• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Girl-Gaf - A thread for girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checking in! I guess I'll try and hit what was being discussed...

I don't take my bra off but as soon as I get in the pants/shirt come off. I'm so glad I'm not the only one that does that. My BF thought I was a freak for doing it when we first started dating.

My dad got me into gaming. He bought a NES for himself and we used to play together. I haven't stopped since. The only genre I don't play regularly is FPS because I suck at it. I want to do tabletop games but I can't find anyone to play them with.

I also got my Sailor Moon/V volumes in earlier this week. The covers are gorgeous! I've never read Sailor V before so it's a treat! Put me on the Jupiter fanclub list!

Kisaya

When I was younger I was always more interested in watching the boys play their video games than just sit and talk with their sisters. Eventually my dad bought me a N64 and it sprung on from there. I'm a very casual gamer though, but I play a little bit of everything.

Question for the girls -- for those of you who have gotten sized for bras, did you have any hangups before doing so? Have you had any good/bad experiences with it? My girlfriend complains about her bras (both that they don't make cute ones in her size, and that some of hers don't feel that comfy after a while) and I've been trying to convince her to get sized. But she won't go.

Petit Melon said:
My BF thought I was a freak for doing it when we first started dating.
Wow, really? Lots of guys I know do the same thing, I'm surprised he'd be bothered by it at any rate.

Clegg

kisaya said:
Gossip is faster than the speed of light :p
Its just so freaky. I'm talking to a girl who I've never seen before in my life and who my friends dont know either and she knows who my ex is.

Its nothing stalkerish, I just told her my name and she said "Oh you went out with such and such". My face was :O

SillyPuty

timetokill said:
Question for the girls -- for those of you who have gotten sized for bras, did you have any hangups before doing so? Have you had any good/bad experiences with it? My girlfriend complains about her bras (both that they don't make cute ones in her size, and that some of hers don't feel that comfy after a while) and I've been trying to convince her to get sized. But she won't go.

If she was going to have it done, I'd be sure to go to a specialty store such as Victoria's Secret, where they might have people who are trained on doing it. I worked in the clothing department at JCPenney's and did bra fittings but I wasn't formally trained on it. We just had a chart that we went by (which you can find online on most clothing websites) Personally, I just go by trial and error. I know my general size, but bras really do vary by company, style..etc...

Entropia

No One Remembers
Aeana said:
I didn't know there existed men who aren't down to their underwear the moment they enter their home.

Yeah, really? I certainly don't do that. I change into shorts and a t-shirt though.

Jin34 said:
Thanks, sent the request, kinda hard to recognize anyone by their real names though.
Go back a little farther, there should be a post where everyone puts their GAF names to their real names.
(I'm Eric "E-Money" Gallager on there btw)

Zoe

SillyPuty said:
If she was going to have it done, I'd be sure to go to a specialty store such as Victoria's Secret, where they might have people who are trained on doing it.

I've never had it done, but all the impressions I've heard have said to avoid Victoria's Secret like the plague.

Entropia said:
Yeah, really? I certainly don't do that. I change into shorts and a t-shirt though.

This is what I do. Also I have this weird hangup about socks in bed. I rarely ever sleep in socks and unless its damn cold, long pants are out as well.

ajf009

Aeana said:
I didn't know there existed men who aren't down to their underwear the moment they enter their home

Yeah i dont do that ever.. I only am in underwear pretty much just after a shower at night when theres no point in putting clothes back on

Londa

Banned
Stat Flow said:
Because it would be quoted for an entire page by the regular visitors of that thread.

Not only that.... I have been asked in threads to post my picture and it isn't in the post your picture thread.

blame space said:
chocolatecupcakes i didn't know you were a girl

i'm sorry i peed on your avatar

aww blame space aren't you a sweet heart. siiighhhhhh

SillyPuty

Zoe said:
I've never had it done, but all the impressions I've heard have said to avoid Victoria's Secret like the plague.

I am not really surprised. Personally, I think it's easier and less embarrassing to just do it yourself and/or have a friend help.

cooljeanius said:
Go back a little farther, there should be a post where everyone puts their GAF names to their real names.
(I'm Eric "E-Money" Gallager on there btw)
Someone should startup a new one.

timetokill said:

The closest I've gotten is having the lady working in the underwear department of Macy's look over everything to make sure it fit. She definitely should get fitted, or take a measuring tape and do it herself (there are all kinds of guides for how to do that online). Bras are kind of a pain, it feels like sizes vary based on manufacturer, and finding cute ones is a major pain past certain sizes. Good luck to her, though, few things are better than finally finding a bra that fits well after years of too tight here/too big there bullshit.

Wow, I'm away for just over a day and up springs 7 pages of a girl thread! Ok so to catch up...

I think there are more girls on GAF than you realise, but most of us are quite happy to be thought of as one of the guys, or gender doesn't come up, or we just don't care?

And I think maybe not many girls post their pics here because women are generally more self concious about looks whether we like to admit it or not, so only the cute/sexy/confident girls will post pics.

I got into gaming firstly from my brother and his Amstrad, then through my mates and megadrive/nes.

I don't generally suffer from boob sweat, am a D cup but still perky thanks to late development and wear the correct bra size because I measured myself (it's not that hard).

Ducky_McGee said:
Are there any other female musiciangaf?

Me! Singer in a band, currently on hiatus because our guitarist quit, also play piano/guitar and write. Any more of us on here?

Londa

Banned
Aeana said:
I didn't know there existed men who aren't down to their underwear the moment they enter their home.

My ex liked to sleep with even less than that so it depends on the guy. lol

Prax

I am more a part of Art-GAf if anything.
Any other female visual artists out there? Because then you are my RIVAL! (well, not really, but I like being a little competitive if it means I get motivation to increase my skill).

I haven't gotten sized for bras before, but I just tend to try them on until they fit/feel comfortable. >_> My biggest peeve is how expensive bras are. Well.. maybe besides the underwiring freeing itself and stabbing me. Man, bras suck.

Kisaya

Prax said:
Any other female visual artists out there? Because then you are my RIVAL! (well, not really, but I like being a little competitive if it means I get motivation to increase my skill).

I haven't gotten sized for bras before, but I just tend to try them on until they fit/feel comfortable. >_> My biggest peeve is how expensive bras are. Well.. maybe besides the underwiring freeing itself and stabbing me. Man, bras suck.

I'm very passionate about art, but I don't draw as much as I used to. Studying Visual Arts Management though since I wanna work with the art community :)

Prax said:

Depends. What kind of art are we talking? I'm more on the graphic design side of things.

Jin34

AbsoluteZero said:
Someone should startup a new one.

Yeah having trouble finding it, lots of "yay Amirox is no longer a mod" posts though lol.

Anyway back on thread topics, that "you dated X girl" grapevine is pretty scary to think about. That can be intimidating you are young and working out the kinks in how to approach girls.

MrsB

Neo Member
checking in! I got into gaming when I was 7 or 8. My Dad brought home a NES and my older sister would play a lot while my other 2 sisters and I watched. I liked playing Mario, Friday the 13th, and Zelda. Now it seems the controls are too complicated....lol. I did play a lot of computer games growing up as well. I played to just have fun, not necessarily to beat the whole game. I do remember we had a 3DO, my dad traded a gokart for it. We played the game Twisted on it like there was no tomorrow. I wish that game was on a different platform. We also had a Sega Genesis, Sega Gamegear, and a Nintendo Gameboy.

My husband loves games as well. I believe he has every Nintendo game system available. We haven't played games in awhile. He's a lurker on here as well as I usually am.

Oh and I don't have huge boobs....unless you count a C has huge, but I don't think they are. But I do get the boob sweat. Such a pain.

Prax

kisaya said:
I'm very passionate about art, but I don't draw as much as I used to. Studying Visual Arts Management though since I wanna work with the art community :)

That's still cool! I am probably an uncultured schleb in comparison anywho. I am trying to get off my butt and do more serious pieces instead of just pen sketches, but it's so much work. I always feel sad to hear people who used to like drawing but just stopped eventually though. It would probably be a sign of my mental deterioration if I stopped drawing or something.

Devolution said:
Depends. What kind of art are we talking? I'm more on the graphic design side of thing

I'm more illustration (manga/anime) at the moment. Though I like cartoons and comics in general. I hope to actually release a web comic or get a graphic novel out one day, but like I say, I am pretty lazy. Plus there's finishing my Masters in an unrelated field. >_>

What I found weird was that growing up, I always thought art was more a girl's domain (along with being "smart" and being leaders in general). Boy was I confused to find out that most of the "greats" or the highest ranked in all the fields were men! I think I always had a... feminist/female-empowered mindset in me, even as a child. Apparently, that is not the norm, and it's probably cartoons that were to blame for my misconceptions. Haha. I mean, She-Ra was always the cooler show to watch than He-Man... because He-Man had a terrible costume.

Clegg

Girls are scary. Especially when they already know who you are, who you've dated and for how long. And this is before you have even introduced yourself to them.

My girlfriend knew everything about me before I even started going out with her. I will begin to understand girls by the time I'm 50.

Londa

Banned
coldvein said:
okay, girl gaf. who are the top ten sexiest male gafboys? make a list!

can I ask why you keep making terrible posts in here? Just wondering..

Akuosa said:
1. Not you.
~
10. Still not you ò_ó

hahaha I LOVE this new junior you are starting out right. good job ^^

Kisaya

Prax said:
That's still cool! I am probably an uncultured schleb in comparison anywho. I am trying to get off my butt and do more serious pieces instead of just pen sketches, but it's so much work. I always feel sad to hear people who used to like drawing but just stopped eventually though. It would probably be a sign of my mental deterioration if I stopped drawing or something.

Haha well I still doodle but I haven't really made any fully finished pictures. Back then I used to fill up sketchbooks and draw with a tablet, but after a while school cut my drawing time :/ Now all my drawings are in my school notes hahaha. I do want to take some art classes though in the future~

Londa

Banned
I also draw but I'm more focused on graphic design. I actually get paid doing graphic design, but I'm still unsure if I want to make graphic design my career.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I'm just going to follow up on Stump's suggestions earlier and encourage quality contributions.

Coldvein, please relax. Your posts about fat girls and big breasts are gratuitous and now rating men?

Prax

kisaya said:
Haha well I still doodle but I haven't really made any fully finished pictures. Back then I used to fill up sketchbooks and draw with a tablet, but after a while school cut my drawing time :/ Now all my drawings are in my school notes hahaha. I do want to take some art classes though in the future~

I do that too! I find sketching in margins while taking notes is a fun challenge. And for some reason, it helps me remember what I'm learning better. xD Maybe because I try to integrate what I'm supposed to be learning with the sketches. I want to go back to taking art classes because I like getting some kind of credit for things, but I suppose that takes money...

Anyone in my family that has gotten into art seems to say art school kills their soul. My little sister is going in graphic design, as well as my younger cousin. I think the fact that they are forced to do art as an assignment thing instead of for their own pleasure kills the intrinsic value it holds to them. Same with my older cousin who went into illustration and her friend that did the same with her. Apparently they didn't do art for years after they graduated because of how schooling drained the joy out of it for them. I fear that happening too if I ever wanted to go get some kind of formal art education... Though I suppose I don't need it. I just like the extra credentials. >_>

Yeah, why is coldvein stupiding up the thread?

Back on topic somewhat: Often when I'm asked what my hobbies are, I do mention art but also videogames and videogame industry stuff, and I get some weird stares about that. I mean, I guess that should be expected and I do feel sheepish "admitting" it as well, but I feel I should be less ashamed and have more nerd pride. How about you ladies?

coldvein

Banned
Y2Kev said:
I'm just going to follow up on Stump's suggestions earlier and encourage quality contributions.

Coldvein, please relax. Your posts about fat girls and big breasts are gratuitous and now rating men?

there it is. i play around an issue, get taunted for it, finally come out with it and Y2K is on my tits. i told you all.

and, yeah, i'm relaxed. i'll back off of this thread. thanks kev.

Londa

Banned
Prax said:
I do that too! I find sketching in margins while taking notes is a fun challenge. And for some reason, it helps me remember what I'm learning better. xD Maybe because I try to integrate what I'm supposed to be learning with the sketches. I want to go back to taking art classes because I like getting some kind of credit for things, but I suppose that takes money...

Anyone in my family that has gotten into art seems to say art school kills their soul. My little sister is going in graphic design, as well as my younger cousin. I think the fact that they are forced to do art as an assignment thing instead of for their own pleasure kills the intrinsic value it holds to them. Same with my older cousin who went into illustration and her friend that did the same with her. Apparently they didn't do art for years after they graduated because of how schooling drained the joy out of it for them. I fear that happening too if I ever wanted to go get some kind of formal art education... Though I suppose I don't need it. I just like the extra credentials. >_>

Yeah, why is coldvein stupiding up the thread?

Back on topic somewhat: Often when I'm asked what my hobbies are, I do mention art but also videogames and videogame industry stuff, and I get some weird stares about that. I mean, I guess that should be expected and I do feel sheepish "admitting" it as well, but I feel I should be less ashamed and have more nerd pride. How about you ladies?

Sometimes males on gaf get angry when a female user and boob sizes are combine. Aka Himuro event..

Rikkun

So Girl-GAF is true. Nice.

Sooo, what is this "friend-zone" thing you always do? Is this a silly and old excuse (as I think) or do you girls really stop thinking about people's gender when they get friendly?

Hope I'm not derailing the topic here, I also wanted to know how to recognize a girl in his period but I guess getting punches and evil stares is enough.

Female cyclist gaf. Please recommend me a saddle. I've taken to riding my bike around to stay fit and I find I have issues with the saddle that came with the bike. I'm riding 7 miles or so every day/other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom