• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War 3 Has Gone Gold - Lots of Reviews Out Already

Lince said:
- wrong, there was a firmware update that messed the loading pauses, but it was fixed. Get your facts straight before posting bullshit.
Hahaha sorry cupcake. Oh and me trolling a PS3 game? C'mon buddy your gonna have to do better than that.

Cruzader

Banned
jsnepo said:
I hope this gets answered soon. Even with the great visuals this game will have, I will still be disappointed if it doesn't run at 60 fps.
Even 60FPS games drop to mid 40s and shit. MW2 says hi.

No 60FPS game ever runs smooth or perfect. Even GOW collection drops a few frames in certain parts but thats due to emulation. No one should think "Ooo 60FPS!! smooth and perfect!" since it hasnt happened. (maybe only in fighting games)

Locked 30, is where its at.

Edit: I should mention on current gen consoles.

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
Cruzader said:
Even 60FPS games drop to mid 40s and shit. MW2 says hi.

No 60FPS game ever runs smooth or perfect. Even GOW collection drops a few frames in certain parts but thats due to emulation. No one should think "Ooo 60FPS!! smooth and perfect!" since it hasnt happened. (maybe only in fighting games)

Locked 30, is where its at.

Categorically wrong.

Should the review copies of this game come with the extra content that we know is on the disc? There's supposed to be a new GT5 trailer on it and I just want to know if I should stay excited about seeing it.

KingDizzi

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Should the review copies of this game come with the extra content that we know is on the disc? I know reviewers probably won't be able to rip it, but I just want to find out early on if I should stay excited about that new GT5 trailer that's on the disc.

Yep will be good to see what it is, length is not like any already released so this is probably a new one. I say probably because you never know........maybe 30 seconds just flashing the PD logo.
setting the hype bar low, it's just on a game disc at the end of the day so not expecting anything big

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but have we got any confirmation about framerate?

Is it now locked to 30fps or is it still floating between 30 and 60 like in the demo? (I'm hoping the former for the sake of my brain cells).

KingDizzi said:
Yep will be good to see what it is, length is not like any already released so this is probably a new one. I say probably because you never know........maybe 30 seconds just flashing the PD logo.
setting the hype bar low, it's just on a game disc at the end of the day so not expecting anything big

Yeah, I don't want to get too excited about it. But the trailer on that disc is around 30 seconds longer than any trailer we've seen so far.

keyrat

Locked 30fps sounds good, but I think I'd rather the variable framerate that never drops below 30fps.

Don't you guys remember the flying part in the demo? It was a pretty consistent at a higher than 30fps rate (between 45-60 I think). I'm not sure it'd look as good locked at 30fps.

Kittonwy

Banned
shantyman said:
Categorically wrong.

If it doesn't have all the eye-candy then it ain't perfect.

Most likely you have to cut back on stuff to get it locked at 60fps. At the end of the day it's all about give-and-take, can't have all the eye-candy when you want 60fps locked.
Indifferent2.gif

keyrat said:
Locked 30fps sounds good, but I think I'd rather the variable framerate that never drops below 30fps.

Don't you guys remember the flying part in the demo? It was a pretty consistent at a higher than 30fps rate (between 45-60 I think). I'm not sure it'd look as good locked at 30fps.

God of War Collection fixes all of that. 60fps, all the time.

Parts

Digital-Hero said:
God of War Collection fixes all of that. 60fps, all the time.
It's nowhere near as pretty as God of War 3 though. The stuff being done under the hood there is making the PS3 sweat, and so to expect a consistant 60fps while all that's going on? Can't see that happening.

Firewire

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Yeah, I don't want to get too excited about it. But the trailer on that disc is around 30 seconds longer than any trailer we've seen so far.

Do we know if its actually new or something that we've seen earlier that's maybe slightly longer.

Personally with the lack of anything newsworthy from PD in the last while, I don't have my hopes up.

Firewire said:
Do we know if its actually new or something that we've seen earlier that's maybe slightly longer.

I'm just calling it new because it's 30 seconds longer. It obviously could be an extended trailer, similar to the AGS trailer. But even that would be cool as most of the stuff in that trailer was new.

Firewire

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
I'm just calling it new because it's 30 seconds longer. It obviously could be an extended trailer, similar to the AGS trailer. But even that would be cool as most of the stuff in that trailer was new.

True, I'm actually hoping that after GOW3 & FFXIII, PD/Sony starts talking GT5 again.

Anyways back to GOW3, didn't they say that the game pretty much ran 60fps but only dipped when the action got intense with many enemies on screen?

30fps LOCKED is perfectly fine for a highly cinematic game not focused on extreme combos. The demo's variable framerate probably averaged well over 30fps, but I need it locked down, the jerkiness drove me insane.

Firewire said:
True, I'm actually hoping that after GOW3 & FFXIII, PD/Sony starts talking GT5 again.

That's what i'm hoping for. Sony's pretty much gone silent on everything they're working on outside of Heavy Rain and GoW3.

Firewire said:
Anyways back to GOW3, didn't they say that the game pretty much ran 60fps but only dipped when the action got intense with many enemies on screen?

Back when they talked about the framerate, which was early 09, they said that it would run at 60fps but dip during heavy action.

Cruzader

Banned
Firewire said:

Rumor is that Killzone 3 news end of March after GOW3 releases. I think that and GT5 might be the next games to be talked about on the coming months with Arc and Agent.

KingDizzi

Banned
Cruzader said:
Rumor is that Killzone 3 news end of March after GOW3 releases. I think that and GT5 might be the next games to be talked about on the coming months with Arc and Agent.

Mandatory Insomniac game as well, PS3's actually pretty stacked for holiday 2010 when you think about it carefully. Surely some titles are to be announced for release this year, as I said the yearly Insomniac game, GT5 is looking to be no sooner than September, maybe Killzone 3, Evolution Studios released MS:pR 2 years ago.

A lot of speculation with a hint of common sense to back it up. If R* are giving Agent the full monty then Sony will push that game really hard as well. Back to GOW III, the first two were GOW games were ok so hopefully this one really pushes it up another notch.

Facism

Insane Metal said:
Can't wait for TTP's impression

Let the hype engulf you
:D

What, best game ever and then 2 months down the line wasn't that good, could of done better myself etc? Cos that's how it usually goes with ttp :lol

<3

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Facism said:
What, best game ever and then 2 months down the line wasn't that good, could of done better myself etc? Cos that's how it usually goes with ttp :lol

<3

:lol Well, I didn't change my mind about the SP but MP turned into clusterfuck galore. :p

j-wood

Does anyone know/heard about how long GoW3 is?

I'm in a pickle. Gamestop dropped a bomb on me today when that 50% extra trade in value. On top of $40 off FF13 or GOW3 when you trade in 2 games.

So bioshock 2 is definitely getting traded in the next coming weeks (hopefully it's value doesn't drop too much before I'm done with it.)

But idk whether to get FF13 or GoW 3....

j-wood said:
GoW3 is being released two weeks after FF13, which is being released two weeks after Heavy Rain which is releasing tomorrow >.>

Buy FF13, finish it in a week, trade it in for GoW3

j-wood

RustyNails said:
GoW3 is being released two weeks after FF13, which is being released two weeks after Heavy Rain which is releasing tomorrow >.>

Buy FF13, finish it in a week, trade it in for GoW3

There is no way I could beat it in a week. lol

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
any word on when the embargo is lifted?

I'm looking at you guys who got your review copy today, ( past few days )

Denzar

j-wood said:
Does anyone know/heard about how long GoW3 is?

I'm in a pickle. Gamestop dropped a bomb on me today when that 50% extra trade in value. On top of $40 off FF13 or GOW3 when you trade in 2 games.

So bioshock 2 is definitely getting traded in the next coming weeks (hopefully it's value doesn't drop too much before I'm done with it.)

The french PSM3 (with the 20/20 review) mentioned 12 hours.

Saumpson

Neo Member
I am pumped for God of War 3. I am excited to hear how it will sound in true surround finally. I suppose when I play through the first 2 on ps3 i will see it then.

j-wood said:
There is no way I could beat it in a week. lol
Well, FF13 is coming out on 3rd March, and GOW3 is dropping on 16th. That gives you almost two weeks :D How you slice up 50 hours in 13 days is up to you. I'll certainly try to do that, and fail.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Hmmm, I'm wrapping up a replay of all three GoW games right now.
I bought and beat the first one not long after it came out years ago, but wasn't too impressed and eventually sold it.
About 9 months ago, I decided to give the franchise another shot, re-bought the original, and also picked up GoW II and CoO, both of which I had skipped. II was such a huge improvement. Despite having played through all three in a marathon last year, picking up the recent Collection for the PS3 sparked another play through (now with trophies). With I and CoO replays both behind me, I find myself almost done with my replay of II, and once again, I can't help but think that II is such a leap over I.

If III can be even half the leap over II that II was over I, it should be relatively good times!

JDS 1977

Banned
When people complain about frame rate are they referring to tearing? That's the only thing I seem to notice in most games these days. Am I missing something or is it types of games I'm not playing that have it worse?

Suzzopher

Mejilan said:
I find myself almost done with my replay of II, and once again, I can't help but think that II is such a leap over I.

I was saying this to someone recently during my playthrough of GOW Collection. GoW II feels like a generation ahead of the original.

So yeah, been playing GoW1 in GoW collection ....ugh, hard to go back to after Dante's Inferno.
Played some E3 '09 GoW demo ....Don't know how I feel honestly =/

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
AgentOtaku said:
So yeah, been playing GoW1 in GoW collection ....ugh, hard to go back to after Dante's Inferno.

Well, wait until the game comes out, and see how different it looks/feels to the demo. Maybe Dante's Inferno is just more for you.

Keep in mind that GoW1 is very different from GoWII from pacing, and approach to puzzles/platforming. I assume that GoWIII will also be different, but be closer to what GoWII did than GoWI.

Skilletor

AgentOtaku said:

I'm playing GoW1 now and not really enjoying it. I doubt I'll finish before skipping on to part 2.

GuardianE said:
Well, wait until the game comes out, and see how different it looks/feels to the demo. Maybe Dante's Inferno is just more for you.

Keep in mind that GoW1 is very different from GoWII from pacing, and approach to puzzles/platforming. I assume that GoWIII will also be different, but be closer to what GoWII did than GoWI.

Yeah, I've beaten GoW1 already but I wanted to go back ...and I'm thinking I'm just gonna skip ahead to GoW2

And the you know the freaking scary part? It's like a game of leapfrog to the Sony developers. "No I surpassed YOUR game." "Whoa, not so fast, I surpassed you." "Ha I surpasseed both of you!"

And their sharing technology....fuck KZ3 and UC3 are gonna knock our fucking socks off.

gillFTR

Skilletor said:
I'm playing GoW1 now and not really enjoying it. I doubt I'll finish before skipping on to part 2.

I played the GoW series the first time back in december, I bought the collection. I battled through GoW1, honestly I didn't think the game aged well. GoW2 was another story... man was that game fucking brilliant. I know after I finished both games I felt that I could of skipped the first game personally.

Salz01

TacticalFox88 said:
And the you know the freaking scary part? It's like a game of leapfrog to the Sony developers. "No I surpassed YOUR game." "Whoa, not so fast, I surpassed you." "Ha I surpasseed both of you!"

And their sharing technology....fuck KZ3 and UC3 are gonna knock our fucking socks off.

I hope so...

rhino4evr

Mejilan said:
Hmmm, I'm wrapping up a replay of all three GoW games right now.
I bought and beat the first one not long after it came out years ago, but wasn't too impressed and eventually sold it.
About 9 months ago, I decided to give the franchise another shot, re-bought the original, and also picked up GoW II and CoO, both of which I had skipped. II was such a huge improvement. Despite having played through all three in a marathon last year, picking up the recent Collection for the PS3 sparked another play through (now with trophies). With I and CoO replays both behind me, I find myself almost done with my replay of II, and once again, I can't help but think that II is such a leap over I.

If III can be even half the leap over II that II was over I, it should be relatively good times!

the only thing I like better in GoW1 is the story, it was a lot more personal...pretty much everything else in GoW II blows the original out of the water though. Never played it on PSP

rhino4evr said:
the only thing I like better in GoW1 is the story, it was a lot more personal...pretty much everything else in GoW II blows the original out of the water though. Never played it on PSP

I agree that the story in GOW 1 is more personal. GOW 2 is more of REVENGE REVENGE REVENGE, which isn't bad but I liked personal a bit more.

Top Bottom