• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 announced..weather, night racing all tracks, HD Youtube uploads, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Anastacio said:
I bought a 46" Samsung LED Serie 8 tv last month (picture of my setup, not final):

7229_1130899785706_1023588251_30435745_5424386_n.jpg

7229_1130899025687_1023588251_30435738_6851626_n.jpg

7229_1129793038038_1023588251_30432395_2730554_n.jpg
Why is your center channel so low? Don't you risk getting some weird acoustic effects that way with how close it is to your stand?

offshore

mckmas8808 said:
Why would Gamespot not want the extra hits? Was there an embargo?

I'm beginning to think there may have been...maybe there was some miscommunication somewhere. Sony may be waiting to show it and get the hits themselves on the PS Blog in time for the Tokyo Motor Show or something.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
jett said:
Yamauchi also said that regarding vehicular damage "You can expect perfection". Big words. :p
What do you expect? The guy cant say 'You can expect a half baked effort' :/ :lol

BeeDog

Whoa, whoa, where's that from? There's an offscreen trailer at Meristation or what?!

*runs off to check*

EDIT: meh it's from a stupid concept render video. :(

offshore

It would be awesome if we could have "real" headlights lighting the track...although I wonder if, like so many things, they could do it for WRC stages with one car.

-viper-

Banned
Fender_Uk said:
1080p is 1920x1080
1080p refers to vertical resolution. Anyways, it doesn't really matter. GT5 Prologue, alongside Wipeout HD, has the best image quality for any console game. Every other 720p game looks blurry in comparison.

methos75

Banned
so any word on the Soundtrack, personally I am hoping for an blazing ridge racer like techno soundtrack, i swear if there is Rap and hip hop in it I might just boycott it

Senua

Gold Member
-viper- said:
1080p refers to vertical resolution. Anyways, it doesn't really matter. GT5 Prologue, alongside Wipeout HD, has the best image quality for any console game. Every other 720p game looks blurry in comparison.
true, but i'm a pc gamer so they all seem low

-viper-

Banned
methos75 said:
so any word on the Soundtrack, personally I am hoping for an blazing ridge racer like techno soundtrack, i swear if there is Rap and hip hop in it I might just boycott it
GT5 has custom soundtracks.

Hydrargyrus

methos75 said:
not really big on those, rather the game just have an kicking soundtrack. relying on custom soundtracks is the tool of the lazy

I hope they'll include the track from the Ferrari trailer, it was completely kick-ass

-viper-

Banned
methos75 said:
not really big on those, rather the game just have an kicking soundtrack. relying on custom soundtracks is the tool of the lazy
GT PSP has a good soundtrack list apparently. Some of the music used in GT5 trailers has also been pretty cool, like the one in the E3 trailer.

evolution

I can't wait for this game, but i seriously think PD need to hire someone like Ryan Payton to do the talking. Theres just to much inconsistency coming from the media.

belvedere

Junior Butler
-viper- said:
GT PSP has a good soundtrack list apparently. Some of the music used in GT5 trailers has also been pretty cool, like the one in the E3 trailer.

Yeah, the song in the Ferrari tribute video was amazing, and I'm in no way a techno fan.

BeeDog

belvedere said:
Yeah, the song in the Ferrari tribute video was amazing, and I'm in no way a techno fan.

Drum 'n' fucking bass, drum 'n' fucking bass. Not techno, drum 'n' fucking bass.

/electronica know-it-all elitist

:p

belvedere

Junior Butler
BeeDog said:
Drum 'n' fucking bass, drum 'n' fucking bass. Not techno, drum 'n' fucking bass.

/electronica know-it-all elitist

:p

Oh, my bad, my bad.

PD have pretty good music taste, and you can't really say it's predictable. They had the Cult in GT3 and The Mars Fucking Volta in Prologue.

So this is the official car list for 830 of the cars featured in Gran Turismo PSP:

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-psp-car-list/

Now, I don't know if anyone is bothered by it, but it seems that a huge chunk of those cars consist of rides from Gran Turismo 4. Will EVERY car from the PSP make it onto the PS3 version? I hope thats not the case as I was hoping for more American cars and few other supercars that other games tend to have (the MCLAREN F1 LM for example).

If every car from the psp version were to make it onto the ps3, then that would only leave approximately another 150 cars left to unveil. With a few more Ferrari, Lamborghini, NASCAR, and more Skylines, this does not leave room for an ample amount of new cars.

Please say it ain't so! I'm hoping for maybe 500-600 of those to make it onto the ps3, but not all of them.

mr_nothin

Banned
SKYLINE
SKILINE
SKY-LINE
SKILYNE
SKI-LYNE
SKY-LINE
SKYLYNE
SKY-LYNE
SKYLINE '95
SKILINE '92
SKY-LINE '91
SKILYNE turbo
SKI-LYNE gtr
SKY-LINE r54 '95
SKYLYNE '93
SKY-LYNE'97

Once a week for the next 3 weeks, we will be bringing you new screen shots from the version of Gran Turismo 5 shown at the 2009 Tokyo Game Show.

Part 1 includes the "Ferrari 458 Italia" that debuted at the 2009 Frankfurt Motor Show, and the "Lamborghini Gallardo", staged on the "Tokyo Route 246". In addition to the detailed, alluring cars, check out the beautifully reproduced urban course, in which you can almost feel the air around you.

2eodvdk.jpg

2dt41o8.jpg

339uakx.jpg

2ntxxz8.jpg

2ikw3kz.jpg

2iazds8.jpg

2ppwyzs.jpg

35n4tbr.jpg

w80vf5.jpg

sg7f5z.jpg

vdmyv9.jpg

2yphouw.jpg

2ahbk03.jpg

muiyw2.jpg

2nrezrs.jpg

2ztew7p.jpg

2jd1h15.jpg

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/d5081.html

Also note that they'll be ending updates for this on October 23rd, which is a day before the Tokyo Motor Show begins. Of course it could just be a coincidence that they plan on ending updates for the TGS build a day before a big show that they sponsor begins...

offshore

offshore said:
Next stop...Tokyo Motor Show :lol

Looks like I could be right... :p

I'm going with this mysterious trailer to be shown at TMS, as well as the obligatory confusing interviews with Kaz...

I suppose it's possible that we could get something big to offset Forza's launch as well, but Kaz doesn't seem like that type, so all other info will be reserved for next year IMO.

Zep

Banned
Think it's possible to add a 'free roam' mode before release? Meaning they take down a lot of the barriers that are present during race time(especially the cities).

Always liked doing that before a race(Metropolis Street Racer) to get a broad feel of the course.

Pallaris

flipswitch said:
Do we know if the screentearing/slowdown issues have been resolved in the latest build shown at TGS?

I can still see tearing. Sadly, with the direction they've taken with 1080p/16cars etc I'm not sure we can expect 100% smooth 60fps with vsync. At best it may run better in 720p mode, or perhaps tear less frequently in bumber cam view (which doesn't display the car at all). Looks like Wipeout HD all over. I'd love to be proved wrong of course.

BeeDog

Zep said:
Think it's possible to add a 'free roam' mode before release? Meaning they take down a lot of the barriers that are present during race time(especially the cities).

Always liked doing that before a race(Metropolis Street Racer) to get a broad feel of the course.

I seriously doubt they'll incorporate that; though there will most likely be a Photo Mode that lets you drive around a track of your choice without any time/lap restrictions, to take beautiful pics.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Those are nice shots, but its time to show real screenshots. :/

SmokyDave

atomiswave said:
So this is the official car list for 830 of the cars featured in Gran Turismo PSP:

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-psp-car-list/

Now, I don't know if anyone is bothered by it, but it seems that a huge chunk of those cars consist of rides from Gran Turismo 4. Will EVERY car from the PSP make it onto the PS3 version? I hope thats not the case as I was hoping for more American cars and few other supercars that other games tend to have (the MCLAREN F1 LM for example).

If every car from the psp version were to make it onto the ps3, then that would only leave approximately another 150 cars left to unveil. With a few more Ferrari, Lamborghini, NASCAR, and more Skylines, this does not leave room for an ample amount of new cars.

Please say it ain't so! I'm hoping for maybe 500-600 of those to make it onto the ps3, but not all of them.

53 Skylines. I must admit, I'm a little underwhelmed by the list. Where are all the classic Fords? Only 2 Ferraris? Why no 69 Charger RT? It's nice that there are so many cars but it is very 94-99 Japanese orientated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom