• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gold + Silver PS4 Slims Announced - "Days of Play" Sales Event Incoming (Jun 9 to 17)

Use the sort option and sort from A-Z more titles pop up. I won't do prices since I'm in Canada and it may be confusing.

Horizon -34% Digital Deluxe - 29%
Call of Duty Infinite Warfare - 34%
Battlefield 1- 50%
Final Fantasy XV -40% (playstation plus deal)
Mass Effect Andromeda - 50%
Last Guardian - 34%
MLB The Show 17 - 34%
Nioh - 34%
Prey - 34%
Yooka Laylee - 25%
Watchdogs 2 - 55% Gold edition - 50%
Yakuza 0 - 20%
Uncharted 4 - 50%

thanks!...

um, not much of a sale (so far, anyway)...

Cornbread78

Use the sort option and sort from A-Z more titles pop up. I won't do prices since I'm in Canada and it may be confusing.

Horizon -34% Digital Deluxe - 29%
Call of Duty Infinite Warfare - 34%
Battlefield 1- 50%
Final Fantasy XV -40% (playstation plus deal)
Mass Effect Andromeda - 50%
Last Guardian - 34%
MLB The Show 17 - 34%
Nioh - 34%
Prey - 34%
Yooka Laylee - 25%
Watchdogs 2 - 55% Gold edition - 50%
Yakuza 0 - 20%
Uncharted 4 - 50%

LOL, yup, that worked.

DieH@rd

Banned
Are you sure you're using the specific Days of play page? The regular one is not available during the sale.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...play/cid=IP9102-NPIA90006_01-PSPLUSSUBS12MDOP

I just tried it using your link.
iGhqhPU.jpg

It's probably worth noting that I have an active sub, but it will run out in a month.

kc44135

Good timing on this sale. My launch DS4's sticks are finally starting to peel and at this point I'm fine getting a new one instead of messing around with replacement sticks.

Is this only for Best Buy, Target, and I guess Sony's store? Would love to use some of this gamestop credit.

I'm not sure if GameStop is getting these sales, but it will have "PRO Day" tomorrow. If you're a Power up PRO rewards member, there will be a ton of stuff on sale. Tomorrow only, though.

I didn't really need it, and I think I probabky like silver better. BUT, my "local" (50 miles out) Fry's has a $50 gift certificate with purchase that led to me ordering one to pick up as a second room/backup to my launch console that has treated me well. Wish there was a pro version to make me feel completely justified in my purchase, but I still feel good about it.

Won't have it until late this evening, but I can post pictures tomorrow if anyone wants to see something they haven't already earlier in this thread.

Just got back from Best Buy. Prices in the store aren't in the system yet, but if you tell them that on their website it's lower, they will adjust it accordingly. GCU was applied too

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
WEird, Wario was posting links on Twitter.

Yakuza 0 or Horizon, gaf? I need help!

IP73r.gif

Seriously, they're both AAA quality games, you won't be wrong just tossing a coin and deciding if you can only get one right now. If you have a PS4 Pro, Horizon is better as a pure technological showpiece title.
If you've played previous Yakuza games and were a fan, 0 is a no brainer, however 0 is also a great entry point for the newcomers, it's a very meaty game with great combat and excellent story.

RedAssedApe

Banned
wario64 said:

If anyone wants my Frys promo code PM me. Keep in mind its in store only. Don't blame me if you get there and there's no stock lol. I think you can probably order one online for store pickup and just have them apply the coupon when you show up though.

Charcoal

Sorry if this has been asked, but is the yearly US PS Plus cheaper anywhere else? Last time I looked on cdkeys it was $54.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
So, are there new items added every day? Text in OP makes it seem so, but cant find it in any other communication.

that's what the article in the OP seems to imply, but there's other blog posts which seem to hint that this is it .. very weird.

I guess we'll know tomorrow.

Unknown?

I didn't really need it, and I think I probabky like silver better. BUT, my "local" (50 miles out) Fry's has a $50 gift certificate with purchase that led to me ordering one to pick up as a second room/backup to my launch console that has treated me well. Wish there was a pro version to make me feel completely justified in my purchase, but I still feel good about it.

Won't have it until late this evening, but I can post pictures tomorrow if anyone wants to see something they haven't already earlier in this thread.
Wait so essentially $199?!

Sethista

I need help deciding.

Mass effect andromeda for 30 and last guardian for 26, si it worth it?

Are these deals going to be in place for 9 days, or do new ones appear tomorrow and these ones lapse? Should I wait to see if better stuff comes out?

kc44135

Huh, GTA V never went on sale on Best Buy, even though every other game listed in the OP did. Guess I'll get with PRO Day tomorrow at GameStop, and no GCU discount. :(

Is there really a reason to buy the Slim anymore unless you are budget conscious? Pro makes games look better even in sub-4k resolutions, not to mention future games will be made with the Pro in mind.

So do people reckon this is it for E3 price cuts/deals? Been eyeing up a Pro, can get a pre-owned one, trading in my OG PS4, for £165, but with the DoP Pro bundle I can trade both games in (Already have them) and the old console and get a brand new console for £195, but if the price of the Pro on its own drops to £300 or the like next week, I'm gonna be kicking myself.

Should I get there uncharted collection before 4? Was seriously looking into all of those, especially builders.

Skip all the Uncharted games, they're fucking terrible. TLOU is the best game I've played in the past 5 years though, definitely give that a go. Horizon is also very good to say the least, same with inFamous: Second Son, Ratchet and Clank.

Unknown?

Should I get there uncharted collection before 4? Was seriously looking into all of those, especially builders.
I'd recommend them just don't play them all in a row quickly or you'll get burned out as you would any series I believe.

Also look into Ratchet & Clank, WipEout Omega Collection, and NiOh.

Maybe the Crash N Sane Trillogy too if you're not against replaying old games.

Can't decide if I want to get Horizon digitally, or go to Best Buy and use my GCU discount...I kinda just wanna sit on my ass today, lol.

Lol you and me both. I placed an in-store pick-up order for Best Buy, but now I'm having second thoughts haha. I work from home and just don't feel like being bothered to go drive out there to pick up one game. Decisions decisions XD.

Boke1879

Go get Horizon at Best Buy. At least you'll get the credit.

Some of these deals do look tempting though. I'm really eyeing Watch Dogs 2. And Mass Effect, but I feel that's going to be cheaper this fall.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
So as someone that hasn't played a Baseball game in... over 20 years - is MLB worth jumping in this year? What's the Pro support like?
I'm considering it against NioH, but I'm not sure I want another Souls game right now, and I still wonder about PC port possibility.

Unknown?

So as someone that hasn't played a Baseball game in... over 20 years - is MLB worth jumping in this year? What's the Pro support like?
I'm considering it against NioH, but I'm not sure I want another Souls game right now, and I still wonder about PC port possibility.
Great Pro support and HDR. It's probably the best sport franchise out there.

Top Bottom