• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Glitch in Destiny reveals DLC details and content is partially on Disc

You might not like Destiny, you may find what content it has repetitive, but saying it lacks actual content is deluded.
Its got "content" but it doesn't feel complete. In fact, it feels like it had some pretty important stuff removed. So everybody that finishes it has a laugh and says "That's it? I don't even know why we were doing what we just did."

That's a bad feeling to have when you know two premium DLC packs are on the way. Stuff like the glitch that started this thread just adds fuel to those misgivings.

DNAbro

Uh it has generic spawns. You can currently go all the way to the spider tank fight as well with generic spawns but it doesn't have full enemy encounters like the Devils lair strike does.

So much jumping to conclusions in this thread.

Well obviously it doesn't have mission encounters. The missions aren't implemented. It does have the same type of spawns seen throughout the rest of the game.

2 DLC packs announced several months before the game was released are already on the disk? I'd be surprised if people were surprised about this to be honest. Can't really add much more than what others have already said about the game lacking any real content already.

Think I'm done with Destiny unless the first DLC is free. This Gen has been really underwhelming so far.

Concept17

Its got "content" but it doesn't feel complete. In fact, it feels like it had some pretty important stuff removed. So everybody that finishes it has a laugh and says "That's it? I don't even know why we were doing what we just did."

That's a bad feeling to have when you know two premium DLC packs are on the way. Stuff like the glitch that started this thread just adds fuel to those misgivings.

Yeah. I think people have been pretty harsh on the game, and too many bought into the hype. (I've enjoyed the game)

But the game just kind of ends and leaves you with not enough. They need to look to games like GW2, where they include all kinds of stuff like jumping puzzles, smaller storylines, and sizeable monthly updates. As that was the last MMO I played before Destiny, it makes this game feel like a sample of what should be a bigger game.

The two DLC being the "expanions" correct?

Uh it has generic spawns. You can currently go all the way to the spider tank fight as well with generic spawns but it doesn't have full enemy encounters like the Devils lair strike does.

So much jumping to conclusions in this thread.

How is it different? I haven't seen it yet.

MMaRsu

Banned
Can someone please create a thread " Destiny is not an MMO"

?

Cause I cant make it but it seems people keep thinking this is an mmo with free content updates lolz.

Zakalwe

Banned
His game doesn't end and leave you without content. It end and leaves you without a good conclusion to the awful story.

There is plenty to do.

I honestly think people at letting their bitterness surrounding their expectations for what they hopes this game would be cloud their judgement here. Many games with just as repetitive gameplay and less content don't get this amount of backlash.

joecanada

Let's forget the PR crap that Bungie spin about this game.

Then let's look at the actual content:

Campaign missions
Strikes
Raid
Patrol
Pvp

Then events like nightfall, daily, queen's wrath, etc...

Now, even though the events are recycle areas they add new ways to play. Compare this to an mmo and it seems lacking. Compare it to a typical AAA fps release and it has a huge amount of content.

You might not like Destiny, you may find what content it has repetitive, but saying it lacks actual content is deluded.

so your definition of "actual content" is literally numerical, as in the number of times you can do something? Because all of the strikes are the same, all the patrol missions are the same, and the raids are, yep, all the same. Slightly different settings, slightly different enemies, but still the same.
I am enjoying destiny, i even bought the 99 dollar special edition, but I am never going to sit around doing the same strikes over and over for 3 measly vanguard marks. Not a chance.
This game servers will be a ghost town by January if they don't add something substantial by the time christmas hits. That's not my wish, just a prediction.

And there are plenty of grindy games that you can do over and over for loot or rewards, if that's the type of game this is, count me out. I'll go back to an earlier comment I stated and say that if my wish was to put hundreds of hours in for loot, I would go back to warframe with the mods, weapons, warframes, melee system, it is a much deeper game with way more content..... but that repetition....

p.s - I also loved my time with warframe.

cakely

Sigh.

This probably isn't related, but are there going to be more than two expansion packs?

Or are we going to have to wait for Destiny 2 in two years?

I'm almost embarrassed to say it but there are parts of Destiny lore that I actually enjoy, despite the awful dialog that delivers it.

DNAbro

Sigh.

This probably isn't related, but are there going to be more than two expansion packs?

Or are we going to have to wait for Destiny 2 in two years?

I'm almost embarrassed to say it but there are parts of Destiny lore that I actually enjoy, despite the awful dialog that delivers it.

we might(keyword might) get a major expansion next year. Also the world is interesting, it's just the fact that they haven't done anything interesting with it yet.

Zakalwe

Banned
so your definition of "actual content" is literally numerical, as in the number of times you can do something? Because all of the strikes are the same, all the patrol missions are the same, and the raids are, yep, all the same. Slightly different settings, slightly different enemies, but still the same.
I am enjoying destiny, i even bought the 99 dollar special edition, but I am never going to sit around doing the same strikes over and over for 3 measly vanguard marks. Not a chance.
This game servers will be a ghost town by January if they don't add something substantial by the time christmas hits. That's not my wish, just a prediction.

And there are plenty of grindy games that you can do over and over for loot or rewards, if that's the type of game this is, count me out. I'll go back to an earlier comment I stated and say that if my wish was to put hundreds of hours in for loot, I would go back to warframe with the mods, weapons, warframes, melee system, it is a much deeper game with way more content..... but that repetition....

p.s - I also loved my time with warframe.

Warframe us not deeper. It's just more convoluted.

Warframe has also had months and months of updates.

And yes, I was talking numerical because that's the only way to quantify it objectively. The rest is subjective.

His game doesn't end and leave you without content. It end and leaves you without a good conclusion to the awful story.

There is plenty to do.

I honestly think people at letting their bitterness surrounding their expectations for what they hopes this game would be cloud their judgement here. Many games with just as repetitive gameplay and less content don't get this amount of backlash.

What is there to do do? All the missions, strikes, raids, patrols or whatever are all virtually the same. They're given different labels, but what you do in a strike is almost identical to what you do in a mission. To me that doesn't equal more content.

You may see doing the same mission over and over again to get better gear to make that same mission slightly easier to do as rewarding and as being rich in content, but I don't. To me that's boring and it has nothing to do with bitterness.

The reason other games don't get the backlash is because other games like this are formally announced as being MMO's, so people know what to expect. Bungie told us time and time again that Destiny wasn't an MMO, so it's hardly our fault for expecting something a bit more substantial.

MMaRsu

Banned

There is plenty to do.

Because its Bungie. One of the all time greatest developers in console fps games.

Zakalwe

Banned
What is there to do do? All the missions, strikes, raids, patrols or whatever are all virtually the same. They're given different labels, but what you do in a strike is almost identical to what you do in a mission. To me that doesn't equal more content.

You may see doing the same mission over and over again to get better gear to make that same mission slightly easier to do as rewarding and as being rich in content, but I don't. To me that's boring and it has nothing to do with bitterness.

I can guarantee you you play games that are "the same thing over and over" and don't penalise them for it.

This game is just as repetitive as Diablo, or Borderlands, or Halo, or Warframe, or CoD, or Far Cry, or countless games we could mention.

It's ridiculous.

Because its Bungie. One of the all time greatest developers in console fps games.

Exactly. It's not about the game, it's about expectation.

joecanada

Warframe us not deeper. It's just more convoluted.

Warframe has also had months and months of updates.

And yes, I was talking numerical because that's the only way to quantify it objectively. The rest is subjective.

warframe is easy, you just quickly read the wiki guide and boom you're done. you have mods that add to your abilities, you can transmute or combine them to level them... not really a big deal. but there's hundreds of them... yes they have had longer to update so we will see what destiny does with the coming months....

I have run into tons of people in destiny online who didn't know you could sell bloom for vanguard, can't find xur, didn't know about factions... all this I learned on gaf, the game is also crap at explaining so wiki is the new "book" for most games.

I can't disagree with your premise, that actual content is numerical, but as I said before, this game will be a ghost town by January if that is how the developers planned it, there are very few people who care about repeating missions over and over for little reward. And the rewards are pretty little in destiny. At least in Diablo and Warframe you can trade, I easily could make a desired build just by hoarding stuff other people wanted.

I can guarantee you you play games that are "the same thing over and over" and don't penalise them for it.

This game is just as repetitive as Diablo, or Borderlands, or Halo, or Warframe, or CoD, or Far Cry, or countless games we could mention.

It's ridiculous.

How do you guarantee that exactly?

Saying that do, I do play Diablo. But I've been playing since Diablo 1 so I knew what to expect with 2 and 3. And as far as I remember, Diablo 3 wasn't hyped to up be the second coming of Gaming Jesus the way Destiny was, and it got heavily criticised at launch for all sorts of reasons. It also has a much better loot system than Destiny, and randomly generated maps and dungeons help too, along with not forcing you to replay the same 4 or 5 missions over and over to continue playing the game.

Borderlands doesn't have a lot of mission variety, but that's excused by the amount of guns they have. At least for me, that's where the drive to continue playing is. I know I can play for a few minutes more and potentially find a new awesome gun. Destiny doesn't have that allure. Borderlands also has (in my opinion) a great sense of humour and great characterisation which make you want to progress through the story and compete the side quests.

CoD and FarCry are repetitive to me, which is why I don't play them.

So yeah, other games do have repetitive elements, but they also have other factors which make this tolerable or excusable. These games feel like complete experiences. These games were also never hyped to the point Destiny was. I was never led to believe that Borderlands or Diablo were going to be anything other than what they were. Destiny feels like a completely different game that what was hyped up to us.

What does Destiny have that excuses the fact there's nothing to do in the end game except grind the same 5 missions over and over to get better loot to make those same 5 missions easier to do?

Zakalwe

Banned
How do you guarantee that exactly?

Saying that do, I do play Diablo. But I've been playing since Diablo 1 so I knew what to expect with 2 and 3. And as far as I remember, Diablo 3 wasn't hyped to up be the second coming of Gaming Jesus the way Destiny was, and it got heavily criticised at launch for all sorts of reasons. It also has a much better loot system than Destiny, and randomly generated maps and dungeons help too, along with not forcing you to replay the same 4 or 5 missions over and over to continue playing the game.

Borderlands doesn't have a lot of mission variety, but that's excused by the amount of guns they have. At least for me, that's where the drive to continue playing is. I know I can play for a few minutes more and potentially find a new awesome gun. Destiny doesn't have that allure. Borderlands also has (in my opinion) a great sense of humour and great characterisation which make you want to progress through the story and compete the side quests.

CoD and FarCry are repetitive to me, which is why I don't play them.

So yeah, other games do have repetitive elements, but they also have other factors which make this tolerable or excusable. These games feel like complete experiences. What does Destiny have that excuses the fact there's nothing to do in the end game except grind the same 5 missions over and over to get better loot to make those same 5 missions easier to do?

"Boarderlands has little variety, but it's ok because they have so many guns".

Most of the guns you find are trash below the ones you're using. The whole "bazilion" thing is a terrible gimmick. You certainly will not play for a few minutes and find a new awesome gun that makes any sense to use.

In the time I spent with Destiny and Boarderlands, It feels like I found the same amount of actually useful gear.

And this is my point, take Destiny aside from the shattered expectations and the game you're actually left with does just as well as many of the games people play over and over and over.

You're free to like borderlands. That's great. I find it incredibly dull and had to force myself to finish it. The reasons you lost as negatives for Destiny I would list for BL (poor story, hardly any useful loot, repetitive gameplay, dull AI, etc...).

However, I can understand why someone would like BL and I can look at Destiny and Borderlands and see the exact same strengths and weaknesses with preference making you lean toward one over the other.

I agree though that the incomplete nature of Destiny does make it "feel" like there is less. That's definitely a huge downside and I guess that affects some t the point it makes the experience feel hollow.

Objectively though, there's still just as much content to do and it's just as repetitive as many well regarded games.

"Boarderlands has little variety, but it' son because they have so many guns".

Most of the guns you find are trash below the ones you're using. The whole "bazilion" thing is a terrible gimmick. You certainly will not play for a few minutes and find a new awesome gun.

How can you possibly tell me how I do and don't play my games?

I play them because like I said I can 'potentially' find an awesome gun. I don't get that feeling in Destiny. I feel like I'm grinding (which Borderlands never feels like to me) 2-3 hours to get a engram which will more than likely decode into something worse than what I have. At least Borderlands throws loot at you more often so you at least feel like you're progressing towards something better.

I play them because like I said I can 'potentially' find an awesome gun. I don't get that feeling in Destiny. I feel like I'm grinding (which Borderlands never feels like to me) 2-3 hours to get a engram which will more than likely decode into something worse than what I have. At least Borderlands throws loot at you more often so you at least feel like you're progressing towards something better.

Not to mention that in Destiny after lvl 20 (aka a few hours of playing) 90% of the weapons/armor you find are completely useless. Wasn't like that in Borderlands.

Zakalwe

Banned
Not to mention that in Destiny after lvl 20 (aka a few hours of playing) 90% of the weapons/armor you find are completely useless. Wasn't like that in Borderlands.

It was exactly like that for me. I had a few weapons I could use and 90% of what I found was lower level trash, whereas in Destiny I have a vault full of useful weapons.

I guess it's all about that RNG.

I'm not telling you how you play. Maybe you really did constantly find useful guns.

Anyway, I don't want to argue any more. I'd rather use my free time to play some video games. :3

I'm not telling you how you play. Maybe you really did constantly find useful guns.

Anyway, I don't want to argue any more. I'd rather use my free time to play some video games. :3

I didn't mean to sound argumentative. Hard to express tone online and other old chestnuts.

Zakalwe

Banned
I didn't mean to sound argumentative. Hard to express tone online and other old chestnuts.

It's cool, it's difficult to express yourself online sometimes. I probably came across as more confrontational than I intended too.

Besides, being a passionate video game nerd is something I'm totally ok with. :p

It was exactly like that for me. I had a few weapons I could use and 90% of what I found was lower level trash, whereas in Destiny I have a vault full of useful weapons.

I guess it's all about that RNG.

True... and what I consider useful might be completely different than what you do. I just find that most weapons in Destiny are very, very similar.

While Borderlands throws a lot of trash at you it compensates that by giving you something worthwhile once in a while. The problem is Destiny rarely does that it throws trash your way while rarely giving you useful shit. Seriously how many times can this game give me some variation of Axiom Coven for my Warlock. It's infuriating.

Borderlands also compensates by having a variety of weapons that have different characteristics. 12 different manufactures with different characteristics and 4 elemental types.

Oh jeez, you really didn't understand a thing I said, huh?

That was the exact point. You don't have 300 employees doing nothing for the last two months. But you don't have time to make new stuff and include it in the shipping product either. Anything new that you make at the end has to be DLC. You won't have time to test it and flesh it out otherwise.

300 people won't be doing nothing. But the artists and less technical people likely would be if it weren't for DLC.

How is this so hard for people to understand? You don't start making new sh*t at the end of the dev cycle. And if you do, it has to be post launch content.

Oh my word I think we are both talking a different language here haha. I understand that fully. But this isn't something they did at the last few months. Some of these locations were locked in the alpha/beta, and still are now. Some of these locaitons people have glitched into that may be in the dlc. If that is the case. Then they had this stuff already ready to go way before launch.

Diablo 3 has better loot system ??

Make me laugh to death.

Not sure if you're laughing at the statement itself or the fact that Destiny does worse than Diablo 3 lootwise. I'm not sure how someone can say with a straight face that Destiny has better loot than... well, anything. As weak as Diablo 3's loot was at launch, it still dropped relatively frequently and had clear stat differences between items. In Destiny, drops are absurdly rare and pretty much everything is identical (besides Exotics, which if you don't raid or nightfall are more or less nonexistant anyway).

Diablo 3, even at launch, pretty much had better everything.

Better loot, better PvE combat, better bosses, better "trash" mobs, better elite mobs, better replayability, better/more varied classes, better abilities, better economy (even with RMAH), better social integration (e.g., it actually existed), better story...

BokehKing

Banned

That's it? I immediately started grinding for gear, I knew there was more work to be done. The traveler can now begin to heal, that was the purpose of the story, maybe now we won't get utterly annihilated

Are you even attempting to do the vault of glass? Or are you ignoring end game

As disappointing as the story content in Destiny may be, is there some sort of rule that states "All content that is complete by the time the game is complete MUST be included in said game". Every argument I see seems to lay itself over that foundation.

It wouldn't surprise me to have other teams work on planned DLC in parallel to the completion of the main game. Without the monetary incentive of selling the DLC, a lot of extra content wouldn't even exist.

BokehKing

Banned
Not sure if you're laughing at the statement itself or the fact that Destiny does worse than Diablo 3 lootwise. I'm not sure how someone can say with a straight face that Destiny has better loot than... well, anything. As weak as Diablo 3's loot was at launch, it still dropped relatively frequently and had clear stat differences between items. In Destiny, drops are absurdly rare and pretty much everything is identical (besides Exotics, which if you don't raid or nightfall are more or less nonexistant anyway).

Lies, when I finally got a legendary in d3 vanilla, on my 3rd timethrough the story, it wasn't even for class....game was redeemed with 2.1

Lies, when I finally got a legendary in d3 vanilla, on my 3rd timethrough the story, it wasn't even for class....game was redeemed with 2.1

I've not had a legendary item and I'm level 25 on Destiny. Let alone an exotic. It's just a complete chore after level 20 for me. I barely get any good loot and it's just boring as hell unless you do a strike for the 50th time with a few buddies. And even that is getting boring now.

Btw your other post about the Raid. You can't really use that in an argument since half the players in Destiny will probably never experience it. I know I won't.

Comparing Destiny to Halo 3 or Halo Reach and this game is devoid of any good content.

Deluded? No.

What new ways to play do the events add?

Those strikes, are all the same mechanics wise. They offer nothing fresh.

Fehyd jumping to conclusions from your side as well.

Did I miss the part in Halo 3 where you played Soccer?

Did you go deep sea diving or something?

No. You ran around and shot things in different set pieces.

All this talk about " YOUR DOING THE SAME SHIT THO! " is ridiculous. This is a shooter. All shooters have you doing the same thing over and over again.

The scenarios of Destiny are redundant but the gameplay absolutely is not. You have a much wider range of kill scenarios compared to any other shooter like Call of Duty or Halo or Gears of War or whatever you want to throw out there.

Destiny is all about killing the next group of enemies with as much flare as you can come up with. Supers, melee kills, secondary kills, primary kills, heavy kills, grenade kills, etc. Mix and match. The actual combat portion of Destiny is AAA top notch shit.

The " doing the same shit " over and over thing can be said about any shooting games' missions. Yet here we are, with all these shooters about to come out but none getting the same flak this game is getting despite this game atleast having around 40 hours of unique content to experience before indeed you do start to go back and replay the same Strike or Raid or Mission on a harder difficulty.

I want to see all these same people who say this type of thing in Advanced Warfare's thread talking about how redundant the missions are in the single player campaign and how redundant killing other players in the game is. Since you know, you will be running around in circles killing them exactly the same way all the time. Oh but if you get a streak going you can unleash a NUCLEAR BLAST

Legendaries in D3 vanilla still dropped much more frequently than in Destiny. Not to mention that if you did get an item not for your class, you could easily trade it in - either through social features(!) or the AH - to get an equivalent item that you could use, neither of which is possible when you get an item not for your class in Destiny.

As disappointing as the story content in Destiny may be, is there some sort of rule that states "All content that is complete by the time the game is complete MUST be included in said game". Every argument I see seems to lay itself over that foundation.

It wouldn't surprise me to have other teams work on planned DLC in parallel to the completion of the main game. Without the monetary incentive of selling the DLC, a lot of extra content wouldn't even exist.

Then where does that put Diablo 3, where they continued to update the game after release, and then released the balancing patch for free before Reaper of Souls came out?

There's a stark difference in Blizzard and Bungie. That is, Blizzard is passionate about their games. They keep updating the game and listening to alot of feedback.

Bungie so far has just shown us that they'll only tilt when their game is in danger of being abandoned(Loot cave being a huge straw that broke the camels back). What we do know of Bungie is they announced paid DLC since before the game came out. They're going to want to sale that DLC.

Blizzard on the other hand, released Reaper of Souls, and then decided to keep adding on to it and balancing even though there is no gain for them to do so until the next expansion. They added Great Rifts and finally implemented Seasons, even though they already shipped Reaper of Souls. They want people to keep playing their game, even though in the near future there is no paid expansions coming out for it.

Bungie on the other hand, has 2 months to get as many sales for their first expansion pack.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Did I miss the part in Halo 3 where you played Soccer?

Did you go deep sea diving or something?

No. You ran around and shot things in different set pieces.

All this talk about " YOUR DOING THE SAME SHIT THO! " is ridiculous. This is a shooter. All shooters have you doing the same thing over and over again.

The scenarios of Destiny are redundant but the gameplay absolutely is not. You have a much wider range of kill scenarios compared to any other shooter like Call of Duty or Halo or Gears of War or whatever you want to throw out there.

Destiny is all about killing the next group of enemies with as much flare as you can come up with. Supers, melee kills, secondary kills, primary kills, heavy kills, grenade kills, etc. Mix and match. The actual combat portion of Destiny is AAA top notch shit.

The " doing the same shit " over and over thing can be said about any shooting games' missions. Yet here we are, with all these shooters about to come out but none getting the same flak this game is getting despite this game atleast having around 40 hours of unique content to experience before indeed you do start to go back and replay the same Strike or Raid or Mission on a harder difficulty.

I want to see all these same people who say this type of thing in Advanced Warfare's thread talking about how redundant the missions are in the single player campaign and how redundant killing other players in the game is. Since you know, you will be running around in circles killing them exactly the same way all the time. Oh but if you get a streak going you can unleash a NUCLEAR BLAST

I guess I wouldn't be upset if I had known Destiny was just another really short shooter with pvp as I definitely would not have purchased it.
I bought into Bungie's and other people's hype and was expecting a whole lot more as far as bigger world experience/exploration.

BajiBoxer

Banned
It's weird. I don't think I've ever played a game so much where I still agree with the majority of the negative criticisms. I guess it's a testament to how much I really enjoy just running around shooting things in a Bungie shooter. If the DLC is as barebones as I fear and as poorly implemented as the main campaign was, I think I'll have a hard time sticking with this for the long haul. It's missing some key things from repetitive loot based games like Diablo and their Halo games that might keep me from coming back.

In Diablo 3 the enemies and map changes every time you play. In Destiny, the enemies are always in the same place with very little variation on what types of enemies you'll find. The immersion also isn't helped with such terribly awful monster closets that stand out, and the sometimes baffling invisible walls and out of bounds deaths.

In Halo, other than the obviously superior storytelling, the PvP is far more diverse and deep. Even taking away balance issues, the confusion the weapon stat/perks variety causes, the network issues, and the people just showing up for random pve gear and bounties, it lacks variety the Halo series developed. Halo online had a pretty good ranking system, and more match types. Not being able to just set up a custom lobby where I can tweek the rules. weapon types, and match features really hurts Destiny. When the campaign is so incredibly weak, it really hurts not to have PvP be as good as it could have been.

BigDug13

While Borderlands throws a lot of trash at you it compensates that by giving you something worthwhile once in a while. The problem is Destiny rarely does that it throws trash your way while rarely giving you useful shit. Seriously how many times can this game give me some variation of Axiom Coven for my Warlock. It's infuriating.

Borderlands also compensates by having a variety of weapons that have different characteristics. 12 different manufactures with different characteristics and 4 elemental types.

And a wealth of different environments that feel way more varied than 4 planets. And a wealth of enemy types, animal types, elite types, boss types, vehicle combat, easter eggs, story lore items, specific quest rewards that are some of the best items in the game, character class interactions that feel more like a team effort when grouped, more RPG style of crowd control, healing, tanking, assassinations, pet classes. NG+ with additional enemy types that didn't exist for playthrough 1, 4 character classes that expanded to 6 (5 classes given for preorders), 4 player co-op on story and raids.

I feel like the Destiny franchise has the possibility for greatness, but I think like many franchises, they bit off more than they could chew for the first installment. Like AC improved from 1 to 2 and Uncharted improved from 1 to 2, Borderlands improved from 1 to 2, I fully expect Destiny 2 to be a much more compelling package.

So is it just new missions essentially on the same maps? Not even a new earth area? New planet? I was kind of hoping the DLC would breathe life into Destiny which at the moment feels like a half finished game...

Altima

Better loot, better PvE combat, better bosses, better "trash" mobs, better elite mobs, better replayability, better/more varied classes, better abilities, better economy (even with RMAH), better social integration (e.g., it actually existed), better story...

Diablo 3 is an example of the worst loot system in the universe.

Grind 10-20 hours for nothing except paragon level that no one care.

And a wealth of different environments that feel way more varied than 4 planets. And a wealth of enemy types, animal types, elite types, boss types, vehicle combat, easter eggs, story lore items, specific quest rewards that are some of the best items in the game, character class interactions that feel more like a team effort when grouped, more RPG style of crowd control, healing, tanking, assassinations, pet classes. NG+ with additional enemy types that didn't exist for playthrough 1, 4 character classes that expanded to 6 (5 classes given for preorders), 4 player co-op on story and raids.

I feel like the Destiny franchise has the possibility for greatness, but I think like many franchises, they bit off more than they could chew for the first installment. Like AC improved from 1 to 2 and Uncharted improved from 1 to 2, Borderlands improved from 1 to 2, I fully expect Destiny 2 to be a much more compelling package.

Man reading that, makes me excited for a next-gen borderlands. Even though I can disagree with some of the people who work on the game *coughburchcough*, the gameplay has always been solid.

One thing I love about Borderlands is well, the manufacturers like you mentioned it. Maliwan for elemental, Jakobs for raw fire power, Torque for everything explosive...the fact that I can name them off the top of my head speaks alot for it.

I couldn't tell you the difference between a Galahad or Cydonia from Destiny.

Diablo 3 is an example of the worst loot system in the universe.

Grind 10-20 hours for nothing except paragon level that no one care.

Compelling argument, comrade. Was this the worst post in the universe? I'll need a consensus.

ZangBa

Woah, woah, let's not jump to conclusions here. Destiny's non-existent story is still better than that almost offensive excuse of a story Diablo III has.

Legendaries in D3 vanilla still dropped much more frequently than in Destiny. Not to mention that if you did get an item not for your class, you could easily trade it in - either through social features(!) or the AH - to get an equivalent item that you could use, neither of which is possible when you get an item not for your class in Destiny.

Strongly disagree, I didn't see a single legendary drop for 80+ hours in vanilla D3... when I did it was complete garbage. I already have 2 or 3 exotics and the a lot of legendaries on Destiny in 50ish hours. That being said Reaper of Souls made huge improvements to D3 (and I imagine 2.1 did too, haven't played since that came out though)

pr0cs

Still can't believe people bitch about DLC being on disc... because if you had to download it you'd be happier? Doesn't make a lick of sense at all. Not that I have any interest in DLC for Destiny, the game sort of wore out it's welcome with me once I hit level 20, but if I was interested in the DLC I would rather not have to download it as well.

Altima

In Destiny I know what I am doing. I do daily mission, weekly strike for mark to trade for legendary weapon. I do nightfall and raid to get legendary or exotic gears. They reward handsomely for my difficult task.

In Diablo, I do not know what I am doing. I have to farm mindlessly until RNGsus give me something and 99 % of loots are useless.

KarmaCow

Still can't believe people bitch about DLC being on disc... because if you had to download it you'd be happier? Doesn't make a lick of sense at all. Not that I have any interest in DLC for Destiny, the game sort of wore out it's welcome with me once I hit level 20, but if I was interested in the DLC I would rather not have to download it as well.

People aren't annoyed that there are a few 1s and 0s on a disc rather than downloading it later, it's what it means for a game that they feel is light on content.

Nokterian

Diablo 3 has better loot system ??

Make me laugh to death.

Guess you never played Reaper of Souls hm?

screenshot026mvklw.jpg

Legendary are legendary's not green,not blue. Legendary's.

Top Bottom