• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Glitch in Destiny reveals DLC details and content is partially on Disc

HykCraft

Neo Member
Wow, I'm still baffled that areas that where in the Beta/Alpha are not part of the final game. That parts of the UI already exist in the game doesn't surprise me. But entire pieces of the DLC.... Ahh wait a moment, you meant DLC as in Disk Locked Content instead of Down Loadable Content.

Rewatching the vidocs makes Destiny look like completely different game than what we got. Also what happened to Saturn? It was mentioned as playable in one of those vidocs.

Don't forget this as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9YoJjdEBv8

cakely

well this isn't really a good example at all. I've never been in a game where almost everyone got rare gear from one pvp match ... except the leader in this case.
This is a bad example because the loot is random, so what's the problem in the picture?
It's random and fair, if you don't want it to be random, just buy your gear.

The real problem is that there is barely any good gear that is dropped, if at all... I'm just about to level 2 in crucible and have never gotten one good item in the crucible, ever. And I'm not going to grind to level 3 in the crucible to buy the gear, I'll have sold the game before that.
Anyone tell me how many matches to reach level 3 crucible? (the answer is already more than i'm willing to do as I'm about done and not even level 2 yet).

Crucible rank 1 is 1500 reputation, rank 2 is 2000 and rank 3 is 2500, for a total of 6000 reputation points. Assuming you're playing on teams that give you a 50/50 win/loss ratio, you get 17.5 crucible reputation points per match, so that would take you about 343 matches to go from rank 0 to rank 3.

However, if you pick up five crucible bounties and clear them at a reasonable speed, let's say in ten matches, you can greatly reduce that number. Each bounty gives an average of 75 reputation, so, completing 5 of them in ten matches would award you an extra 37.5 reputation per match ... so, about 110 matches to go from rank 0 reputation to rank 3 reputation. You could reduce the number of matches even more if you cleared your five bounties in less than 10 matches, but you can usually only pick up five bounties per day.

Keep in mind the handler will sell you armor pieces at Rank 2. You only need Rank 3 for the weapons and the vehicles.

cakely

You cannot be serious. Attempting to rationalize "your reward is playing the game" and dismissing the actual rewards despite the fact the engrams can be decoded into something useful, and how half that loot wouldn't even exist had he not carried them to victory, but the main contributor should suck it up because he's getting what any AFKer will get anyway.

I'm actually serious, yes.

As I said before, the real reward is Crucible marks and Crucible reputation. The rewards on that screen are 100% random, and you'd get them whether your team wins or loses the match.

Not once did I say "your reward is playing the game", I think you've misunderstood me.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Anyone on PSN (PS4) up for exploring the Seraphim Vault? I've got it all set up.

I believe if you join my Fireteam, it boots you in there right now, then I'll leave and join your fireteam and it should put me in with you.

ZangBa

I'm actually serious, yes.

As I said before, the real reward is Crucible marks and Crucible reputation. The rewards on that screen are 100% random, and you'd get them whether your team wins or loses the match.

Not once did I say "your reward is playing the game", I think you've misunderstood me.

That isn't really a reward, it's what you expect to receive for participating, it is essentially the whole point of even joining the crucible.

The entire section is labeled "Activity Rewards", under rewards, and should be based on some type of system that gauges actual contribution, to incentivize people into actually caring.

cakely

That isn't really a reward, it's what you expect to receive for participating, it is essentially the whole point of even joining the crucible.

The entire section is labeled "Activity Rewards", under rewards, and should be based on some type of system that gauges actual contribution, to incentivize people into actually caring.

I agree that that would be a nice improvement to the current system. Maybe even base the rewards off of medals you receive? Or the point awards of the medals you receive?

If they want to leave it the way it is they should just state, right on that screen, that the rewards are random and not performance-based.

biteren

I agree that that would be a nice improvement to the current system. Maybe even base the rewards off of medals you receive? Or the point awards of the medals you receive?

If they want to leave it the way it is they should just state, right on that screen, that the rewards are random and not performance-based.

you know what would work? if your the leading player in your team, you get better chances to get loot, it can stay random but at least there will be some incentive to do good and the higher chance would be a nice touch

Seraphim Vault is different place than Jovian Complex. Both are located in Old Russia even if at different places in it. Jovian Complex, according OT video, is one that is going to be strike.

Bunker RAS-2 / Seraphim Vault is located underneath Forgotten Shore.

If interested here is few pics from Seraphim when I visited it today, click.

Yea I know, there's also King's Watch in Old Russia. My point is just that all they've done is built the geometry for the area and made it so you can't enter. King's Watch I believe has some enemies behind a door and a boss. But it could just be some placeholder shit they were using for testing. An area with some enemies plopped into the middle of it does not equal finished content.

Top Bottom