happy Hour minus the a few spots.

Good job Whiskey Crew!

Nert

That was hilarious. Great, great show.

I don't feel like being negative right now, but not having the Comic Vine segment there made things palpably snappier. I hope that they either continue to not be included or that they come up with a completely different way to show off what they do.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Ryan pulling his bullshit GOTY antics again...

How the fuck could he have voted for Brad? Dave clearly had the best diorama. In fact he made TWO of them.

Goddammit, I'm done with them. Where's a magazine rack I can kick over :mad:

j/k

Chuck

Still without luck
So, they take months off from doing the Happy Hour and bring it back having changed nothing, apart from Comic Vine's absence?

Yeah, I think I'll go back to not watching this mess of a show then.

So, they take months off from doing the Happy Hour and bring it back having changed nothing, apart from Comic Vine's absence?

I don't think there was much wrong with the format itself. You're missing out if you're not watching it though, this one was really funny.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
It being a mess of a show makes it that much better.

Vire

I think they should do a variant of Button Mashing from the ole Gamespotting days.

That would be a fun change of pace.

LCfiner

decent little happy hour. I’m still glad they don’t do these every week and, yeah, the lack of a comic vine segment ultimately is better for this format.

The tested stuff always seemed really manic. maybe too much for my taste? not sure.

Still, it wasn’t awful and i liked the diorama nonsense. if Brad had clued in on the importance of finding a lost Australian Jurassic Park, he would have had it in the bag!

I don't understand how you could like Whisky Media and not enjoy the happy hour antics. I also think you're vastly understating how much of an improvement the lack of Comic Vine is.

Mahonay

Banned

I thought they were all pretty damn funny tonight. Everyone came in a lot fresher after the break and ready to go. I guess if you never liked the Happy Hour this certainly wasn't going to change your mind.

Also, Comic Vine absence is a huge plus for me. That segment was unbelievably boring and took up too much time.

Vire

I think instead of double Tested segments they should do double Giant Bomb segments in the place of Comic Vine's absence.

The manic pace and craziness of the Tested segments is just too much for that much time. It's great in small doses.

derFeef

I think instead of double Tested segments they should do double Giant Bomb segments in the place of Comic Vine's absence.

The manic pace and craziness of the Tested segments is just too much for that much time.

They always mixed it up, depending on what is available. Sometimes more tested, sometimes more giantbomb.

Reading the last page of this thread is insanely absurd if you didn't watch the happy hour, like me. Hopefully they'll have it up tomorrow sometime?

Chuck

Still without luck
The lack of Comic Vine definitely made the show much better and not as unbearable to watch as it was before, but they didn't change anything else.

Tested's segments were still great because they know how to prepare for a live show, Giant Bomb's could have just been done better with a Quick Look, and Rorie on the couch was just ok. And I'm probably in the minority, but I really don't think most of the control room's antics are funny.

And as I said it before, Ryan talking over the Tested segments just got on my nerves.

MrTroubleMaker

Gold Member
lol Great title, but should have gone all out and changed it to something like "Popular Internet Gaming Website on a Popular Internet Message Board" ;)

Zoibie

I feel like the number of Will Smith memes produced is a good indicator of the quality of the show. This was pretty good.

megalowho

Caught most of the show. Everyone seemed refreshed and into it - quality, absurd live entertainment. Lots of good bits but Jeff's sweet Podracer was the highlight for me.

It doesn't need to happen every week or even every month, but the variety show format is still cool in my book when the ideas and energy are there.

Kurdel

Banned
This weeks Bombcast and Happy Hour were my favorites ever.

I am so glad there are enough people who enjoy this brand of stupid shit so we can all pay their salaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom