• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gold + Silver PS4 Slims Announced - "Days of Play" Sales Event Incoming (Jun 9 to 17)

Whoyouare

I bought prey and the last guardian. I just can't bring myself to buy horizon for some reason. I bought into the hype for Nier and just couldn't get into it. Probably has to do with that

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I bought prey and the last guardian. I just can't bring myself to buy horizon for some reason. I bought into the hype for Nier and just couldn't get into it. Probably has to do with that

I can't believe you're worried about hype overshadowing your experience and then buy TLG :-/ To each their own I guess. Horizon is a fantastic game.

I wonder when Sony is going to release a good LE PS4 that doesn't just look like a decal or a recolor.

With the Vita, PSP, and PS3 they had so many.

Lost my previous PS4 a while back and have been itching to get back in but don't have a TV right now (next couple of weeks will fix that hopefully) but I'm torn between this deal or splurging and getting the pro. I'm.looking into the TCL everyone is talking about in the TV thread, which is 4K, but if I don't get that I'm not positive I'd spring for 4K.

Should I just get the Pro and wait a bit longer for the TV and enjoy that 4K goodness or jump on this deal while it's cheap? I value graphics but it's not a Huge deal considering how much I enjoyed the regular PS4 on an HDTV a while back

Slim only? I've held out on the Pro to go with the Scorpio. Figured my regular ass PS4 would be fine enough just for exclusives like Persona 5 etc. It's stupid, but a silver Pro would make me want one kind of more for pointless reasons. Oh well, on with the original plan and saving some money.

Cindro

So did the silver slim end up being a European exclusive? I tried checking online earlier at a few outlets, but all I saw was the gold (which I find to be gaudy and putrid). I've never owned a Sony system before, and this seems like an amazing deal, but if the silver console isn't available in the US, I'll probably just hold out for Black Friday or something.

Xbudz

For the love of all games, don't let Nier keep you away from Horizon.

Horizon is one of the best reasons to own a PS4.

Here's how the silver one looks outside the box.

18953532_1896501233697229_908134672236745942_o.jpg

So are there any extra discounts if you have Plus? I am thinking of subbing again, but a decent discount would probably push me over the edge...

Edit: I mean for big Days of Play stuff, like FF XV and Uncharted 4.

So has the Silver been confirmed for NA? I didn't see it in the OP (haven't read the whole thread).

So did the silver slim end up being a European exclusive? I tried checking online earlier at a few outlets, but all I saw was the gold (which I find to be gaudy and putrid). I've never owned a Sony system before, and this seems like an amazing deal, but if the silver console isn't available in the US, I'll probably just hold out for Black Friday or something.

I can confirm that it's available in Asia region. But I don't know about other region, sorry.

So has the Silver been confirmed for NA? I didn't see it in the OP (haven't read the whole thread).

I've contacted both Amazon and Best Buy who say there is no SKU for NA Silver PS4 Slim at this time ;(

As I have been going through some websites to import the silver PS4, it seems it's only available with 500gb. Anyone know if they have the 1TB in silver like the gold?

Its nice that they released the dual shock in both colors. I have to admit I liked the silver controller better, but I'm not about to bother with importing, and I'm not going to buy another one just for the color. I came for the deal, and liked the color.

For the question above, I read that Asia was only getting 500gb, if you are trying to import from Euro/UK and its the same then I doubt there is another region where it is getting the 1TB hard drive.

Eusis

Fucking hell, I saw the "until the 17th" and thought I'd be good for digital, but didn't check before I decided to be risky and grab a card and redeem it only to find out the sale already ended on Horizon.

Picked up Horizon yesterday. Going to start playing it as soon as I finish Nioh.

Fucking hell, I saw the "until the 17th" and thought I'd be good for digital, but didn't check before I decided to be risky and grab a card and redeem it only to find out the sale already ended on Horizon.

I don't think it was ever for digital? Pretty sure it's physical only. And the sale is still good just so you know.

EDIT: Oh, apparently they were also doing the sales digitally? But only one day at a time? idk

Is the Gold Ps4 still out there for 250$???

Im considering getting one tomorrow but i might go out tonight if i have to... anyone know if this ends soon or what?

Eusis

EDIT: Oh, apparently they were also doing the sales digitally? But only one day at a time? idk
In NA at least they put them all on sale at the same time, but retail gets an extra day. I'm just angry I didn't pay more attention before this shit (although I recall looking SPECIFICALLY at the store page on my phone to see if they listed an end date and it didn't list one.) Should've just gone with the "ends the 16th" memory, but even then it ended at 8 AM, not like 17th at 8 AM. Same shit Valve and likely others have done.

Guess I'll just have to hope that either it goes back on sale sooner than later (and better yet CHEAPER) or I find some other way to use the credit I really want to and isn't just burning it for the sake of burning it, but this kind of inconsistency is really frustrating and it's doubly frustrating when you're usually more careful about this shit but slip up this time. Although why WASN'T this bundled with the E3 sale anyway?

CatPee

Is the Gold Ps4 still out there for 250$???

Im considering getting one tomorrow but i might go out tonight if i have to... anyone know if this ends soon or what?

The $250 price ends tomorrow, to my understanding. Retail stores should have some still. They're selling pretty quick though, from what I can see.

Bestbuy.com still has some in stock for order, so you can probably do in store pickup the same day if your local one has it in stock. Or just get it shipped.

The $250 price ends tomorrow, to my understanding. Retail stores should have some still. They're selling pretty quick though, from what I can see.

Bestbuy.com still has some in stock for order, so you can probably do in store pickup the same day if your local one has it in stock. Or just get it shipped.
Damn it ends today? Or tomorrow? I wanted to get it Saturday the 17th

Shin

Banned
Preferably European if I can
edit: PS4 is region free right? All I need to do is get a power adaptor and canged the system to English (american) right?

The sale is over, prices are back to normal you'll be closer to $400 if you import it.
In that sense you'd be better off buying one in the US or wherever you live or a PS4Pro.
I checked Play-Asia, Dutch retailers and ShopTo (UK).

The sale is over, prices are back to normal you'll be closer to $400 if you import it.
In that sense you'd be better off buying one in the US or wherever you live or a PS4Pro.

Thanks! Is there any word on silver coming to the US soon?

I'll hold off. My launch unit should last. Maybe if I open it up and replace the thermal paste is will be fine.

I cleaned it with a can of air, it's dust free. But the fan goes CRAZY loud, especially on graphic intensive games and menus.

Shin

Banned
Thanks! Is there any word on silver coming to the US soon?

I'll hold off. My launch unit should last. Maybe if I open it up and replace the thermal paste is will be fine.

I cleaned it with a can of air, it's dust free. But the fan goes CRAZY loud, especially on graphic intensive games and menus.

Only a rumor and I wouldn't trust said site (WCCFTech), maybe summer sale down the road I honestly can't say as to why the US only got the Gold model and not the Silver one (Sony keeps doing dumb shit as usual).
You could also check on Ebay for a fan replacement shouldn't cost much.

Also IMO PS4 Slim in general is the best looking console from Sony and the mini PSOne.

Only a rumor and I wouldn't trust said site (WCCFTech), maybe summer sale down the road I honestly can't say as to why the US only got the Gold model and not the Silver one (Sony keeps doing dumb shit as usual).
You could also check on Ebay for a fan replacement shouldn't cost much.

Also IMO PS4 Slim in general is the best looking console from Sony and the mini PSOne.

The silver PS4 slims reminds me of the slim PS2, lol. Either way, I am not in dire need of one and can just wait it off! Thanks : )

Top Bottom