• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast - 07/07/15

Am I the only one who found it hilarious that Brad mentioned Jared Leto as an actor who might have a small side project band like Keanu Reeves?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
It's like I can hear James Brown's Living in America, coming from the interwebs.

Myggen

I've got the same thing with Final Fantasy IV that Jeff describes with Super Mario World. Granted FFIV is a much bigger game, but all I need is that initial nostalgia rush and I'm good.

Myggen

Brad's shock at Jeff saying he was on the Wing Commander 4 set for a day was fantastic: "We've known each other for how many years and you're saying this now!?" (paraphrasing). Really good episode overall this. The whole Nintendo Playstation discussion was rad, Jeff's little rant about Kickstarter communities and Comcept's use of Kickstarter, even the Nintendo discussion was pretty good. Now we just need Dan back for next week!

Vire

100% agreed with Brad about The Witcher.

I took a break for Batman and came back to it the other day and I had the same exact thought "wow this controls and plays like shit".

Makes me appreciate the gameplay in Batman a bit more even.

ike_

Haha, great discussion around the Sony/Nintendo debacle starting around 1:19:00. Reminds me of the feelings I had towards Sony & Microsoft way back in the day (they are not Nintendo or SEGA, go to hell!). Very interesting to hear their perspective from back then.

Nachos

Really impressive job on the OP, RenDream!

I keep skipping ahead and they are still talking about Track Mania....
Jeff may be crazy for liking Trackmania, but you're even crazier for not liking that he likes talking about how much he likes Trackmania.

Bacon

Really impressive job on the OP, RenDream!

Jeff may be crazy for liking Trackmania, but you're even crazier for not liking that he likes talking about how much he likes Trackmania.

Ain't nothing crazy about liking Trackmania. It's a dope game

I like Dan.

He's cool.

Which is the one that's always really loud? He may or may not be the same guy who likes F1 racing. Dunno, just every time they say his name he's all "YEAH???!?!?!??!"

ike_

Uhm best GB quote 2015: "[Kickstarter is ...] the
implication that you put your money where the mouth would go so you can shut the fuck up."

I mean the good kind of crazy in Jeff's case. I actually want on his wild ride, wherever it careens.

Danny from GameSpot?

Hmmm.

I do think his name starts with a D.

Haven't had an opportunity to listen since before E3. I didn't care much for Jeff back in the GameSpot days but I find myself agreeing with him more and more.

Jeff is literally incapable of taking part in a Witcher discussion without mentioning that one time the Gwent tutorial crashed on him.

Jeff going IN on Destiny.

Jeff going IN on crazy Sega fanboys.

Jeff going IN on KS shenanigans on both sides of the equation.

Jeff droppin' hot science on gen 4 consoles.

Jeff on fire in this one is what I'm saying.

Also anyone who deep fries anything other than starchy veggies or meat is an animal who should eat from troughs.

MonsterDunk

Giant Bomb eSports Editor
Jeff is literally incapable of taking part in a Witcher discussion without mentioning that one time the Gwent tutorial crashed on him.

Oh, sorry for thinking that shipping games shouldn't have widely reported crash bugs in the first 20 minutes. I didn't realize that was a controversial position to take up.

Everytime I hear Gwent come up, I want to play more Gwent. I spent so much time just completely ignoring every quest just looking for more Gwent players. It's so great.

Jintor

a patented monsterdunk

I'm still divided on whether I like gwent or triple triad more. They're both real dumb and rely mainly on getting those killer cards but hey, it's a card game inside a world that makes no sense, i'm all for it. (any game where you can play a card of yourself is fine by me)

Top Bottom