• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 announced..weather, night racing all tracks, HD Youtube uploads, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

exarkun

As I get older it seems I can appreciate the Gran Turismo games more and more.

That said, has there been a date announced orrrr not?

Niks

Goldrusher said:
3697008828_6575e47405_b.jpg

Driving the Jaguar XJ23, only one was made and it's worth over 25 million dollar.

Holy shit.

Goldrusher said:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3467/3696994536_74d66988f2_b.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3573/3697008828_6575e47405_b.jpg[IMG]

Driving the Jaguar XJ23, only one was made and it's worth over 25 million dollar.[/QUOTE]

*XJ13

Wollan

Funny that he hasn't taken English language lessons considering he's been flying around the world participating in all kinds of car events for the last ten years.

RavenFox said:
He should have had translator guy slap him and then said of course its real lol

I'm still surprised that so many people doubted it. So I guess it makes sense that Kaz could be confused at a question like that. Like I said earlier, they haven't showed any CG since they started showing GT this gen (starting with Vision GT).

Anyway, with Gamescom coming up, hopefully we'll get some final confirmations on things that Kaz has talked about previously. Specifically about day/night cycles and weather. Even if it's just rain i'd be happy.

SolidSnakex said:
I'm still surprised that so many people doubted it. So I guess it makes sense that Kaz could be confused at a question like that. Like I said earlier, they haven't showed any CG since they started showing GT this gen (starting with Vision GT).

Anyway, with Gamescom coming up, hopefully we'll get some final confirmations on things that Kaz has talked about previously. Specifically about day/night cycles and weather. Even if it's just rain i'd be happy.

Dynamic weather change is what I want the most, then day/night cycle, then confirmation of Bugatti, Lamborghini and Porsche in the game.

Yeah, i'd definitely like dynamic weather in the game. But it'd still be cool if they only had it where you selected which condition you wanted before a race (or it did it for you if you're in GT mode). I'm not sure how they'd handle NASCAR though since they stop racing when it starts raining (although they did let them keep going on a road course last year).

As far as cars go, there's a very good possibility that Porsche is in given Kaz's comment about them awhile back. The other two are the big unknowns though.

Well, considering how Lamborghini is in plenty of games, including Forza 3, and considering how Turn 10 have stepped their game up, I'm expecting it to be in GT5, same with Bugatti .

And yeah, I remember the Porsche comment, something about they didn't have a problem with damage in their cars right?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
You'd think with Ferrari in one of the biggest racing games of all time, Lamborghini wouldn't be happy to not be involved.

Damodar

Wollan said:
Funny that he hasn't taken English language lessons considering he's been flying around the world participating in all kinds of car events for the last ten years.

And lose his excuse to jet around the world with translator guy?

I really hope that Lamborghini are indeed in, as are Bugatti.

speedpop said:
You'd think with Ferrari in one of the biggest racing games of all time, Lamborghini wouldn't be happy to not be involved.

That would be the most logical thing, but you just never know

Damodar said:
And lose his excuse to jet around the world with translator guy?

I really hope that Lamborghini are indeed in, as are Bugatti.

LOL yeah translator guy needs to be there writing furiously on his notepad.

12th July 2009

Jeremy_Clarkson_137842a.jpg

I liked my new T-shirt very much. I liked it so much that last week I wore it to the rehearsals of a Top Gear show, where everyone else liked it very much as well.

But after a while, as is the way with these things, everyone had seen it, everyone had had their giggle and everyone had asked where they might get one. So, soon, the joke has been lost in a desert of familiarity. And that’s why, later in the day, when I was approached by a group of Japanese people, I never gave my slogan a second thought.

It turned out they were there from the company that makes the incredible Gran Turismo computer racing game, and they were in England to map out and chart the Top Gear test track for inclusion in the next, even more realistic version. Of course, it was very important that I met the boss.

So when they came over for Goodwood they came to map the Top Gear test track?

BeeDog

I'm surprised it took them this long (if the date of Wax's post means the mapping took place recently). Didn't they announce this track ages ago? I'd figure at least all the levels in the game would be done by now, meh.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Gomu Gomu said:
That's actually a great idea :lol
Even Top Gear themselves could somehow implement it within the show. They shall call it "Virtual Lap." Even if they don't, Racing GAF would definitely have daily/weekly updates with track times and replays hopefully. I sense some very fierce competition from the GT veterans as well as new blood.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Kaako said:
Even Top Gear themselves could somehow implement it within the show. They shall call it "Virtual Lap." Even if they don't, Racing GAF would definitely have daily/weekly updates with track times and replays hopefully. I sense some very fierce competition from the GT veterans as well as new blood.
There was an episode of Top Gear where Jeremy drove a lap of the Laguna Seca in GT4 with the NSX then attempted to match that time in real life.

They could map out the track without even going to it. So if that's recent, it was probably just to take some photos to make sure what they've done is completely accurate.

AranhaHunter said:
Well, considering how Lamborghini is in plenty of games, including Forza 3, and considering how Turn 10 have stepped their game up, I'm expecting it to be in GT5, same with Bugatti .

Yeah, but those cars have long been in other racing games but not in GT. There's always been some wall between GT and those supercar makers. Who knows what it is though. But the Ferrari wall is knocked down now.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Katana_Strikes said:
I posted this in the Uncharted 2 thread but it's quite a bit relevant here also.

Rumoured PS3 release list (Europe):
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2009/07/12/2009s-ps3-release-dates/

More weight to a possible 2009 release?
I still doubt it though. Kaz is such a perfectionist and I don't think he'll want to ship unless he's really satisfied with the end product. Here's hoping to a 09 release date though, can't wait to get my hands on it either way. :D

DuckRacer

Katana_Strikes said:
I posted this in the Uncharted 2 thread but it's quite a bit relevant here also.

Rumoured PS3 release list (Europe):
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2009/07/12/2009s-ps3-release-dates/

More weight to a possible 2009 release?
LittleBigPlanet – Game Of The Year Edition: 2nd September
SingStar U2: 16th September
Uncharted 2: 30th September
SingStar Starter Pack: 7th October (microphones, 5 tracks and 5 free downloads)
Buzz! Quiz World: 21st October
Ratchet and Clank: A Crack In Time: 28th October
Eyepet: 4th November
Gran Turismo 5: TBC
SingStar Michael Jackson: 13th November
Yeah guys, a GT5 release this year is practically guaranteed this year. Why release Uncharted 2 early and have your November titles be... an eyetoy distraction and a Singstar expansion?

DuckRacer said:
Yeah guys, a GT5 release this year is practically guaranteed this year. Why release Uncharted 2 early and have your November titles be... an eyetoy distraction and a Singstar expansion?
Modern Warfare 2 / Assassin's Creed 2

I doubt you'd want to get in the way of either given the choice.

SolidSnakex said:
They could map out the track without even going to it. So if that's recent, it was probably just to take some photos to make sure what they've done is completely accurate.

Not a chance. In the behind the scenes GT art book I have, the devs mention that they take thousands of photographs plus GIS measurements of the real-life tracks they visit. They could have been there to record video for use in the vignettes about the tracks like they have in GT5P.

Yoboman said:
GT5 would probably be bigger than both if it released this year
Maybe, but you still don't want to crowd it in... at least not on short notice (I doubt their partners at Activision / Ubisoft would be too pleased).

Somnia

We changed our date in our internal system to 12/21/09 btw today (GameStop). It's never usually a real date unless they know something it's always the 1st of a month if they are guessing...so ya this year is looking like a possibility

CHRP718

Banned
JoJo13 said:
GT5 would be bigger than AC, but nowhere near as big as MW2
Yea, I see AC2 selling around 8 million and MW2 selling 12 Million.
So GT5 is probably going to sell somewhere in between those with around 10 Million.

Yoboman

JoJo13 said:
GT5 would be bigger than AC, but nowhere near as big as MW2
Depends if GT5 sells more like GT3 or more like GT4. If Modern Warfare 2 sells as good as CoD4. Both got over 10 million though. Either way it's an exclusive versus a multiplat

Somnia said:
We changed our date in our internal system to 12/21/09 btw today (GameStop). It's never usually a real date unless they know something it's always the 1st of a month if they are guessing...so ya this year is looking like a possibility

From a sales perspective, that would be poor timing. They'd want to get at least a few weeks of holiday shopping in.

That said, I'd take it. :lol

dogmaan

Girl got arse pubes.
Wax Free Vanilla said:
12th July 2009

Jeremy_Clarkson_137842a.jpg

So when they came over for Goodwood they came to map the Top Gear test track?

and here's the shirt in question:

1j3o2d.jpg

which I hope is not against the rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom