• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Glitch in Destiny reveals DLC details and content is partially on Disc

Recall

It was leaked eons ago that there would be DLC.

It is normal for a game where they know they will be doing DLC so far advance, to programme the game to make the additions as seem less as possible.

It was no different in games like mass effect 2 or 3 or Halo Reach or Dragon Age Origins etc etc etc pick a game.

Wait, it is showing the UI options for the new areas. It isn't actually showing the new areas in-gameplay? Did I miss something? This is like saying Capcom put the DLC characters on the disc because there are empty boxes on the character select screen.

Where does it say you can glitch yourself in the areas? And are those areas finished?

Edit: Saw the glitch videos, not exactly in a finished state.

Seanspeed

Banned
How is this Activision's fault?

I know it's cool to blame them for most things (and they usually do deserve some of the blame), but everything Destiny should be placed solely at Bungie's door.
*IF* there is any shady dealings going on, its not inaccurate to suggest that the publisher may have been partly or even fully responsible. They do often have a lot of control over this stuff.

Its impossible to say in this situation, but I know people will point fingers where they want anyways.

bidguy

Banned
see if those additional 10 missions 4 strikes and 2 raids would have been available at launch that would have been great

wifininja

Neo Member
I feel like people are missing the point that most of this game resides on Bungie's servers and that info shown in the video is populated as such which is why we havent had to do the title update dance with all the changes they have made. so some assets are on the disc but a majority of the content is on thier servers.

Bungie also in an IGN video said there will be new weapons and armor in the expansions. I would assume more bounties as well.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I don't normally mind when content is already on the disc and locked off. But in this case, it's a bit strange given the base game by all reports has a real dearth of it.

Mayyhem

Look how big the Destiny thread is. This wont matter to all the people hopelessly falling for this games RNG addicting game-play. Same thing will happen with Destiny 2.

Pathetic. Back in the day I never thought I'd picture Bungie like this in 2014

Kilau

0n8QLFJ.gif

Aeqvitas

Considering most missions are just a few rooms, the amount of content in these expansions will likely be extremely underwhelming, considering the majority of the people can't do raids and weekly content because of no matchmaking, and looking for randoms on bungie.net is actually worse than just matchmaking with randoms :/ Feeling burned hard for buying the digital guardian edition.

Kade

Still, the lack of new planet is concerning...

Right, but that's irrelevant to the claim that the DLC is apparently on the disc, which is what this thread is about.

You can find DLC related strings or folders in many game discs and installations.

ElRenoRaven

How is this shocking? Did everyone forget that they planned this stuff in advance? Of course there are going to be some partial content on the disc. As teams get done with release content they're not just going to sit around and do nothing. It's obviously incomplete content that will be completed when the expansions hit.

So yea. Not a shock here. I think people really are just looking for reasons to hate this game.

meppi

Well here we go again. A brand new opportunity to shit on Destiny some more, hooray!

Content starved game? In my 40+ hours of playing the game I'm just about on the halfway point of the campaign alone...

Bungie has been clear from the very beginning that destiny would be a game that is built upon over time, so the "oh no! There are hooks in this game for future expansions! Bungie is teh evil!" Kinda stuff is a bit transparent.

Heck even nintendo built hooks into Mario Kart for future expansions. It's the way a ton of games work these days.

Well here we go again. A brand new opportunity to shit on Destiny some more, hooray!

Content starved game? In my 40+ hours of playing the game I'm just about on the halfway point of the campaign alone...

Bungie has been clear from the very beginning that destiny would be a game that is built upon over time, so the "oh no! There are hooks in this game for future expansions! Bungie is teh evil!" Kinda stuff is a bit transparent.

Heck even nintendo built hooks into Mario Kart for future expansions. It's the way a ton of games work these days.

What game are you playing?

Top Bottom