• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 announced..weather, night racing all tracks, HD Youtube uploads, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Goldrusher said:
3840 x 2160 photo mode screenshots :)
Yep. Nice stuff.

We knew it could do it realtime with 4 PS3s, but I did not imagine it would do it in photomode on 1. Although it makes perfect sense.

thuway said:
Why wasn't this shown at TGS? WHY? WANT TO SEE NOW111!!?!!

October 24th is the Tokyo Motor Show. I think that's the next date that we could see this trailer. GT/Polyphony are sponsors of the event.

Firewire

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
October 24th is the Tokyo Motor Show. I think that's the next date that we could see this trailer. GT/Polyphony are sponsors of the event.

Didn't know that, good chance for additional info possibly.

thuway

Ok guys, seriously can I say something and put my GT fanboy goggles on -

The description of that trailer has me really amped. Watching TGS unfold and coming to the slow realization that GT might not include the features I so desperately longed for (rain, nights, etc.) had driven my hype down considerably. What really killed it for me was listening to Garnett's lackluster experience at Polyphony. Couple that with an extremely impressive demo of Forza, and a delay to March, and I had just put this off my radar.

BUT THIS ARTICLE.... THIS article, just the PARAGRAPH, about the damage modeling, has lifted my spirits completely. Please be as impressive as this thing mentions. PLEASE.

RavenFox

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
As for the new car, will have representation in vogue the hybrids. Also present will first legendary brands like Lamborghini and Bugatti. Until we have cars from NASCAR and World Rally. Speaking of NASCAR, Yamauchi noted that the deformation and damage in these high-speed races will be absolutely amazing and true to life, with turns, spins, roll, and so on. We will have to see to believe.

Then took a look at another set of game features that he says make Gran Turismo what is today a reference in the world of driving simulations. Arcade and story modes are the same as previous versions, but taken to the next generation. That is, new graphics, new physics, new details. In the shop there will be many parties to improve your cars. The creator was particularly proud of this facet of The Game. We commented that he can change almost every imaginable piece of the vehicle. Not just the typical sections of the engine, brakes, etc. ..

The online mode will have full support. The development team has focused a lot on this. There will be private rooms where you can connect with other players and tournaments closed set, for example. With regard to the shooting mode, Yamauchi told us that this feature, present from Gran Turismo 4 has been improved greatly. It can take pictures at any moment of the race, as well as specially prepared scenarios for this need. We were reminded that the improvement in the modeling (both circuit and car) will thus a delight for fans. On the technical side we said that the photos have a resolution of 8 megapixels..
Sweet Lord this game is going to end jobs and relationships.

Garnett's "lackluster" experience at Polyphony?
What's that all about? I'm not sure how anyone that likes motorsport could have a dull experience at a studio that lives and breathes on the cutting edge of it.

belvedere

Junior Butler
thuway said:
. What really killed it for me was listening to Garnett's lackluster experience at Polyphony. Couple that with an extremely impressive demo of Forza, and a delay to March, and I had just put this off my radar.

It's pretty clear that Garnett never had any intentions of ever being impressed by GT5.

offshore

Speaking of NASCAR, Yamauchi noted that the deformation and damage in these high-speed races will be absolutely amazing and true to life, with turns, spins, roll, and so on.

FireWorks_b_D2558_Fireworks.jpg

belvedere

Junior Butler
Firewire said:
Any possibility of getting a link to what he wrote?

Well, I remember many 1upYours episodes where they'd be talking about GT5 and Garnett would try as hard as he could to discredit the franchise while talking up other non-sim racing games.

Firewire

Banned
belvedere said:
Well, I remember many 1upYours episodes where they'd be talking about GT5 and Garnett would try as hard as he could to discredit the franchise while talking up other non-sim racing games.

Damn he dissed on GT....lame.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Firewire said:
Damn he dissed on GT....lame.

Many times. I'm sure somehow, his visit to the PD studios was disappointing in some way. Although, all one needs to do is read the experiences any one of the dozens of journalists to visit PD recently who had nothing but great things to say.

DuckRacer

With regard to the shooting mode, Yamauchi told us that this feature, present from Gran Turismo 4 has been improved greatly. It can take pictures at any moment of the race, as well as specially prepared scenarios for this need. We were reminded that the improvement in the modeling (both circuit and car) will thus a delight for fans.
Goldrusher said:
3840 x 2160 photo mode screenshots :)
:O I spent a ridiculous amount of time in GT4's photomode, this is bigger than the night racing news for me.

Firewire said:
This believe shit needs to stop. Damn its annoying.

A day will come when this will happen. Believe.

Edit: I didnt comment on the new information because... well, i'm overwhelmed. I try staying skeptical but they keep increasing my expectations. Night racing, Nascar damage... holy shit.

I admit I might have whooped a little when I read those paragraphs.

RavenFox

Banned
belvedere said:
Garnett has always trolled PS3 nothing new there so lets move on

As all the news from the interview trickle in it starts to become obvious (and understandable) why the game has been in development for so long.

Firewire said:

Calm down. Its not like we are drowning in media about these features. Right now there is nothing else to do EXCEPT to believe. Also, its a meme used jokingly. No need to get so... pricky... about it. Move on to the next post.

But for your sake, i'll think twice before saying that again. Happy?

belvedere

Junior Butler
RavenFox said:
Garnett has always trolled PS3 nothing new there so lets move on

We have, then you brought it back up again.

:lol

Anyone have any of the Lambo pics on hand? Co-worker doesn't believe they'll be in GT5.

BeeDog

WHAT

New trailer that shows off night time racing? :eek:

Can we expect to see it at Tokyo Motor Show or...? Is it just Meristation reporting it? Sorry for my stupid question, been hammering away my life at the university this whole week.

Meristation is the only one that described it in detail but Gamespot also mentioned that a new trailer was shown to people. But all they mentioned was that some new tracks were shown.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
That Meristation guy.... such a japanese wannabe. :/

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
SolidSnakex said:
Meristation is the only one that described it in detail but Gamespot also mentioned that a new trailer was shown to people. But all they mentioned was that some new tracks were shown.

Why would Gamespot not want the extra hits? Was there an embargo?

BeeDog

SolidSnakex said:

Cooler, but is this Meristation site reliable?

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Anastacio said:
Just a quick and simple question. Is this setup worth buying for Gran Turismo 5?

Logitech® G27 Racing Wheel
[IG]http://www.komplett.dk/img/p/200/494999.jpg[/IMG]

Playseat Gearshift G25/G27
[IG]http://www.komplett.dk/img/p/200/331918.jpg[/IMG]

PlaySeat GT
[IG]http://www.komplett.dk/img/p/200/463318.jpg[/IMG]

[IG]http://www.komplett.dk/img/p/1200/463318.jpg[/IMG]

Or is there something better to get?

That would be a very sweet set up. What display device are you going to use?

BeeDog

Awesome, then hype +1. Goddamn, we're like vultures, scavenging every goddamn piece of information we can find. It's nice that the Gran Turismo series still has this pull. :D

Firewire

Banned
BeeDog said:
Awesome, then hype +1. Goddamn, we're like vultures, scavenging every goddamn piece of information we can find. It's nice that the Gran Turismo series still has this pull. :D

I purchased my PS3 almost 3 years ago specifically for this game. :D

BeeDog said:

Well, GTPSP is out now so they should be able to talk about it more freely on a regular basis.

seb

Banned
Segata Sanshiro said:
As long as 'believe' is up there under the word 'NeoGAF' at the top of the page, people are probably going to keep using it as a meme. It's like the forum motto.

shutit.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom