• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Got bitten by a puppy. What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zasa

fixed img:
qMDwQev.jpg

he's adorable (also more than 2 weeks old, but still)

I got you OP, stand back...

giphy.gif

bchamba

You were only 2 weeks old. I thought I could trust you, thought you were different from the other puppies. 2 week old pupper that wounded me, this is your tape.

The fact is I don't know if it's rabies or another sickness or if the puppy is just teeting. Basically this is what I observed before I got bitten:

Muscle spasms a little while sleeping.
Curiously wanting to bite everyone.
Vomitting( I only saw this today).
She likes to sleep under couches( i don't know if this constitutes as being sensitive to light)

Lost it right here.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Thread is amazing.

McDonald's have 24 hour service but not this hospital.

Might have gotten bitten by a baby were wolf.

Crying over here.

dhlt25

You guys laugh but my uncle first wife died from rabies after bitten by a puppy. Rabies is no joke in southeast Asia. If the dog and been roaming outside at all, it's best to keep watch and take the shot it necessary.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Obviously you should kill the puppy and drink it's blood to make sure you are not corrupted by its evil nature.

I think your gonna be ok..... Don't kill the puppy

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
She likes to sleep under couches( i don't know if this constitutes as being sensitive to light)

That's a puppy.

killatopak

Update: at the hospital right now. Nurses said it was necessary to get the vaccine even from a 1 month old puppy. The wound is class 3. Class 1 is licking an open wound while class 2 is scratches. Nurse said I need to be shot 7 times today. They said it was the anti-rabies, anti-tetanus and other vaccines that have lapsed since I haven't taken for years.

I even insisted and asked about puppies not having rabies when that young. They said it was required. I don't know if our country's puppies are different but all hospitals implement this.

This is why you don't listen to arm chair PhD check-ups in gaf.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Update: at the hospital right now. Nurses said it was necessary to get the vaccine even from a 1 month old puppy. The wound is class 3. Class 1 is licking an open wound while class 2 is scratches. Nurse said I need to be shot 7 times today. They said it was the anti-rabies, anti-tetanus and other vaccines that have lapsed since I haven't taken for years.

I even insisted and asked about puppies not having rabies when that young. They said it was required. I don't know if our country's puppies are different but all hospitals implement this.

50-cent-five-shots.jpg

guek

Banned
Put some ointment on it

We don't live in the Dark Ages

1) The odds that a puppy contracted rabies in its month in the world are very low.

2) The odds that someone is giving away puppies that are infected with rabies is also very low.
I'm taking about bacterial infections. This shit is my job. Any animal bite that punctures skin is at an increased risk of infection.

The law where you live likely states that any bite from an animal without a vaccination history requires rabies shots if they come into the hospital. All you needed was a tetanus shot and a follow up if there are signs for infection. You should be able to refuse the rabies shots.

Nester99

What country?
Did you have to turn your head and cough as well?

Have we been shown a picture of the wound yet?

Izuna

Banned

class 3

What kind of hospital is this.

You're taking vaccinations. You didn't GET rabies from that puppy.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker

giphy.gif

I didn't know a lot about rabies until recently. I had no idea it was THAT horrible. It's history and strength is scary.
I recall hearing about tourists in Bali getting bitten by monkeys they try to hand feed. I thought rabies was a really sucky disease, but that there was a cure- Sort of like Malaria. I had no idea it was that bad.

BigDes

Hospital institutes standard response to dog bite

OP believes their insanity is vindicated

Enjoy those 7 shots being slowly pushed into your stomach OP.

Kaako

Felium Defensor

I think I should be dead by now since my neighbor's new puppies destroy my arms on a daily basis.

Izuna

Banned
Hospital institutes standard response to dog bite

OP believes their insanity is vindicated

Enjoy those 7 shots being slowly pushed into your stomach OP.

I mean, by all means, get vaccinated.

in case a real bad dog bites OP

ask the nurse if they recommend peeing standing up so as not to infect your vagina.

gotoadgo

The fact is I don't know if it's rabies or another sickness or if the puppy is just teeting. Basically this is what I observed before I got bitten:

I'm trying to see of she can drink water normally.

- All dogs do this, every single one. Dogs act out their dreams all the time while sleeping.
- Are you serious? All puppies bite everything, it's how they learn. They don't have hands to touch things so they bite them instead.
- The vomiting could be due to new food, stress of being somewhere new etc etc It doesn't mean it's a rabid dog
- Again I ask, are you serious?

Have you ever encountered a dog before?

You need to relax and leave the house more often.

Shadybiz

That update...my god, how do some gaffers manage to wipe their asses without having a panic attack?

Glad you got through this, OP.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The real issue is that the puppy seems like it was separated from its mom too early.

You're assuming it's really 2 weeks (there's no way its 2 weeks) and that its separated from its mother to begin with

BigDes

This is why you don't listen to GAF for medical advice, says OP smugly. In a thread OP made asking for medical advice.

I didn't know a lot about rabies until recently. I had no idea it was THAT horrible. It's history and strength is scary.
I recall hearing about tourists in Bali getting bitten by monkeys they try to hand feed. I thought rabies was a really sucky disease, but that there was a cure- Sort of like Malaria. I had no idea it was that bad.

Yeah, I think there's been like one person to ever survive rabies without a vaccine. Dunno enough about OP's country but if it's a problem there it's not a thing you wanna take chances with.

Dosia

Is this real life? This cant be real, and if it is this is likely the biggest overreaction I think I have ever witnessed.

RawNuts

We'll get through this together, OP.

fb88a68511b1174f2ef5036de4955982c31f680e_hq.gif

Scotch

You guys laugh but my uncle first wife died from rabies after bitten by a puppy. Rabies is no joke in southeast Asia. If the dog and been roaming outside at all, it's best to keep watch and take the shot it necessary.

More people should read this.

OP is from the Philippines. Rabies ain't nothing to fuck with.

LOL. Enjoy your completely pointless rabies vaccine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom