• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast - 06/30/15

Jesus fucking batman spoilers. Seriously PC port is still fucked bunch of people havent even played it and they sneak a spoiler into just a casual sentence.

Yeah, seriously. Game came out last week and already just talking about it so casually. Not everyone has the time to finish games in less than a week, lol, and especially so given the fact that the PC game is broken and people are just waiting. Even the identity of the Arkham Knight stuff got way too dicey for me and I turned the volume down...

Anyway, Jason was great this week.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Jesus christ @ the Batman spoilers.

I love the spoiler that Brad gives that he assumes everybody knows, which I only knew because he said there'd be no story spoilers in the Batman quick look and then that happened.

Granted, it (the story thing itself, not getting it spoiled) annoyed me more than anything and I wouldn't have really cared if I saw it in the game and said "Oh fuck this bullshit" instead of seeing it in a video. But either way, their
Brad's
sense of what is a spoiler is really weird.

Blastoise

Banned
Fuck sake Spoilmaker. Guess I can't listen to this episode either.

I feel like they have no respect for their audience.

That's just a dumb little easter egg. People who think Rocksteady is going to make a game based on that being in the game are insane.

A lot of the stuff in future Arkham games (
Azreal, Arkham City, Batman dying, and Hush
) were foreshadowed in similar ways in their predecessor. I wouldn't be shocked if they were laying the groundwork for something with that.

Fox318

I have no idea why Jeff likes or even watches wrestling when he seems to hate everything about it.

Its like the only thing he likes about it is mistakes that could be made on any live TV show.

Weird to hear again about Uncharted sales being low.

Uncharted is up there with Gears in sales. Does this mantra come from expecting Halo sales? Gears is a good comparison.

I feel like the first Uncharted NPD has clouded the US idea of what Uncharted is. It's a huge blockbuster game, not some Killzone Infamous type game in sales.

On gametrailers you'd hear this stuff on Bonus Round or whatever, not a huge seller for Sony etc.

BTA

A lot of the stuff in future Arkham games (
Azreal, Arkham City, Batman dying, and Hush
) were foreshadowed in similar ways in their predecessor. I wouldn't be shocked if they were laying the groundwork for something with that.

Well, I sure just clicked this without thinking since I thought it was just about stuff they said in the podcast. I mean, I'll probably forget most of it by the time I'll get to Knight (since I only got around to playing Origins now) and I probably would've seen it coming, but whoops.

erawsd

I love the spoiler that Brad gives that he assumes everybody knows, which I only knew because he said there'd be no story spoilers in the Batman quick look and then that happened.

Granted, it (the story thing itself, not getting it spoiled) annoyed me more than anything and I wouldn't have really cared if I saw it in the game and said "Oh fuck this bullshit" instead of seeing it in a video. But either way, their
Brad's
sense of what is a spoiler is really weird.

Yeah, I had the same WTF reaction to that during the QL.

I suspect that Brad falls into the camp that thinks "early" story spoilers are not a big deal.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Sluricane, a caramel colored and premixed rum cocktail that's 18 percent alcohol by volume. The name references the chorus of "Hurricane," a 1995 song by The Click (E-40, sister Suga T, brother D-Shot, cousin B-Legit): "Hurricane, you can call me Sluricane. . . "

Last year, the self-confessed wine connoisseur launched his own Earl Stevens Selections with three varietals, a 2011 Moscato, a "Mangoscato" and a 2011 Red Blend.

4Jp57qx.png

Wtf is Jeff talking about, uncharted and God of war are huge sellers

How are they not comparable to Microsofts lineup

Dude has been banging that drum for the last few months for whatever reason.

Which is a bit dumb because you can Google how big uncharted has gotten sales wise. It started out as a sleeper hit but 2 and 3 did huge numbers for them.

In all seriousness.... why does gerstman stay in his field? Buddy and I were chatting about it today and the guy just seems so jaded and burnt on gaming

Seventy70

In all seriousness.... why does gerstman stay in his field? Buddy and I were chatting about it today and the guy just seems so jaded and burnt on gaming

How exactly is he jaded? Because he doesn't jump on the first hype train he sees like people on forums like to do?

It's funny how people ignore anything positive he has to say about games like if you are realistic, you have to be cynical. I can guarantee you that Jeff's opinions are going to hold up in the long run because he isn't easily blinded by hype and word of mouth. If anything, this field needs more people like him. He is wise and realistic while others naively jump from one hype train to the next, buying into all of the marketing.

When he is completely ecstatic about a game, you can be damn sure that it's going to be a good game. He was raving about Just Cause 3 at E3 and I trust his opinion on it because he's honest and can see through BS when it's there.

codhand

I disagree with him plenty but he provides a much needed voice in the industry and everybody knows it

The hot fire he spits about Destiny is pure gold everytime.

hamchan

People pay to listen to him and they respect him. Plus their work seems like the most chill thing ever. Why would he ever want to leave?

Zekes!

Maybe it's cause I don't give a shit about Arkham Knight but I didn't feel like anything they said was super spoilery, except for Jason dropping that easter egg. Sounds like your typical Batman story.

Mechazawa

Jeff enjoys plenty of games all the time, people just like to selectively ignore those games because it doesn't satisfy whatever game they're personally blowing their dicks up over in that specific moment of time.

Balb

He likes plenty of games. I like that he doesn't participate in the "this is the best game ever of the month" game like many in his field

Jintor

maybe look past the surface

honestly he always seems enthused to me, it's just tempered by experience

Vire

I feel bad for Brad, the spoiler culture warriors are always out for his blood for the least significant of things.

To be honest, I don't think it's insignificant. Rocksteady hid that part of the story from the marketing campaign for a reason.

The way the game jump scares you out of the blue with it was a nice surprise. I'm glad I didn't watch the quick look before playing the game.

Massa

I feel bad for Brad, the spoiler culture warriors are always out for his blood for the least significant of things.

Brad is a "spoiler culture warrior himself", it's just that he's only sensitive to spoilers on things he hasn't seen yet.

Most people actually enjoy going in fresh to a new experience.

Top Bottom