• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Got bitten by a puppy. What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FStubbs

Chill out.

Unless the puppy was showing signs of infection, super aggressive, baring teeth, patches of fur missing, I wouldn't worry about it at all.

688d67a89e77f4b1119217e211bfc423.jpg

I'm not the owner of the dog that's why I said probably older in my first post. I'm actually feeling less tense now because of the thread but yes, our country is prone to rabies because there are tons of stray cats/dogs around. Just going outside our house and I can already see half a dozen cats lazing around in front of our house and they're not ours.

Probably should have put all this context in the OP

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Sigh. I don't want to get laughed and humiliated but here's the wound. Sigh. Gaf sometimes makes me believe I'm ignorant to the world. Well at least I'm not that paranoid anymore. I will still go see the vet though since it's just a few steps away.
Fx1kGDQ.jpg

I wouldn't even bother putting a band-aid on that.

OP is not this dumb. He's obviously having fun with you all. I know a lot of you millenials are ill equipped for life, but come on.

At least we got cute dog pics.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Better safe than sorry

No.
I would be at the doctor's office a minimum of twenty days a month if I had your standards for what constitutes an emergency.

Zombine

Banned
Just got licked by a dog.
I'm the owner.
The time is 6:44pm EST.
Hand is still wet.
Walking to sink.
Applying solution to area with saliva present.
Washing hands.
Hands clean.
Dried hands with paper towel.
Threw out paper towel.
Should I watch a movie or play a game?

Should I call animal control or will I survive?

Remember me when i'm gone.

It's too late for a doctor now. You should have cut off the hand or at least finger immediately. By now the infection has already spread. You need to kill the puppy before the next full moon.

akira28

I'm not the owner of the dog that's why I said probably older in my first post. I'm actually feeling less tense now because of the thread but yes, our country is prone to rabies because there are tons of stray cats/dogs around. Just going outside our house and I can already see half a dozen cats lazing around in front of our house and they're not ours.

do they let the do run free? unless the dog has been bitten, there's not much chance of it. scratches can do it, but that's rare, and unless it was recent, the dog would have shown visible signs and would be on its way to dying, not looking adorable.

Big-E

Is that a coke nail the OP has?

In China, men will usually have a long pinky not for coke, but actually to show people that they are not a farmer as you couldn't be a farmer and work a field with a super long pinky. At first I thought people were lying to me about their coke habits but I heard that from more than one source.

Bitanator

Pupper got her tooth into my skin a couple days ago and made me bleed a bit, maybe I should get rabies shots as well? She does like to eat her shit so maybe it is too late and I'm dead already
9iLv5x6.jpg
Culprit
1atLHVu.jpg

killatopak

do they let the do run free? unless the dog has been bitten, there's not much chance of it. scratches can do it, but that's rare, and unless it was recent, the dog would have shown visible signs and would be on its way to dying, not looking adorable.
Actually yes they let the puppy run free in front of the house. Just in front though and never farther. The existence of the stray cats in front of our house is what I'm worrying about. The cats are not violent and bites at anything like when a cat has rabies though so that's a small relief.

When was the last time you had a tetanus shot?

More than ten years ago.

--
I'm going to get a check-up now. If it turns out that everything is fine then at least I made everybody laugh.

OP, if you're worried just keep an eye on the puppy for ten days.

Read the article. Yes, I think I may do this instead. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom