• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast - 07/07/15

For some reason movement never bothered me in The Witcher 3. Perhaps the problem is exacerbated by 30fps but on my PC at 60 it hasn't really been an issue, in fact it probably wouldn't even have entered my mind.

The inventory stuff could be improved, yeah, but even those things didn't hamper my overall enjoyment of the game.

Hope the crew can get back into the game. It's soooooo good.

erawsd

For some reason movement never bothered me in The Witcher 3. Perhaps the problem is exacerbated by 30fps but on my PC at 60 it hasn't really been an issue, in fact it probably wouldn't even have entered my mind.

The inventory stuff could be improved, yeah, but even those things didn't hamper my overall enjoyment of the game.

It bothered me initially but I got acclimated to it after some time. Much like GTA, you aren't doing any serious platforming or anything that requires precise movements so it ends up being a non issue for me.

But Deathwing is my favorite card. :C

it's also always bothered me about hearthstone that the cards don't stay "cards" when theyre in play

it's weird but part of my attraction to TCGs was always the cards themselves. I just like cards. Gwent kind of has that aspect to it, especially with how you can win cards from people and stuff like that. the cards never transform or anything like that, it's very dedicated to being an actual card game in the world of the witcher and like people carry around their decks and stuff and i like that about it.

The first time I started up Witcher 3 it was on my 660, so I was more or less locked to 30 FPS, and the movement tutorial went AWFUL for me. I felt like geralt basically did what he wanted and trying to navigate some of the tight spaces they had in that tutorial was impossible. After playing the game and upgrading my graphics card the movement is a little better, but I'm welcoming the changes in 1.07, provided that they're, yknow, good.

Ditto for hoping they can get back into it. It would be an absolute shame to have it low on the GOTY list because of a few things that make it a little unpleasant to play sometimes. It's the anti-destiny. Tons of story and things to do but the gameplay can be a little meh sometimes.

yami4ct

The movement complaints about The Witcher 3 really confuse me. It literally never bothered me. Comments here make it seem like it's more that it feels like crap at lower framerates, which I guess would make sense since I was playing near 60 all the time on PC. Doesn't excuse it if so, but I still find the complaints weird.

Das Ace

The movement complaints about The Witcher 3 really confuse me. It literally never bothered me. Comments here make it seem like it's more that it feels like crap at lower framerates, which I guess would make sense since I was playing near 60 all the time on PC. Doesn't excuse it if so, but I still find the complaints weird.

Yeah same. And I'm playing on X1. Minus some Roach fuckery it's totally fine.

I've noticed Brad doesn't like saying NeoGAF. Why is that, Brad?

Dan and Austin don't have an issue with it. Be more like them
but more Dan than Austin

yami4ct

Yeah same. And I'm playing on X1. Minus some Roach fuckery it's totally fine.

I think some complaints come from people expecting it to move like a fast action game like Batman, but the game isn't attempting that. For me, it took two seconds to get a feel for the more deliberate movement they're using and I was able to adapt to it. It doesn't feel bad to me, just different.

Chuck

Still without luck
I find it weird when they talk about Trackmania because like 20 people in the world play it and that's not even a huge exaggeration. No one fucking plays this game. If anything needs to change, it's the way they attract an audience.

I don't understand why Ubi hasn't closed Nadeo down. There's no way in hell they make any money.

yami4ct

Hearing the bomb crew talk about Mario Puzzle and Dragons is great. PAD mobile is one of my favorite games of all time. There's a reason that game makes so much money.

Jintor

I discovered what happens when you combine Scorch, spies, and the weather cards and I don't think I've ever dunked so hard in my entire life. That shit will literally wipe a monsters/elves deck.

the wonderful thing about spam decks is that they draw from the hand, so just outspy them, weather the remnants and go to town

danm999

I discovered what happens when you combine Scorch, spies, and the weather cards and I don't think I've ever dunked so hard in my entire life. That shit will literally wipe a monsters/elves deck.

Monster decks really do go from being unrelentingly terrifying to an easy win once you figure out the tricks.

Zebetite

Banned
a patented monsterdunk

I'm still divided on whether I like gwent or triple triad more. They're both real dumb and rely mainly on getting those killer cards but hey, it's a card game inside a world that makes no sense, i'm all for it. (any game where you can play a card of yourself is fine by me)

triple triad has a weird meta layer to it where you're turning your enemies into cards and then turning those cards into items and turning those items into magic that you're junctioning to your stats so you can turn even stronger enemies into cards to do the whole thing over again until you have a godly deck that can crush anyone in the world, most of all the queen of cards and the whole thing is a big dumb secret yugioh JRPG and its amazing in the most beautifully convoluted way

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Track mania at E3 has reinvigorated Jeff. I'm looking forward to turbo simply to get rid of the maniaplanet shit. TM2 was so bad, hopefully this is a reboot that works.

Also Ubisoft need to get Jeff playing it in VR and put the video up on GB

sw26

I enjoyed the discussion on the 'Nintendo Playstation' stuff.

I knew the history of course but it was cool to hear the perspective of particularly Jeff who was around in the industry at the time, it really is a fascinating find.

ArjanN

I've noticed Brad doesn't like saying NeoGAF. Why is that, Brad?

Dan and Austin don't have an issue with it. Be more like them
but more Dan than Austin

Pretty much all of Brad's posts on GAF are butthurt snark at someone posting something negative.

Brad in 3..2..

I find it weird when they talk about Trackmania because like 20 people in the world play it and that's not even a huge exaggeration. No one fucking plays this game. If anything needs to change, it's the way they attract an audience.

I don't understand why Ubi hasn't closed Nadeo down. There's no way in hell they make any money.

6afe58b89210e417608a43a6c510df1a.png

Yeah "only 20 people." To be fair I don't know how many of those are active accounts, but if you check the servers on the weekends or on busy days, they're usually getting pretty well populated.

6afe58b89210e417608a43a6c510df1a.png

Yeah "only 20 people." To be fair I don't know how many of those are active accounts, but if you check the servers on the weekends or on busy days, they're usually getting pretty well populated.

Not to mention that Giant Bomb has always been about them talking about the games they're interested in and what they are playing, so who fucking cares if it's not popular?

ArjanN

I think it's just largely a matter of preference, the giant bomb guys generally don't like weighty movement/controls that require you to commit to things.
I'm guessing mostly because it makes to harder to mash buttons :p

Pretty sure the characters in Yatagarasu right now are all the ones that are gonna be in that version.

Yeah, backers got to vote for a number of slots, basically the exact same situation as Skullgirls.

Honestly kinda seemed like Jason didn't do his homework, he didn't know about the upcoming GGPO support either during the QL.

Having gotten to the part about kickstarter I have to say I've find their opinions about ks pretty uninformed and grating as usual.

Didn't hear anything that sounded like it was uninformed or a poorly thought out opinion.

I did hear that Keanu Reeves was in Speed 2, though, and it's like cmon now we all know that was a Sandra Bullock joint

Also SS was a crappy arena brawler with powers that wasn't terribly enjoyable, though the whole gothic atmosphere was really great.

A crappy arena brawler? Sounds like you put some time into it.

yeah, over 13 hours. got to the final section of the campaign before the repetitve battle arena gameplay wore me out.

And don't come at me with "the game gets better at X point!" because i feel like 13 hours of SSD is more than enough time to allow the game to breath.

Top Bottom