• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: Global Starcraft II Team League 2012 (GSTL) Season 2 - More Foreigners!

Aaron

Are Fnatic the kings of botching? They should have won all of the last three games.

I would sent Maru, but what do I know?

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
Great night for Fnatic. Moon put them in a great position. I thought that some of the games that Fnatic lost, were because of some strange decisions by the players.

Prime is in a tough position being in the loser bracket now.

Aaron

Alive had clearly trained to take down BoongBoong. I think that's the danger if you send out the best, but most expected player.

ksan

So, this is a good start of the weekend for fnatic...

Let's see how many titles they will take at Dreamhack now

Wolf is so much better with Artosis than Tasteless. He adds to the actual substance of discussion, clearly plays the game, and is confident enough to debate/predict with Artosis. You can also tell Artosis loves being able to discuss things with someone who can actually hold an educated conversation.

bbyybb

Did not expect Ace to come out for Startail.

Good day for sculp, is this the first 3 kill for a terran so far in this season of the team league?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Did not expect Ace to come out for Startail.

Good day for sculp, is this the first 3 kill for a terran so far in this season of the team league?

Jjakji has 3 kills (2 different series though), Alive with 2 kills. And now Sculp with 3 so far.

Terran OP! :p

Nitsuj23

I'm new to following SC tournaments and it's somewhat overwhelming. After spending some time on Liquidpedia I think I vaguely understand GSTL, but I have a couple questions...

Is GSTL going on at the same time as GSL, and if so is there a thread for that as well?

Also, is there a schedule of all the major tournaments throughout the year? I'd like to more actively follow the tournaments, especially after enjoying MLG so much.

I'm sure these are very noobish questions, but I'd appreciate some insight from you guys so I don't have to scavenge Liquidpedia for hours on end. Thanks!

Corran Horn

I'm new to following SC tournaments and it's somewhat overwhelming. After spending some time on Liquidpedia I think I vaguely understand GSTL, but I have a couple questions...

Is GSTL going on at the same time as GSL, and if so is there a thread for that as well?

Also, is there a schedule of all the major tournaments throughout the year? I'd like to more actively follow the tournaments, especially after enjoying MLG so much.

I'm sure these are very noobish questions, but I'd appreciate some insight from you guys so I don't have to scavenge Liquidpedia for hours on end. Thanks!

GSL Season 3 thread
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=474891

Easiest way to track tournaments is either
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Portal:Leagues
-Usually upcoming tournaments are soon. Or if you click like Premier tournaments, it will show you upcoming ones too.

or just ask on SC2 gaf thread on community forums.

Vaporak

What Corran said is good. But also the Team Liquid Calendar and the Tournament forum are both good places to go for information. Also if you just go to the Team Liquid site the calendar is visible on the top right side of the website and lists upcoming events and gives links to their streams when they are on air.

Nitsuj23

I appreciate the quick replies.

I'm on the GOMTV site trying to watch the live match, but when I click on the green box that says SQ Free Live it just reloads the page. Am I supposed to be able to stream the games in low quality for free or do I have to purchase a ticket to view the games? Sorry, last question I promise!

Link to page I'm viewing - http://www.gomtv.net/live/index.gom?conid=67557&set=1

I appreciate the quick replies.

I'm on the GOMTV site trying to watch the live match, but when I click on the green box that says SQ Free Live it just reloads the page. Am I supposed to be able to stream the games in low quality for free or do I have to purchase a ticket to view the games? Sorry, last question I promise!

Link to page I'm viewing - http://www.gomtv.net/live/index.gom?conid=67557&set=1

Download and install the GOM Player. The free stream is free. And pretty crappy :)

Vaporak

That's what it was... for some reason on my Windows partition it wasn't prompting me to download GOM Player. Everything's working now on OSX.

Yeah it's kind of weird that it's setup that way. But GOMTV's parent company makes the GOM player, and it's apparently a super popular media player in Asia.

bbyybb

Terrible from Startale tonight. They will be facing Prime again quite soon.

NSHoSo won it easier that I had anticipated.

Startale is showing IM-like skill in the GSTL.

They are similar to IM in the "decisive" coaching decisions.

Edit: It must be said though, that only 1 player won a game for Startail (ACE) and that is just disappointing.

Aaron

I think he was already so fucked at that point he needed to cancel to get more money for units.
I think with the way the map was set up and his opponent on roaches he could have held and built up a much stronger army. Instead he was just roach chow. It's true he wasn't ahead, but I don't see how what he tried could have ever worked.

Sniper isn't winning as much as his opponents are completely botching it.

Aaron

Missed the game, but no surprise Puzzle could pull it off. They should play Ryung after he dominated in his Code S matches.

Corran Horn

Early night reminder! Starts in about 30mins from post.

TSL vs FXOpen

aheP4.png

Top Bottom