• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gold Saucer opens in Final Fantasy XIV: Chocobo Racing, Triple Triad, & more.

Damn now the hard decision of whether I should resub now or wait until after I am back from PAX.

I...I don't think I can hold off on it though. I haven't went this long without playing since I started.

I just took a quick peak before my daily chores and holy... I'm not even nostalgic for FF7 as I barely remember playing it years ago but that Gold Saucer... Square Enix outdid themselves here, I'm grinning and smiling all over the place :D Next to PSO2 FF14 is the only MMO that did something to me, I just feel at home in this game!

Usobuko

Banned
Is the community still going strong? What's the outlook for the next 3 months?

I want to get into a new MMO but I will only start to have 'free time' in June.

I can only speak for my server, Ragnarok, I never had the feel that the community there was ever dropping. It may not have the highest amount of players ever in a MMO but there are always quite a share of people for anything you might want to do and I don't see that changing for the next three months. Especially since the first expansion pack will come out soon too! :D

Moaradin

I don't know if they ever put out any official numbers but it seems very active. Ultros (GAF server) is packed right now. The game has a very healthy content cycle that keeps players playing, and it does help that it has PS3/PS4/PC cross-play.

This game is so good. I bought it on sale and was playing it every night until i started going through old MGS games and got hooked on CS:Go again. Going to have to get back into it.

Quick question, in the sign of the Gold Saucer I would like to have it on my Vita with Remote Play, how would I go about getting the PS4 version without making a new account but rather use my existing one? :eek:

Ken

Quick question, in the sign of the Gold Saucer I would like to have it on my Vita with Remote Play, how would I go about getting the PS4 version without making a new account but rather use my existing one? :eek:

When you buy and install PS4 copy you get an opportunity to attach it to your existing service account.

When you buy and install PS4 copy you get an opportunity to attach it to your existing service account.

Hmm alright, I currently have it on PC so I could buy a PS3 copy for 10€ and then do the PS3 to PS4 upgrade offer right? Though wouldn't that waste the 30 free days of the PS3 version, or will these be simply added to my account?

Welcome, boys and girls. Welcome!

th

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I want to resub now @@

This has turn the heat to an amazingly varied and worthwhile game to experience regardless of the monthly fee.

Hmm alright, I currently have it on PC so I could buy a PS3 copy for 10€ and then do the PS3 to PS4 upgrade offer right? Though wouldn't that waste the 30 free days of the PS3 version, or will these be simply added to my account?

You need a PS3 to activate that, but yeah I did it like last week, I bought a copy on amazon for I think it was 4euros and 5euros of shipping, activated on my PS3, then converted to PS4(need to do it before the end of march though) and got a free month from it on my account so it basically paid for itself, in fact cheaper than an actual month of subbing.

Hedrush

I've not played this for a good few months. Think this might be as good a time as any to get back in amongst it. I guess I've been removed from the GAF Free Company. How would I go about getting back in if that's the case?

You need a PS3 to activate that, but yeah I did it like last week, I bought a copy on amazon for I think it was 4euros and 5euros of shipping, activated on my PS3, then converted to PS4(need to do it before the end of march though) and got a free month from it on my account so it basically paid for itself, in fact cheaper than an actual month of subbing.

I see, thanks for the explanation that's really awesome value right there with the month getting added, I have no qualms about doing that! :D One question though, since you said I need a PS3 to do that, I do have one but do I actually have to download the patches on the PS3 then or does it suffice if I insert the disc and start it once? Just asking since my PS3 downloads slow :p

I see, thanks for the explanation that's really awesome value right there with the month getting added, I have no qualms about doing that! :D One question though, since you said I need a PS3 to do that, I do have one but do I actually have to download the patches on the PS3 then or does it suffice if I insert the disc and start it once? Just asking since my PS3 downloads slow :p

You need to install the game on the hard drive which takes a while, iirc, but you don't have to actually patch no. You install, then it asks you to create an account or link to an existing account when you first launch, you link to your main account(same login/pass you use to log on PC) and after that it starts downloading, you can just turn it off, go to mogstation with any browser, there's an option to upgrade to PS4 that pops once you linked your PS3 game to your account, they give you another code, then you go to the store on your PS4 and enter the code there and it adds the game to your PS4, at which point you'll have to download the patches obviously to play on PS4.

Kouriozan

Did the Dance GATE, hard to see the dancer as there is TOO MUCH PEOPLE, but I got 12/16 and it gave me nearly 500 GSP.
I'm on Phoenix, re-rolled 2 weeks ago and it was/still is pretty packed.

You need to install the game on the hard drive which takes a while, iirc, but you don't have to actually patch no. You install, then it asks you to create an account or link to an existing account when you first launch, you link to your main account(same login/pass you use to log on PC) and after that it starts downloading, you can just turn it off, go to mogstation with any browser, there's an option to upgrade to PS4 that pops once you linked your PS3 game to your account, they give you another code, then you go to the store on your PS4 and enter the code there and it adds the game to your PS4, at which point you'll have to download the patches obviously to play on PS4.

Alright thanks for the detailed steps, that sounds easy enough :) Now to see if my local store has a PS3 copy for 10€ :p

empyrean

Just downloaded the Ps4 free trial, 11gigs which takes a little while on my 18mb connection....boot the game up...checking loader version....downloading new loader version...done....'processing game for initial setup' (or words to those effects) which gave no timer but went relatively slow, over an hour....98%....99%....100%, excellent after quite a few hours I'm ready.....'Downloading ffxiv', wait what? i thought the 11gigs was downloading this f**king game. Ive now got 6 more gigs to download with another approximate 84minutes remaining, geez.

By the by, those of you interested in Triple Triad...

In addition to the rules that were in Final Fantasy VIII, the Final Fantasy XIV team has developed new rules such as:

Order: A rule wherein you are required to play each card in the order that it appears in your deck.
Chaos: A rule wherein the card you play each turn is selected at random from your deck.
Reverse: A rule wherein the conditions for capturing cards are switched so that smaller numbers are more powerful than larger numbers.
Fallen Ace: A rule wherein the all-powerful "A" becomes susceptible to capture by the lowly "1." If the Reverse rule is also in play, a "1" will then become vulnerable to capture by an "A."
Ascension: A rule that affects cards that are grouped into a specific type, such as "Primal" or "Beastman." When placed on the playing grid, the number values on these cards are increased by one for every card of that type that is in play. Numbers that are increased to "11" or more are considered to be of "A" rank.
Descension: A rule that affects cards that are grouped into a specific type, such as "Primal" or "Beastman." When placed on the playing grid, the number values on these cards are decreased by one for every card of that type that is in play. Any number that is decreased to "0" or less is treated as a "1."
Swap: A rule wherein one card from your deck is switched with one of your opponent's before the match begins. The cards to be swapped are chosen at random, and are returned to their original owners at the end of the game.
Roulette: When the "Roulette" rule is in effect, the advanced rules for the match will be chosen at random.

Seems like a lot of nice rules to mix things ups.
How many rules can be stacked on ?

Edit : i see it's 4 at max depending on region and npcs...

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Can't stop feeling that it's too late to start now! Just like every other MMOROG, it feels like it'll take ages to catch up. How "many hours" in is the Gold Saucer content?

With the amount of hours you put into games? Yeah, you'll be just fine.

fuck saving the world, time to play some cards

Yoshi you can get to level 15 in a few hours if you know what you're doing. maybe a day or two for a new player trying different things out.

Mihos

Gold Member
I have the collectors edition of FF14 and have not started it yet. I will probably spin it up next weekend since I have the house to myself. Now I am hyped again.

nictron

I am really interested in playing this as a FF 1-9 fan, but I can never make it past level 25 in an MMO without getting bored. Do you have to be high level to participate in the Gold Saucer? Help sell me on this with nostalgia.

I am really interested in playing this as a FF 1-9 fan, but I can never make it past level 25 in an MMO without getting bored. Do you have to be high level to participate in the Gold Saucer? Help sell me on this with nostalgia.

From what someone said earlier you just need to have access to the Airships which happens around level 15 if I remember right. Doesn't take too long just following the quest story

Top Bottom