• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Girl-Gaf - A thread for girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
kisaya said:
The first two are kinda too cute for my taste. The last one though is nice :)

Yeah my taste too actually but the craftsmanship is something I can admire. But these seem like a better fit for my body type compared with a lot of the stuff I run into over here.

ikkemenx said:

*runs away while face is red* :p

well i'll get my sorta perv comment out of the way, with summer gone and winter coming fast, its just about the end of women wearing dresses and skirts and light clothing outside :'(
though i give a lot of respect and 0_o to those that wear mini skirts in freezing cold weather.
haha last winter it's about 10 degrees outside and i am freezing at a bus stop in my jacket and jeans and covered up-winter hat, mask, a girl comes with a scarf, light sweater and skirt and flats and she says "how are you cold?" fdsjsfjdfdslfsdj

SRG01

Devolution said:
I've actually had quite a bit of luck at trade in and vintage places.

I go with my female friends to vintage/counterculture shops all the time. They usually have pretty good stuff, if you're willing to pay a little extra...

Devolution said:
I've actually had quite a bit of luck at trade in and vintage places.

My problem with vintage places is that they sell the same clothes as second hand stores but up the price because its "vintage". For example, I went looking for some cowboy boots (No where sells them new for some reason). At the vintage stores they were all $150~, but then I went into a second hand store and picked up by far the best pair I'd seen all day for $15.

Rikkun

balddemon said:
Do girls normally give guys a date they'll have sex with them?! The girl I'm talking to said if we're still dating on Oct 5th (one month after we met), we'll bang. I don't get it. That's just a lot of added pressure (especially for me, I'm a virgin), and it's really annoying. UGH but I'm still attracted to her, so I guess it's working...

EDIT: woo first post new page

Try to get to the spot before the month.

If you can't, make your heart ready to leave.
I'd say she's just trying to put a nice collar on you and take out for a walk.

But hey, I'm Boy-GAF, so maybe you better don't follow my hints.

friskykillface said:
well i'll get my sorta perv comment out of the way, with summer gone and winter coming fast, its just about the end of women wearing dresses and skirts and light clothing outside :'(
though i give a lot of respect and 0_o to those that wear mini skirts in freezing cold weather.
haha last winter it's about 10 degrees outside and i am freezing at a bus stop in my jacket and jeans and covered up-winter hat, mask, a girl comes with a scarf, light sweater and skirt and flats and she says "how are you cold?" fdsjsfjdfdslfsdj
It's because they're hot.

friskykillface said:
*runs away while face is red* :p

Its because we have flesh coloured stockings ;)

SRG01 said:
I go with my female friends to vintage/counterculture shops all the time. They usually have pretty good stuff, if you're willing to pay a little extra...

shanshan310 said:
My problem with vintage places is that they sell the same clothes as second hand stores but up the price because its "vintage". For example, I went looking for some cowboy boots (No where sells them new for some reason). At the vintage stores they were all $150~, but then I went into a second hand store and picked up by far the best pair I'd seen all day for $15.

Your vintage places sound like they suck, to be brutally honest. I got a 100% wool coat that would normally sell for 500+ bucks in great condition for like 35 bucks. I haven't scored that big again yet but I'm constantly on the look out now when I'm in that area of Berkeley.

SRG01

Devolution said:
Your vintage places sound like they suck, to be brutally honest. I got a 100% wool coat that would normally sell for 500+ bucks in great condition for like 35 bucks. I haven't scored that big again yet but I'm constantly on the look out now when I'm in that area of Berkeley.

Yeah, the vintage stores that I'm familiar with are located in the trendy hipster areas of town...

Oh God, I love cutesy clothing so much! One of the few styles that I actually look nice in =P

I really like the first two pics that shanshan posted.

Here's a question that I guess won't gather many responses, but what the hell: have any other girl-gaffers tried to gain weight? I've been losing quite a lot of weight lately, and I have no idea why. And, you know, I kinda miss having boobs. So I want to gain some healthy weight back, but no success as of yet. I'm like 41kg right now, and my bras don't fit properly anymore. =(

Prax

Devolution said:
One of the illustrators in here should make us a "Girls Only" sign for shits and giggles.

I would do it but I fear I am not channeling enough girly power today!
I wanna ask my cousin to do it for me. >_>

kisaya said:
I bought from yesstyle before and I wasn't really happy with the quality of the clothes. They all didn't really last long and were worn out quickly.

Have you tried rakuten? I haven't bought from them yet and I'm curious about the quality.

Kisaya

ashmountains said:
Here's a question that I guess won't gather many responses, but what the hell: have any other girl-gaffers tried to gain weight? I've been losing quite a lot of weight lately, and I have no idea why. And, you know, I kinda miss having boobs. So I want to gain some healthy weight back, but no success as of yet. I'm like 41kg right now, and my bras don't fit properly anymore. =(

Meeeee. I'm very petite and skinny and would want to maybe gain a little bit of weight as well.

Prax said:
I would do it but I fear I am not channeling enough girly power today!
I wanna ask my cousin to do it for me. >_>

Ask to make it look like this

FamilyGuyPetersPillowFort.gif
[

ashmountains said:
Oh God, I love cutesy clothing so much! One of the few styles that I actually look nice in =P

I really like the first two pics that shanshan posted.

Protein and working out. I was actually way more healthy/meaty in highschool because I was athletic. My metabolism just rips through food. The best way to gain weight would be to gain muscle. So whatever you feel comfy doing, pushups, situps, weight lifting, yoga, do that.

_Isaac said:
So is this thread about fashion right now?

It's all over the place, multi-tasking, it's what we do.

Egnirys

Kitsunebaby said:
Have you tried rakuten? I haven't bought from them yet and I'm curious about the quality.
Rakuten is almost the same as yesstyle.com. It just gives brands an outlet to sell their products to an international market. So if the brands on yesstyle.com aren't great in quality it's bound to be the same for those brands on rakuten.

Kisaya

Kitsunebaby said:

Nope, after that I decided not to get my clothing online anymore. I'm really picky so it's just easier for me to pick out the clothing physically myself.

shanshan310 said:
A question on womens fashion.

Right now I'm really into this cute girly brand called Liz Lisa.

1464501_IMG_0810.jpg

wtaqvn.jpg

What do you think? Is the cutsy look a big turn off for guys?

My girlfriend's very much into the whole victorian era fashion & gothic lolita trend, and I tend to agree with her that it's cute. The more flowly clothing and lace the better.

Kisaya

Verano said:
fem-GAF, what's your opinion on long haired guys?

If he takes care of it and it's clean, then long hair is ok with me :x
Not too long though, unless he can really pull it off.

Rikkun said:
41kg? How tall?
You should start eating :lol

I'm really short, ahaha, about 5 foot 2? I haven't measured in a while, but I'm guessing around there. And I'm Asian, so there's that too.

Verano said:

Depends on the guy. Some look like complete greasers with long hair, others look like ~magical princes~. And there is a length limit too - really long hair is just gross on guys. Some of my guy friends had their hair long enough to tie into a ponytail, and it was weird.

Long hair? generally no. Shoulder length worked well on my bf, but he still looks a teensy bit nicer with more medium/short length.

Exception: I had a guy friend with shoulder length hair and it suited him really well. Then he cut it, and now it looks like he has a really tiny neck.

DO NOT TIE IT IN A PONY TAIL. DO NAAAAT.

ashmountains said:

My first question would be, are you eating enough? Or a good variety?

Like devolution said, try putting on some muscle weight. I recommend doing some kind of martial art because its a good all-rounder kind of sport. Also might help if you ever get into an unwanted situation.

I'd really like to lose maybe 2 - 3 kg, but I know that if I start dieting my breasts will be the first things to go, and there isn't much there to start off with. :'(

ikkemenx

Verano said:

When I was younger I was very much into it. I wanted to have to choose between my Van and Allen

ZkdN6.jpg

Lately I find it greasy though, so short is best, medium at most (if it starts to get a bit shaggy that's fine).

Finaika said:
Do girls like guys who plays videogames?

Its fun to have someone to play with :3

Most guys play some kind of video game though (like COD or halo), which I think was mentioned earlier in the thread.

Really depends on the guy though.

Aeana

Finaika said:
I'm not personally interested in any guy who doesn't at least play video games casually. It's too important of a hobby for me.

That said, um... everybody is different, so all of the people in here asking for some sort of generalized truth are going to be pretty disappointed.

Prax

Finaika said:

I think most girls seriously do not care unless you are ignoring them for a videogame.

Otherwise, if you like the same videogames as the girl or can talk videogames with the girl, then it is awesome.

ikkemenx

Finaika said:

If the girl doesn't care much for video games, she likely expects this of him. If he's hardcore to the point where it keeps his attention off of her (sounds silly but I have seen this happen countless times) this is usually the point where they start to care. If the girl IS a gamer, then it's likely she will enjoy relating to him on this level. :) Video games are great for sharing/interacting. I used to only like guys who were as hardcore as myself, but I'm starting to think it's not a bad idea to open myself up to guys who are more casual about it, (most of the guys I encounter).

Do girls like guys who play videogames?

Not when ALL of their conversations revolve around characters in said games rather than real people and the only achievements they have to talk about from their day is how many trophies they earned.

Balance, you know.

I'd love to stay up all night slaying dragons with you. So long as we get out for some sunshine the next day.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Aeana said:
I didn't know there existed men who aren't down to their underwear the moment they enter their home.
I take off my shirt, but put it back on as soon as someone sees me. Being in underwear only? Eeeh...
SalsaShark said:
Im not a girl.
Wait, so those pictures you sent me... D:

Kisaya

Finaika said:

Sure why not, just can't be too much haha. But I'm actually starting to be interested in guys who don't exactly share all of my interests. It's always fun to learn new things :)

Cheska

So I'm sure I cant be the only one who feels this way, but I really don't give a shit if I get married or not.

I've been with my boyfriend for four years now, and all he keeps talking about now is how we should start saving money to get married. Honestly, I don't really care. Now don't get me wrong, Im completely in love, and no doubt want to spend the rest of my life with him, but I feel like I can be happy with us just living together.

I'm also not afraid to admit that I can be very materialistic, and would rather buy new tech toys/cars/pets etc.

I think part of why I feel this way is also because of the fact that we both grew up fast, yet are still so young (I'm only 22 -_-) We already own a home, have three cars, three pets and both have stable jobs.

My mom definitely doesn't want me to take that step yet, but she eventually wants grandchildren. However, I come from a heavy Italian Catholic background, so having kids without getting married is frowned upon :/

Eh, just thought I'd see if any other ladies felt remotely similar. All my friends think I'm nuts and pretty much feel the exact opposite of me.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Prax said:
Yes. It is the sound of condescension and pity in a "you're so cute, you try so hard" kind of way! At least, that's my interpretation.

Excited "AaAW~!" = you're amazing! -- neutral to interested.
Sympathetic "aaaww....~" = you poor cute thing... haaaaahaaaa.. I am not interested in you.

Well, if that's how I were writing characters in a comic, that is how I would portray it!

I am probably confusing you though~! I don't actually know anything! Hahaaha~!
I get aaaaaaaaaws like three times a day from different girls. :/ Dammit.

Joke's on them, I never liked them.
in before the awwws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom