• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google Chrome |OT|

The best I've been able to do is use Chrome as a guest, but doing that I can't customize how I want cookies to function.

I was really irritated when I logged in to Gmail today and saw a message telling me that Chrome had been linked to my Gmail account because I logged in while using it. I never wanted any of the other Google services attached to my Gmail account, it never made much difference though, because the only other one I ever used was YouTube. I just made a new account for that at the time.

The idea that now, if I use someone else's computer to check my email, I'll have to unlink my Gmail account from Chrome is irksome. I'm looking at Vivaldi to replace Chrome, but it has issues with cookies too.

Huh? I don't think that what is happening is the same as what you think is happening. Signing into gmail on someone else's computer does not sign you into Chrome on someone else's computer. You don't have to unlink anything, just sign out of gmail on your friend's computer and you're done, just like always.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Huh? I don't think that what is happening is the same as what you think is happening. Signing into gmail on someone else's computer does not sign you into Chrome on someone else's computer. You don't have to unlink anything, just sign out of gmail on your friend's computer and you're done, just like always.
Then why did it sign me in to Chrome at all? I never signed in to Chrome, only Gmail. I don't want to sign in to Chrome in the first place, the fact that it's signing me in when I look at my email is enough.

Then why did it sign me in to Chrome at all? I never signed in to Chrome, only Gmail. I don't want to sign in to Chrome in the first place, the fact that it's signing me in when I look at my email is enough.

Without knowing exactly what happened in the form of screenshots it's hard to say. If you can reproduce it, maybe post some screenshots along the way of what you're seeing.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Bump time. This problem started happening before a drive format and is continuing.

I recently installed W10 after formatting and un-partioning the OS SSD on my 'main pc' and STILL whenever I open chrome I get my correct homepage but also get a yahoo search tab automatically opening.

I've haven't added any new extensions and I removed a few that I didn't want or need anymore.

What could be the cause of this? Malawarebytes is coming up empty. I don't run an anti-v because if their is ever trouble I just wipe the OS drive and reset. How can I fix this ti's annoying as shit but it's also making me bit wary.

Googly pls.

Bump time. This problem started happening before a drive format and is continuing.

I recently installed W10 after formatting and un-partioning the OS SSD on my 'main pc' and STILL whenever I open chrome I get my correct homepage but also get a yahoo search tab automatically opening.

I've haven't added any new extensions and I removed a few that I didn't want or need anymore.

What could be the cause of this? Malawarebytes is coming up empty. I don't run an anti-v because if their is ever trouble I just wipe the OS drive and reset. How can I fix this ti's annoying as shit but it's also making me bit wary.

Googly pls.

Go to chrome://settings/ and the second group of settings says "On startup". My guess is you have "Open a specific set of pages" checked. Click the "set pages" link there and you should be able to remove the yahoo tab.

andthebeatgoeson

I can't copy/paste in Mobile chrome. I can do it on mobile firefox or other programs. Using Lollipop on a Droid Turbo. Any ideas? When I highlight, I do not get the notification that it's been copied to the clipboard.

I can then paste it into Google Keep. And that will allow me to paste from there. But it's annoying. I've cleared the cache.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Go to chrome://settings/ and the second group of settings says "On startup". My guess is you have "Open a specific set of pages" checked. Click the "set pages" link there and you should be able to remove the yahoo tab.

Yep this did it. No idea how it go there. Must of been some program downloaded through chrome since as I said there wasn't any new extensions added on my part.

tbh Chrome has been acting real funny on W10.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Checking Chrome out, how can I make it so when I hit the new tab + it goes straight to Google, instead of this weird new page thing?

EDIT: Also, is there a way to have double click (on the tab) to reload tab? I'm so used to this I would really miss it.

Checking Chrome out, how can I make it so when I hit the new tab + it goes straight to Google, instead of this weird new page thing?

EDIT: Also, is there a way to have double click (on the tab) to reload tab? I'm so used to this I would really miss it.

The new tab page contains a google search box. Why do you need to go to www.google.com?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
OK so I have pretty much every addon I want, or an alternative except one. On Firefox I use this: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/reload-tab-on-double-click/, basically when I double click on a tab it refreshes that tab but I can't find anything on Chrome. They all seem to refresh all tabs automatically or on clicking a button which is not what I want. If anyone knows of an extension that will do what I want please let me know.

keezy

As much as it pains me to use Chrome while the log jam vulnerability/WebRTC issues persist, I'm very much enjoying it performance wise from switching over from FF.

Noticed choppiness after the latest release of FF 40. Seemed to get worse after the .2/.3 minor releases.

Think I'm going to stick with Chrome moving forward. FF plan to use that different API for their extensions as well as a multi-process application seems like it's going to be a giant bug eventually.

Coreda

It crashed before I could even scroll down.

Is that the game?

Some users experience a crash while loading but for most the tongue-in-cheek 'game' is on the page. Demo for those without Chrome:

s3FRvX3.gif

It's caused by a bug in Chrome's handling of a certain URL (which I won't post here but can found and explained on the page).

Guri

Been having a weird issue with GAF and Chrome lately. Sometimes the page loads everything, but Chrome still thinks it's loading (the loading icon keeps there instead of the favicon). I didn't mind that, but now I realise I can't click on spoiler tags to read them (have to highlight) unless I reload and it actually stops loading. Is it happening with anyone else?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Been having a weird issue with GAF and Chrome lately. Sometimes the page loads everything, but Chrome still thinks it's loading (the loading icon keeps there instead of the favicon). I didn't mind that, but now I realise I can't click on spoiler tags to read them (have to highlight) unless I reload and it actually stops loading. Is it happening with anyone else?

it's usually a rogue ad that's failed to load and blocked everything after it (including some js from gaf which handles the spoiler tags and image resizing)

I thought it was the gaf servers. It's been annoying the shit out of me.

Jay Sosa

Hi!

I just upgraded my tablet to windows 10 and now the touch keyboard doesn't pop up automatically anymore. Works fine when I'm using edge but neither with firefox, opera or chrome.

Tried this but that didn't fix it:

John Schroeder said:
I found a fix. Go to chrome://flags and change the "Enable Touch Events" setting from "Automatic" to "Enable". The current version of Chrome apparently does not detect the touch capabilities of Windows 10.

So yeah.. does anyone have any other ideas how to fix this?

UraMallas

I have been putting up with this for months and I finally decided enough is enough but I can't fix it. For some reason, I can't watch any Youtube videos on Chrome. I've unistalled and reinstalled Chrome, I've disabled and deleted all extensions. I'm pulling my hair out!

Whenever I click on a link, Chrome will direct to a Youtube page that looks like the below quoted but nothing is clickable even though it says it is. What is going on, GAF?

Anybody know something that could help me?

Have you tried other browsers? What happens if you do it from an incognito window? Also throw up a pastebin of the page you see when entering chrome://conflicts into the URL bar. It takes up more than one screen so a screenshot won't work, you need to copy/paste it into pastebin and then link the pastebin.

UraMallas

Thanks for helping, guys.

What (if any) extensions are you running? If you use uBlock or ABP, do you think you might have blocked some elements by mistake?

I turned all my extensions off but I have the following extensions on my computer. I'm currently running them because it doesn't make a difference whether on or off:

Have you tried other browsers? What happens if you do it from an incognito window? Also throw up a pastebin of the page you see when entering chrome://conflicts into the URL bar. It takes up more than one screen so a screenshot won't work, you need to copy/paste it into pastebin and then link the pastebin.

All other browsers work: Firefox, IE and Edge. When I go into incognito window it actually DOES work. I can go to YouTube in incognito. I'm not really sure what you're asking me to do with the last thing. I'm not very computer-literate.

Deques

Thanks for helping, guys.

I turned all my extensions off but I have the following extensions on my computer. I'm currently running them because it doesn't make a difference whether on or off:

All other browsers work: Firefox, IE and Edge. When I go into incognito window it actually DOES work. I can go to YouTube in incognito. I'm not really sure what you're asking me to do with the last thing. I'm not very computer-literate.

Have you tried to use a fresh profile?

UraMallas

Try going into settings > advanced settings > content settings > all cookies and site data and search for youtube, delete everything there and see if it works.

You are the fucking man. It worked.

When you said you disabled all your extensions, did you just unclick the Enable button, or did you click the trash can? Sounds like you need to use the trash can. That YouTube extension looks particularly suspicious.

I didn't try this but you're not a fan of Magic Actions for a Youtube extension? Maybe that was what caused it in the first place?

You are the fucking man. It worked.

I didn't try this but you're not a fan of Magic Actions for a Youtube extension? Maybe that was what caused it in the first place?

Well it was a problem that only happened on YouTube and you had a YouTube extension sitting there, so it just seemed suspicious. Anyway, sounds like your problem is fixed now :)

Guri

are you using an adblocker? I believe that is caused by partially blocking the page (as in blocking some elements but not all the scripts referencing them)

Huh, weird. I didn't think it was uBlock Origin because the last time I posted, I spent quite some time with it deactivated and it still happened. Now, it doesn't anymore. So I reset uBlock to its default settings, made sure GAF was whitelisted and I'll keep an eye out.

dummydecoy

Hey guys, recommend me a download manager for Chrome please, I just need something that can do multipart downloading and resume support.

I'm switching over from Firefox/Downthemall combo and found out all them Chrome copycat extensions are too janky, so just a simple multipart/resume downloader will do.

Top Bottom