• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War 3 Has Gone Gold - Lots of Reviews Out Already

i-Lo

ghostofsparta said:
I agree that the story in GOW 1 is more personal. GOW 2 is more of REVENGE REVENGE REVENGE, which isn't bad but I liked personal a bit more.

Not to mention the first time you see Aries at war with tiny humans and the epic rousing signature music kicks in as you step on to the foyer with winds gusting, it causes goosebumps.

To me, GoW1 felt more atmospheric than GoW2.

Technically everything was superior with GoW2 though.

Thrakier

ghostofsparta said:
I agree that the story in GOW 1 is more personal. GOW 2 is more of REVENGE REVENGE REVENGE, which isn't bad but I liked personal a bit more.

ghostofsparta said:
GOW 2 is more of REVENGE REVENGE REVENGE, which isn't bad but I liked personal a bit more.

ghostofsparta said:
REVENGE REVENGE REVENGE

ghostofsparta said:

REVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thrakier said:
REVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From Revenge, it looks like in GoW 3 Kratos has become a chaotic evil nihilist in the D&D alignment
Chaotic Evil is referred to as the "Destroyer" or "Demonic" alignment. Characters of this alignment tend to have no respect for rules, other peoples' lives, or anything but their own desires, which are typically selfish and cruel. They set a high value on personal freedom, but do not have any regard for the lives or freedom of other people. They do not work well in a group, as they resent being given orders, and usually only behave themselves out of fear of punishment.
Except the last line, he pretty much fits the bill :D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
AnnSwag said:
Thats pretty cool. I bet there must be a ton of content if it takes up that much of a disc. Although GOW isn't really a plot masterpiece, I wonder what in the world they made to take up that much room! It also kinda makes me wonder how large the install will be.....

What you guys think?

http://www.gamercenteronline.net/2010/02/21/god-of-war-iii-utilizes-35gb-of-blu-ray-space/
Hard to not quote your tag :lol but yeah, I've got no clue what's taking so much space. Uncompressed sound probably.

MoxManiac

RustyNails said:
GoW3 is being released two weeks after FF13, which is being released two weeks after Heavy Rain which is releasing tomorrow >.>

Buy FF13, finish it in a week, trade it in for GoW3

Isn't GoW3 one week after FF13? Splitting hairs, I know...

slider

AnnSwag I think it was posted a few pages back. Tweeted originally. And I think the install's 5gigs? Again I think it was a few pages back. Some folk speculated the audio would be quite significant. I could have made this all up though.

Cruzader

Banned
Yea and remember GOW games have the "making of" videos... tons of them. Im sure this time around they are in HD, unlike the SD crap of the other games.(reason why they were huge too)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
V_Ben said:
pics or it didn't happen dude :D
Apparently he couldn't afford it so...

MoxManiac said:
Isn't GoW3 one week after FF13? Splitting hairs, I know...
13 days actually. I got into an interesting discussion with GameCrazy sales dude who went on a rant against gaming companies releasing so many AAA quality games in such a short time. He listed Bioshock 2, ME2, Heavy rain, FF13 and GoW3. He was complaining that he's already finding it really hard to finish ME2, and that he hasn't even started BioShock 2. I was just standing there listening, I guess he wanted to vent :D

MoxManiac

RustyNails said:
13 days actually. I got into an interesting discussion with GameCrazy sales dude who went on a rant against gaming companies releasing so many AAA quality games in such a short time. He listed Bioshock 2, ME2, Heavy rain, FF13 and GoW3. He was complaining that he's already finding it really hard to finish ME2, and that he hasn't even started BioShock 2. I was just standing there listening, I guess he wanted to vent :D

FFXIII is 3/9 and GoW3 is 3/16 which is 7 day....

rhino4evr

RustyNails said:

im pretty sure we all feel this way, especially if you are a multi console owner. I still haven't played Bayonetta..just about to finish Mass Effect 2.

Corto

Killer Frank said:
game is already for sale in shop here in dubai

Holtz said:
He got banned for spoiling in the Heavy Rain thread.
Thank God I bailed that thread. It was becoming unbearable with super gushing from people linking to articles and youtube videos choke full of spoilers. Its a spoiler landmine over there.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I think GOW3 will be a pretty great action game and should tow the line just like the previous 2, but we're in for GTAIV sized disappointment going by the ridiculous hyperbole in those reviews. Do yourselves a favor, people. Set your expectations (and your standards) low and you're guaranteed to have a good time. Works for me. :D

RustyNails said:
Thank God I bailed that thread. It was becoming unbearable with super gushing from people linking to articles and youtube videos choke full of spoilers. Its a spoiler landmine over there.

Ah, thanks for the heads up - I will not enter the Heavy Rain -thread until I have finished my first playthrough of the game.

Great quarter for gaming, by the way. FFXIII, Heavy Rain and God of War 3 in close succession. Bliss. :)

BumRush

truly101 said:
I think GOW3 will be a pretty great action game and should tow the line just like the previous 2, but we're in for GTAIV sized disappointment going by the ridiculous hyperbole in those reviews. Do yourselves a favor, people. Set your expectations (and your standards) low and you're guaranteed to have a good time. Works for me. :D

Too late!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Lé Blade Runner said:
Ah, thanks for the heads up - I will not enter the Heavy Rain -thread until I have finished my first playthrough of the game.

Great quarter for gaming, by the way. FFXIII, Heavy Rain and God of War 3 in close succession. Bliss. :)

No Bad Company 2 love? These 4 games will keep me entertained for quite a while.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
rhino4evr said:
the only thing I like better in GoW1 is the story, it was a lot more personal...pretty much everything else in GoW II blows the original out of the water though. Never played it on PSP

Yep, that's basically how I feel. But for gameplay, level design, scenarios, set pieces, bosses, pacing, etc., I think GoW II slaughters the original.

Weenerz

Banned
AnnSwag said:
Thats pretty cool. I bet there must be a ton of content if it takes up that much of a disc. Although GOW isn't really a plot masterpiece, I wonder what in the world they made to take up that much room! It also kinda makes me wonder how large the install will be.....

What you guys think?

http://www.gamercenteronline.net/2010/02/21/god-of-war-iii-utilizes-35gb-of-blu-ray-space/

The demo was 2.6gb and it was like 25 minutes long, so using total space taken up as a measure of how much content is in the game isn't going to work very well.

Madman

truly101 said:
I think GOW3 will be a pretty great action game and should tow the line just like the previous 2, but we're in for GTAIV sized disappointment going by the ridiculous hyperbole in those reviews.
No way it would be GTA4 like. Unless they majorly changed the series for the worst, like GTA4. :(

Lé Blade Runner said:
While we're on the topic, also avoid going to N4G and IGN/Gamefaqs boards. Over there, trolls are using spoilers as their usernames to spoil the game for everyone. Moderators at N4G are warning users not to read comments :lol

rhino4evr

RustyNails said:
While we're on the topic, also avoid going to N4G and IGN/Gamefaqs boards. Over there, trolls are using spoilers as their usernames to spoil the game for everyone. Moderators at N4G are warning users not to read comments :lol
WTF is wrong with people?

rhino4evr

truly101 said:
I'm in this boat. Although to be honest the demo did nor WOW me like I was expecting so I already have lower expectations. I'm expecting god of war with great graphics and epic set pieces nothing more nothing less.

careful

So I'm playing GoW2 on GoW collection for the first time. Played GoW1 a while back.
Man, some of these puzzles are not well designed. I hate it when I have to break a random part of the environment that's just there in the background. Had to resort to gamefaqs a few times.. Lame.

rhino4evr

careful said:
So I'm playing GoW2 on GoW collection for the first time. Played GoW1 a while back.
Man, some of these puzzles are not well designed. I hate it when I have to break a random part of the environment that's just there in the background. Had to resort to gamefaqs a few times.. Lame.
Pretty sure the breakable walls look a little different then the normal ones
just wait until you get to the climbing puzzle. So cheap/bad the creators apologized for it

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
DIrtyWeasel said:
What are the first two? If I were to guess... Metal Gear Solid 4 and Final Fantasy XIII? Is that right?

Yes.

VegaShinra said:
God of War 3 event taking place on the 24th. Probably be the stuff GTTV shows on Thursday.

Bundle announcement incoming?

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
rhino4evr said:
Pretty sure the breakable walls look a little different then the normal ones
just wait until you get to the climbing puzzle. So cheap/bad the creators apologized for it

What puzzle are you thinking of? The one with the caged soldier in GoW 1?

VegaShinra

hey_it's_that_dog said:
I believe that episode was already taped some time last week. What's this event you speak of?
It's a media event. The devs will be around for interviews and fun times.

It's interesting that Sony picked the exact day of the Nintendo Summit.

Combichristoffersen said:
What puzzle are you thinking of? The one with the caged soldier in GoW 1?

I think he's talking about the one where you have to move that box to one ledge and the floors have spikes that came up really really fast. Dear god that was cruel.

Top Bottom