• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 announced..weather, night racing all tracks, HD Youtube uploads, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeeDog

Vlightray said:
December or January western release. March Japan release. Called it!

"Called it!" or "Call it!"? Huge difference there. :p

And I still don't think we'll se a Western release before Japan, it hasn't happened with any iteration so far and I doubt it'll happen with GT5.

-Amon-

-x.Red.x- said:
don't forget on-screen it's 270 degress IRL with DFGT it's 900 degrees so we will never get 1:1 I think...
unless PD makes it 900 degrees in GT5

That's what i'm saying. It's like gt5p. I can set my whell to 900 or 300 degrees and on screen it remains the same. They should map 1:1

mrklaw

MrArseFace
why such crappy pics?

-Amon- said:
Another thing in that picture is that there's no 1:1 realtion between real wheel / screen wheel movement.

you can't see where the real wheel is. His hands might be in an odd position?

Goldrusher

SolidSnakex said:
Just posting screens of the game or them modeling something from the game.
Which was done before. By me. With commentary.
No offense, but if you post (or quote) a photo, write something as well. Tell us why you post the photo, what you noticed, what you see.

Now where's that interview video ?

Goldrusher said:
The most interesting photos...

2w3x6yc.jpg

Top Gear ?

3539zc4.jpg

Ferrari 512S ?

2430yki.jpg

Real footage on the right ? Anyone recognize the track ?

2iwapk.jpg

El Capitan

11tobnk.jpg

Anyone know this car ?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
-Amon- said:
That's what i'm saying. It's like gt5p. I can set my whell to 900 or 300 degrees and on screen it remains the same. They should map 1:1

oh, it isn't in GT5P?

900 degrees shouldn't matter. 900 is just for road cars. If you have a less than 900 degree wheel, the ingame wheel has to move more than your real wheel, otherwise you can't get full lock. For racing games both 900 degree and other wheels should be able to handle full lock 1:1. Ideally, the wheel should have electronic stops so you can't steer further than the cars lock

-x.Red.x-

PICS looks WOWOWOOWOWOW
OMG

and looks @ license plates!!!

that means they're doing what they plan to do with GTHD pic I can't find it now

so livery is almost confirmed!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Wax Free Vanilla said:
At 2:45 the guy says "GT5 will be released in March '10 in Japan and a bit later in Europe"

the presenter? Considering he's mostly just rambling, he may well be talking out of his arse and making assumptions.

BTW, isnt' there a gamespot interview supposed to be up today?

Goldrusher said:
A few weeks of development left.

LOL QUE?

Seriously, did the french video just say that? Who said it, Yamauchi? Or did the journalists say he said it? Need info NAOOOOOO! :lol

We're all so ridiculously information starved. Sigh.

BeeDog

mrklaw said:
the presenter? Considering he's mostly just rambling, he may well be talking out of his arse and making assumptions.

BTW, isnt' there a gamespot interview supposed to be up today?

Wasn't this French visit also supposed to include an interview? Maybe they weren't allowed to ask shit, just roam the office and hope for the best. Hopefully we won't get the same crap from Gamespot...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom