• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: Global Starcraft II League (GSL) 2012 GSL Season 5 + GSTL Season 3 Thread

ghst

thanks for the laugh
i feel like buying a dozen not-offensively-disgusting windbreakers off of some chinese ebay store and shipping them to acer just so i never have to see that uniform again.

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
Yeah rough night for Protoss. Rain's decision to sit out of Code S has back fired as we all speculated it might when it was first announced. Whilst he is a good player, getting through that Code B qualifiers is no walk in the park.

Good to see Flash & Bomber making it through.

Tune into team league, and first thing I hear is another player, Inori, going over to LOL.

Can't blame them. A player of his quality will be lucky to ever win a tournament, hell with the current standard of players getting better he may even be a struggle to reach code A.

A lot of these players pretty much couldn't come close to winning anything before and now there is a huge influx of kespa players to deal with. I don't think it's a coincidence that the players have started switching over since that happened.

bbyybb

That was a cool first game from Gumiho, nice usage of ghosts.

StarTail using some of their big name players early tonight.

Mairu

Can't blame them. A player of his quality will be lucky to ever win a tournament, hell with the current standard of players getting better he may even be a struggle to reach code A.

A lot of these players pretty much couldn't come close to winning anything before and now there is a huge influx of kespa players to deal with. I don't think it's a coincidence that the players have started switching over since that happened.

Have any of these players who switched over from BW or SC2 to LoL actually accomplished anything?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Have any of these players who switched over from BW or SC2 to LoL actually accomplished anything?

Haven't been keeping a close eye on it, but this would be interesting to know.

All I know is select got given a spot in the korean dota 2 wcg team pretty much immediatly

bbyybb

Mass Carrier/Void Ray winning the game for Squirtle. Final game coming up now with Leenock.

I like seeing the team league games coming down to the wire.

I'm pretty sure none of them have yet. Regardless they know they aren't going to in SC2 so why not give it a shot?

Edit: Not that it is any easier to make it in LoL.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
I'm pretty sure none of them have yet. Regardless they know they aren't going to in SC2 so why not give it a shot?

Edit: Not that it is any easier to make it in LoL.

dotalikes are so much about synergy that it's much harder to display individual distinction than in something like sc2, doubly so in a mechanically simplified dotalike such as lol.

bbyybb

If anyone gets the chance, catch the IEM Singapore Grubby vs MC Quarter Finals. An entertaining series of PvP. The last game especially with the strategies used.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
cqkO8.jpg

GSTL Finals live
http://www.gomtv.net/live/

Starters
MVP.Vampire(P) <Daybreak> FXO.TheBest(T)

ghst

thanks for the laugh
i'm feeling mvp, just on depth. i hope tails has some obnoxious map abusing snipe set up for gumi or leenock.

Corran Horn

Sad when finals are in studio :/ Guess cant really afford place when you probably spent the load on IPL5 lol. Studio is packed though.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
this will be when we find out if 8 range fungals and no research seekers actually affect anything.

Just let DRG and Leenock play already, we all know that ZvZ is the only way to decide who's the best starcraft anything these days.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Now is where I remember I never bought a GSTL ticket :lol

I also have $8 off a GSL sub if anyone wants it

Corran Horn

Code A is back. Starts in 25mins.

Premium Stream
Noblesse vs. Happy
BBoongBBoong vs. Dream
Bomber vs. GuMiho
ByuN vs. Center

Free Stream (later in night)
LosirA vs. Jaedong
Bbyong vs. NesTea
Flying vs. Mvp
Flash vs. BaBy

Bomber gone in 2 quick games. Sucks they had to meet up, bomber and gumiho are the 2 most exciting terrans around at the moment. Hope they both make code S.

Disappointing night tonight, no big names :p.

Top Bottom