• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War 3 Has Gone Gold - Lots of Reviews Out Already

SolidSnakex said:
2qn42t1.jpg

The "resolution" info on the back of PS3 boxes is so useless to me. I just want to know if a game will support 1080p output. Is it really that hard? God of War III does, but it is not listed as such, and plenty of other games are guilty too. I shouldn't have to wait until I put the disc in the machine to find out what resolution the output will be. Useless.

Cruzader said:
Guys are the Ultimate Editions(UE) selling out in the US??? Or is it only OOS on Amazon??? I have it preordered(both just incase I dont want to spend $100) so I was just curious since some ppls are saying some are selling them for $200+ online elsewhere? Does that mean the Ultimate edition could become rare or no?

BTW, Im still wondering if the UE is worth it. Anyone know if the EU Documentary is a disk or downloadable PSN video??? Only thing worth it for me is the video(only if its a disk) and the extra arena with 7 extra challenges.

Any Limited Edition that is actually a Limited Edition is going to sell out. Of course many times you have developers claiming that they're making LE's and then months after the release they're still on the shelves.

Raist

Banned
Combichristoffersen said:
True :lol Obviously there are people in those countries that are just as good at English as someone from other parts of Europe, but going by the observations I've made going by by the Internet, TV etc., it seems people from Scandinavia, the Benelux area etc. are generally better at/more comfortable with talking, and reading, English than, say, the average Frenchman, for some reason (more exposition to the English language, maybe?).

The fact that Dutch is "similar" to English (at least, there's a lot of common roots) might also be part of the reason.

Wthermans

Banned
Cruzader said:
Guys are the Ultimate Editions(UE) selling out in the US??? Or is it only OOS on Amazon??? I have it preordered(both just incase I dont want to spend $100) so I was just curious since some ppls are saying some are selling them for $200+ online elsewhere? Does that mean the Ultimate edition could become rare or no?

BTW, Im still wondering if the UE is worth it. Anyone know if the EU Documentary is a disk or downloadable PSN video??? Only thing worth it for me is the video(only if its a disk) and the extra arena with 7 extra challenges.
Gamestop stopped taking Pre-Orders for it. I was too late and I'm hoping I can snag one for retail either through CL, Ebay or by calling all the Game Stops/Game Crazy's in my area. :eek:

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Raist said:
The fact that Dutch is "similar" to English (at least, there's a lot of common roots) might also be part of the reason.

That is true. Quite a few western European languages (Dutch, English, Danish, German, Norwegian, Swedish etc.) are related to each other.

Lord Error said:
Not really. 1080p upscaling the way PS3 does it is a waste of effort anyways. You always get better looking picture just leaving your TV to upscale from 720p.
With 1080i support they have oldest HDTVs covered so it's good that they have that in there.
so disable 1080i on the ps3 for this game?

Mad_Ban

Wax Free Vanilla said:
According to disc properties:

Uncharted 2 - 18.6 GB

Uncharted 1 - 21.1 GB

Killzone 2 - 12.3 GB
Are those figures purely for game data? If they had 7ish GB to spare for Uncharted 2, the least they could have done was make the bonus vids HD (like U1).

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Wax Free Vanilla said:

Uncharted 2 - 18.6 GB

Uncharted 1 - 21.1 GB

Killzone 2 - 12.3 GB

Huh, Uncharted 2 takes less space than Uncharted 1? Wow. Despite Uncharted 2 looking 2x much better than Uncharted 1 and Uncharted 2 having a larger amount of background variety (and sparser view of maps because of being on top of buildings and stuff).

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
ULTROS! said:
Huh, Uncharted 2 takes less space than Uncharted 1? Wow. Despite Uncharted 2 looking 2x much better than Uncharted 1 and Uncharted 2 having a larger amount of background variety (and sparser view of maps because of being on top of buildings and stuff).
Uncharted 2's cutscenes are much more compressed than in the first.

jett

D-Member
Wax Free Vanilla said:

Uncharted 2 - 18.6 GB

Uncharted 1 - 21.1 GB

Killzone 2 - 12.3 GB

That's weird. They had 6 gigs to spare in U2? Could've increased the bitrate of the videos...

RoboPlato said:
Uncharted 2's cutscenes are much more compressed than in the first.

yep , i wish there tech would allow them to use dual layer blu ray. Some of the movies in uncharted 2 suffer because of this . Hope this does not happen in GOW3.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I didn't want the ultimate edition at first, but now I'm like why the fuck not. It's god of fucking war.

edit: :lol

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Fuck you, OP! Now you're going to make me want to go out and buy a PS3!

I even had this game on pre-order for almost two years!!! Ex-girlfriend took her PS3 and I cancelled pre-order. Thing is, tonight I am going out with friend for his birthday and all together will be spending probably around $100-200. Can't be selfish though. Still, I would love to re-purchase PS3 just for GoW3 and Uncharted 2. Not to mention I still have TONS of PS3 games and Blu-ray movies I can't use currently.

diddlyD

Banned
Always-honest said:
so disable 1080i on the ps3 for this game?

the game will negotiate its default resolution first, so if you have both 1080i and 720p enabled, it will use 720p. 1080i would only be used for those older tv sets that don't support 720p.

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
Wax Free Vanilla said:

Uncharted 2 - 18.6 GB

Uncharted 1 - 21.1 GB

Killzone 2 - 12.3 GB
u2 disc usage is lower probably becuz nd wanted better seek times out of blu ray drives. yes i just pulled this out of my ass:lol

Wax Free Vanilla said:

Uncharted 2 - 18.6 GB

Uncharted 1 - 21.1 GB

Killzone 2 - 12.3 GB

Interesting. GG better bring the awesome for KZ3. A few more high quality cutscenes wouldn't go amiss. Oh, and more music (especially for the menus).

IAMBEEFLESS said:
Any news about how many pre-orders the game has? I preordered the collectors edition the day it was announced.
2 months ago, the preorder number was around 300K or little below. I forgot where I read that. This is before GTTV's new trailer mind you.
UltimaKilo said:
Japanese people speak...Japanese... ;)

Kanji is a writing system adopted from Chinese.
Gotcha.

So there is no way you can "speak" kanji? I'm sorry for being total noob, but me no understand how you can't speak whats written.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
RustyNails said:
2 months ago, the preorder number was around 300K or little below. I forgot where I read that. This is before GTTV's new trailer mind you.

Gotcha.

So there is no way you can "speak" kanji? I'm sorry for being total noob, but me no understand how you can't speak whats written.

Well you pronounce the kanji in Japanese. You obviously read the kanji, and it has a sound to it. Japanese and Chinese share some of the same Kanji symbols, and they pronounce them completely different. Think of kanji as an alphabet, you speak english, you don't speak an alphabet. Get my analogy?

And on topic, God of War would be insanely over the top in Japanese. Would be awsome. :lol

UltimaKilo said:
Well you pronounce the kanji in Japanese. You obviously read the kanji, and it has a sound to it. Japanese and Chinese share some of the same Kanji symbols, and they pronounce them completely different. Think of kanji as an alphabet, you speak english, you don't speak an alphabet. Get my analogy?
Got it. Thanks!
And on topic, God of War would be insanely over the top in Japanese. Would be awsome. :lol
Actually a quick youtube search shows that it sounds really good :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2rqOWrqDxk&feature=related

harSon

Banned
I haven't played God of War since it came out and I've yet to play God of War II, I'll be picking up the God of War Collection after I finish Metal Gear Solid 5.

I probably won't pick up God of War 3 until I come across a good deal or it drops in price a bit, cheap gaming is far to addicting! :p

sam27368

Banned
Well I think it's safe to say that after reading the reviews, seeing that it has 3 hours of making of documentaries (is what I'm guessing from the previous poster) and previous experiences the hype meter for me is THROUGH THE GODDAMN ROOF

Mooreberg

I am playing Chains of Olympus right now (perpetually behind on PSP games) and the scale for it is pretty amazing for a handheld title. Really cannot wait to see what God of War 3 does with the PS3. I can understand the point made about it being more of the same in the 9/10 review but this is one of those franchises where what they have already works so damn well I am glad nothing drastic was changed just for the sake of innovation. This is my favorite franchise that has been introduced since 2005.

netguy503

Cruzader said:

Downloadable PSN video. Everything but the artbook is a digital download. Kinda sucks. :(

Just bought a PS3 slim for this game. Has anyone ever pre-ordered through Newegg? How fast is their shipping? I think I screwed myself by going through them (though it was $56 and free shipping) and may have to wait an extra day or two to get it through the mail.

Dr. Acid Avatar said:
Just bought a PS3 slim for this game. Has anyone ever pre-ordered through Newegg? How fast is their shipping? I think I screwed myself by going through them (though it was $56 and free shipping) and may have to wait an extra day or two to get it through the mail.

The latest you should get it is a day or two after. But it's possible that you'll get it on the day of its release or maybe even before that depending on when they get the game. They'll pretty much ship it out whenever they get it.

Cruzader

Banned
netguy503 said:
Downloadable PSN video. Everything but the artbook is a digital download. Kinda sucks. :(
Are you sure? That makes the whole package less interesting. Only the thin going on for me is the Arena DLC. I can live without all the other crap but now Im wondering, will it be rare? (Hearing ppls cant find the UE to preorder)

Honestly, Id rather spend the extra $40 on Yakuza 3 or BC2 or something.

Top Bottom