• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 announced..weather, night racing all tracks, HD Youtube uploads, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doc Evils said:
I think that pretty much confirms damage is the reason the game is getting a later release.

Not really. It's 65% done and Kaz has said the basics are in (like cars and courses). But they're now working on what he calls the "experience". That's the final part of the game.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
SolidSnakex said:
Not really. It's 65% done and Kaz has said the basics are in (like cars and courses). But they're now working on what he calls the "experience". That's basically the actual game.

Fixed :p

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Is the damage going to be full blown, fully crumpled cars, wheels falling off etc... or is it going to largely cosmetic, slight dents, scratched paintwork etc...?

cyberheater said:
Is the damage going to be full blown, fully crumpled cars, wheels falling off etc... or is it going to largely cosmetic, slight dents, scratched paintwork etc...?

Don't know about wheels, but parts will fall off of race cars and regulars cars will have body damage (but no parts falling off). Both will have mechanical damage also.

Goldrusher

cyberheater said:
Same questions every other page.

road cars: minor dents, scratched paint + mechanical damage
race cars: lots of deformation, parts falling off + mechanical damage

No Burnout style crashes. Yamauchi said they could do that, but it's not what GT is about. We'll see how far it goes...
One thing they haven't mentioned yet, is if damage will be optional or not.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Thanks Goldrusher and SolidSnakex.

I'm sure it will be fine but I was hoping to see some incredible crashes with tons of body parts flying across the screen with realistic physics etc... Wheels falling off and bounding down the road hitting other cars and cause additional damage. Tires bursting if they run over metal parts. I'm sure the cell would be up for it.

Doc Evils

Goldrusher said:
They simply recreated actual WRC rally cars, which are required to have an official registration, license plate and simply be road legal.

Don't ruin my hope!

Who's making the official GTPSP thread?

AndyD

aka andydumi
cyberheater said:
Thanks Goldrusher and SolidSnakex.

I'm sure it will be fine but I was hoping to see some incredible crashes with tons of body parts flying across the screen with realistic physics etc... Wheels falling off and bounding down the road hitting other cars and cause additional damage. Tires bursting if they run over metal parts. I'm sure the cell would be up for it.

Not going to happen. That more of Dirt 2 or NFS Shift game style.

He said the engine can pretty much do it, but that they are focusing more on the driving aspect, not the crashing aspect, since this is a driving game.

Also remember the manufacturers... they would not like a car getting pulverized.

Iknos

TTP said:
x1kchf.jpg

This picture is hilarious if you pretend the co-driver is sleeping. Do that, and then look at the driver expression :lol

This must be a shot from lap 54 of the 99 lap Nurburgring race they had at PD's offices.

Which wouldn't be too far from the truth the driver would be into it but the passenger would be bored.

KillerAJD

TTP said:

This picture is hilarious if you pretend the co-driver is sleeping. Do that, and then look at the driver expression :lol
Nah, I don't think that's it...wait a second! He's in disguise!

2aht7jc.jpg

Man, Kaz really scored with this guy! :lol

(I wasted way to much time doing that, lol)

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
KillerAJD said:
Nah, I don't think that's it...wait a second! He's in disguise!

2aht7jc.jpg

Man, Kaz really scored with this guy! :lol

(I wasted way to much time doing that, lol)

Hahahah, yes!! :lol

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Goldrusher said:
GT PSP is a completely different game. It's nothing more than GT4 portable and simply uses the GT4 tracks. No London, no Tuscany, no Madrid, not even the new High Speed Ring.

GT PSP has a bunch of all new tracks never featured in a GT game before. Polyphony isn't likely to waste their time studying tracks and only using them in a portable game, so expect to see them in GT5 too.

TheHeretic said:
So if its out in March for Japan when can we expect it in Europe based on previous releases?

Kaz has implied that it'll be done for everyone at that time and it'll come down to the marketing departments in Europe and the US to determine their releases. So biggest thing standing in the way is of course GoW3.

offshore

SolidSnakex said:
Kaz has implied that it'll be done for everyone at that time and it'll come down to the marketing departments in Europe and the US to determine their releases. So biggest thing standing in the way is of course GoW3.

GOW3 still doesn't have a European release date yet, so I'd be happy if GT5 came to the UK in March and GOW3 later... :D

Fakto

GT5 will be the first GT I'd play =)

Quick question: The graphics in GT5 [I saw some videos] are going to be the same that GT5: Prologue have ? [I assume the contect, gameplay, etc is diferent]

offshore said:
GOW3 still doesn't have a European release date yet, so I'd be happy if GT5 came to the UK in March and GOW3 later... :D

That would have some people importing a version from Europe which probably wouldn't make SCEA too happy.

I'm not really too concerned about the date because i'm definitely importing the Japanese version. I have no issue waiting for GT5 now because I don't have any other choice. But once it's out in Japan i'm getting it. I'll also get the US version whenever they release it. Although if it's released at the same time as the Japanese version then i'll get the US version.

SolidSnakex said:

Assuming they don't release in the same week or something I don't think they'd eat into eachothers sales that much. I mean they are completely different games and inevitable AAA blockbusters so it seems like a pretty low concern.

-Amon-

keyrat said:
Did GT4 have Group B WRC cars like the Audi Quattro? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCEZKGkjCk

I would love this in GT5.

Gt4 had delta s4, 037, 2 evoulutions of peugeot 205 group B, and the ford group B plus some others like toyota but not audi quattro in group B form. It had only the street legal one.

I'm with you on group B. Best rally cars of all times, but few people care about them, maybe too young dunno.

We can only hope.

Iknos

Fakto said:

Quick question: The graphics in GT5 [I saw some videos] are going to be the same that GT5: Prologue have ? [I assume the contect, gameplay, etc is diferent]

As good if not better. Any kinks in the visuals will be ironed out. PD specifically referred making the shadows even better in one instance. I suspect framerate and vsync is high on their list as well.

So don't worry about the visuals.

Iknos

Doc Evils said:
It's amazing how much detail PD has managed to cram in to drivers, while still having 60fps.

Driver models are culled during gameplay so in that regard it isn't an issue for them. What is the issue is the memory taken by those textures. IMO those textures make those models because they are crisp and done very well. They could have reduced the texture quality to free up some RAM but they didn't.

To me that's what's most mind boggling. Remember the car livery takes some RAM too.

cyberheater

Fakto said:

You're lucky. The first one on PS1 was a massive stunning achievement. GT2 I thought was a bit boring. GT3 on PS2 was also an amazing technical achievement but the AI drivers were very predictable and basically drove in a precession. I got so bored I pretty much gave up GT after that. GT4 wasn't much better.

I hope that GT5 really sorts out the AI this time.

evolution

olimpia84 said:
Here's hoping for classic rally cars. If the Toyota Celica GT4 WRC is in there I'm going to buy like 5 copies of the game.
Im pretty sure it was in GT:HD and so will be in GT5. Get ready to buy 5 copies lol.

edit: I believe the older ST185 is in GTpsp, so they problably have both in GT5

Might sound like a strange question at this stage... but what are they going to do for DLC? Seems pretty much every car anyone would ever want has made it into the game... so perhaps more tracks?

klier

Psychotext said:
Might sound like a strange question at this stage... but what are they going to do for DLC? Seems pretty much every car anyone would ever want has made it into the game... so perhaps more tracks?

And cars yet to be released. Like the next gen (F10) BMW M5. It will not be in GT5 but will be presented a few months after the release of the game, so it will be a perfect download car!

Psychotext said:

If those joke characters that got audience at PDs office had just half the brain of a bag of peanuts, they would have asked this question as well as what role the WRC and NASCAR licenses will have.

I am still baffled how meh those interviews turned out.

Wasn´t the US PSblog also supposed to ask some questions, when will those turn up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom