• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 announced..weather, night racing all tracks, HD Youtube uploads, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schrade

Bah. Another delay of 3 months. Make it stop, make it stop!

Ninja Scooter said:
Jay Leno will take over the March 2010 release window bumping Gran Turismo back TBA.
Did you ever get your answer from Shane?

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
templeusox said:
Sucks for Japanese gamers. I don't think it's going to affect NA or Europe very much.
Yeah hopefully not. Itll probably just be a simultaneous release worldwide now.

Google Translation said:
"PlayStation 3" software-only Gran Turismo For Release of Version 5, on the production schedule, We've been expecting our first guide in 2010 has decided to postpone three month.

For his new release date as soon as this decision, we will guide again.

We wait for their release to everyone in this film that we apologize apologize for any inconvenience.

Press release, Sony Computer Entertainment

Delayed 3 months.

BSTF

this post rates 1/10
chubigans said:
Did it say three months? That's not entirely bad if that's what it says. Someone translate please. ;_;

I think the 3 months delay is a mistranslation as 2010年3月 = March 2010. It appears that it's TBD at this point, but I'm not sure.

DCharlie

Banned
Kagari said:
It's delayed from March, not three months.

Game is never coming out, it's a myth!

well, i think i can let Kagari do my posting, i think she has it covered. The running joke has been that GT5 will have to go up against Forza 4 not Forza 3 and it's looking sadly true with each passing day.

Just what EXACTLY have they been doing?! Kaz was laughing in 2008 at that suggestion it wouldn't launch in 2009... and her we are possibly looking at mid-2010?

STOP THE PARTIES UNTIL THIS IS FINISHED! NO MORE PLAYING WITH CARS!!!!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Maybe they plan to do a worldwide simultaneous launch & delayed to get the other territories up to spec. Because I cannot fathom any reason at this point to delay the game. None.

Gravijah

WhiteAce said:
well, i think i can let Kagari do my posting, i think she has it covered. The running joke has been that GT5 will have to go up against Forza 4 not Forza 3 and it's looking sadly true with each passing day.

Just what EXACTLY have they been doing?! Kaz was laughing in 2008 at that suggestion it wouldn't launch in 2009... and here we are possibly looking at mid-2010?

STOP THE PARTIES UNTIL THIS IS FINISHED! NO MORE PLAYING WITH CARS!!!!

At some point all the improvements you want to add into your game just HAVE to be moved to the sequel.

Did they give any reason for the delay? [wishful thinking]Maybe they got the Porsche and Koegnisegg licenses and are adding those in [/wishful thinking]. Or maybe they're actually gonna try making GOW a more decent selling franchise over there instead of 40k per iteration? Or they want Yakuza 4 to control March for them? Or maybe they've just ran into some pretty big defects.

It doesn't affect me as I wasn't gonna import anyways, but I can see how some people would get pissed off.

DCharlie

Banned
Maybe they plan to do a worldwide simultaneous launch & delayed to get the other territories up to spec. Because I cannot fathom any reason at this point to delay the game. None.

come now, this one has been a moving target for some time now and as much as i want to believe Kaz when he says he "can release it any time" there's only so much rope we can give him before we haves ourselves a hanging! ;)

in truth, it hardly matters due to a glut of games coming up, but this game has been coming FOREVER.

I'm guessing the game simply isn't in the state Kaz has been alluding it to be in (which seems to have been the story for the few years)

AranhaHunter said:
Did they give any reason for the delay? [wishful thinking]Maybe they got the Porsche and Koegnisegg licenses and are adding those in [/wishful thinking]. Or maybe they're actually gonna try making GOW a more decent selling franchise over there instead of 40k per iteration? Or they want Yakuza 4 to control March for them? Or maybe they've just ran into some pretty big defects.

It doesn't affect me as I wasn't gonna import anyways, but I can see how some people would get pissed off.

Its probably the marketing team deciding on a WW release, not a huge deal imo.

DCharlie

Banned
Its probably the marketing team deciding on a WW release

again, they wait until 2 months to go on a project that's been running for over 4 years and on Sony's biggest title to decide this??

I mean... really?

Kagari said:
I have a feeling GT5 will be disappointing. Just saying.
Maybe they have enough in March, and they delayed it so they can spend more money on advertising FFXIII in NA and EU, and also God of War III. March was flooded as it is. Me thinks this is a good, and they can definitely try for a world-wide release now. I don't think this game is going to get delayed anymore. It's going to come out this year, it is just that March was flooded, and advertising three big games in one month would have been a lot of money. It's probably going to come in a month where there's not any other big games releasing, so yeah, before Fall 2010, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom