• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 announced..weather, night racing all tracks, HD Youtube uploads, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

belvedere

Junior Butler
DuckRacer said:
Whee, a racing thread without complete idiots crapping it up.

Sony's Gamescom conference is 3 hours long. I wonder what they're going to fill it with...? :p

Maybe Ken Block will take the stage and demo the new damage system.

ChryZ

Psychotext said:
How dare you!

Ken Block doesn't hit anything.
2la7lv5.jpg

Ploid 3.0

Man I can't wait to see a demo of GT5. Especially the new race types, and I want more info on it's rally engine.

Also about GT5 Prologue graphical bump to GT5. Weren't all of the prologue's worse than the main game when it released? In graphics and gameplay mechanics? I think GT5:p was US' first prologue, and anyway I wouldn't have gotten them if they weren't. I always anticipated the next GT like a starving lion but they seemed a bit expensive judging by how much the Europe versions cost.

RavenFox

Banned
Wax Free Vanilla said:
I hope they got Sébastien Loeb to give it the once over and help improve the physics.

No.

gfx: Prologue > GT4
No, your wrong so give it a rest.

amar212 said:
From GTPlanet, when we talk about graphics of Prologue:

[IM]http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/6715/34405352.jpg[/IMG]

and this:

[IM]http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/923/dsc00417djp.jpg[/IMG]
[IM]http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/7396/dsc00418h.jpg[/IMG]

Both examples form the in-game replay, replay paused and than picture taken straight from the screen.

So, when we talk about detials and similar, just to put some things into perspective.

Prologue BTW - NOT GT5.

Kudos to Sony55 and blademask for pictures.
That's fucking insane.
PjotrStroganov said:
I dare you. I double dare you to post this in "that other" racegame's topic. :lol
There's quite some bickering about something very similar.

Talk about coincidence.
No need to post it. It will be seen here.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Wax Free Vanilla said:
I hope they got Sébastien Loeb to give it the once over and help improve the physics.

No.

gfx: Prologue > GT4

I think he means prologue 3 < 3, prologue 4 < 4 and likely prologue 5 < 5.

And I think he is right. Then again no previous Prologue was as extensive as the current one that I rememebr.

BeeDog said:
Talk about a waste of time actually modelling/texturing such miniscule details. :p

Polyphony is always looking into details that you probably don't really need, but they're realistic so they want it in. For example, this is what Kaz wants to do with the weather

"There are many many things we'd still like to work on - that we can't get our heads around - but let's say in real life, you're driving and you hit a thunderstorm and suddenly it starts raining. And then it clears up. Sun is coming through the clouds. The car in front of you is creating a water screen and sun rays are hitting it. Not just the weather aspect, but the replication of that - you know, the waterscreen that the car in front of you creates, and the way it sparkles. Things like that."

http://motortrend.automotive.com/90783/112-0711-kazunori-yamauchi-gran-turismo-5/track-modeling.html

Now would anyone complain if rain was in GT5 but it didn't do what he said? I really doubt it. But it's realistic so they want it in.

amar212

BeeDog said:
Talk about a waste of time actually modelling/texturing such miniscule details. :p

Even in GT Concept game VW Concept car had fully working rear spoiler.

In GT4 same happened to SLR and Audi TT, while Nissan RC2P had working front air-brakes on bumpers.

Details were never in question.

amar212 said:

34405352.jpg

and this:

dsc00417djp.jpg

dsc00418h.jpg

Both examples form the in-game replay, replay paused and than picture taken straight from the screen.

So, when we talk about detials and similar, just to put some things into perspective.

Prologue BTW - NOT GT5.

Even more impressive than those minuscule details are the reflections on the headlights. They look real life.

Hard to imagine PD did this all a couple of years ago. I wonder what improvements they've made in the graphics for GT5.

H_Prestige said:
Even more impressive than those minuscule details are the reflections on the headlights. They look real life.

Hard to imagine PD did this all a couple of years ago. I wonder what improvements they've made in the graphics for GT5.

I don't think the graphics will be that much better and I'm fine with that, they've already confirmed that they're adding a ton of shit to it plus there's more that's probably coming and it's all in 1080....I mean more beautiful graphics is of course welcome but I'd rather they work and bring us a couple of other things :D

AranhaHunter said:
I don't think the graphics will be that much better and I'm fine with that, they've already confirmed that they're adding a ton of shit to it plus there's more that's probably coming and it's all in 1080....I mean more beautiful graphics is of course welcome but I'd rather they work and bring us a couple of other things :D

There will probably be some improvements. Kaz mentioned that lighting is one of the things that they want to improve for GT5.

thejared

amar212 said:

34405352.jpg

and this:

dsc00417djp.jpg

dsc00418h.jpg

Prologue BTW - NOT GT5.

PERFECT!! absolutely accurate true to life re-creation of everything from the bulbs themselves with the angel eyes around the projectors to the absolutely true to life re-creation of light on the plastic housing.

i hope they know the effort to add these details aren't wasted and its much appreciated and shows that if they put this much care into these fine details, that speaks volumes about the rest of the game.

olimpia84

Wax Free Vanilla said:
Watched the Goodwood Festival of Speed review on ITV and these lame asses didn't even interview him:

taj9du.gif

:bow Damon :bow

Williams FW18 in GT5 please.

If they put the FW18 I'm buying five copies of GT5, it's one of my all time fav F1 cars. I'd love to see the FW16 and the McLaren MP4 too :)

I think it is safe to say the cars are amazing looking,I just hope the environments are improved as they do look a little dated on some of the tracks.But I trust PD will surpass my expectations.

bob_100

Banned
Those screens are absolutely stunning, especially the detail and reflections in the headlamps. I can't believe that some people are saying forza 3 looks better than GT5. I personally think GT5 Prologue looks better than Forza 3.

Bring on GT5!!:D

bob_100 said:
Those screens are absolutely stunning, especially the detail and reflections in the headlamps. I can't believe that some people are saying forza 3 looks better than GT5. I personally think GT5 Prologue looks better than Forza 3.

Bring on GT5!!:D

Welcome to GAF, people have agendas here, get used to it.

RavenFox

Banned
AranhaHunter said:
That's what we hope for, but it's not confirmed.
Is there anything that GT5 has that you like? I mean really give the game credit it deserves it. The GT series has made everyone else step it up.

SolidSnakex said:
Polyphony is always looking into details that you probably don't really need, but they're realistic so they want it in. For example, this is what Kaz wants to do with the weather

http://motortrend.automotive.com/90783/112-0711-kazunori-yamauchi-gran-turismo-5/track-modeling.html

Now would anyone complain if rain was in GT5 but it didn't do what he said? I really doubt it. But it's realistic so they want it in.
That would be to insane to comprehend.

RavenFox said:
Is there anything that GT5 has that you like? I mean really give the game credit it deserves it. The GT series has made everyone else step it up.

I don't know what you mean?

GT5 is the main reason I bought a PS3 and I'm still waiting for it

just fired up prologue and sweet jesus

2v8510m.jpg

the detail in these two cars is nuts, gimme the photomode now.

i hope they drop the default camera angles and give us total freedom with the camera.

anybody willing to setup a new gt5:p tt?

thejared

Wax Free Vanilla said:
just fired up prologue and sweet jesus

2v8510m.jpg

the detail in these two cars is nuts, gimme the photomode now.

i hope they drop the default camera angles and give us total freedom with the camera.

anybody willing to setup a new gt5:p tt?

naww, i think you should focus on getting your Supercar Challenge circle jerk set up with you and the two other guys interested. good day

thejared

SolidSnakex said:
I've always liked this shot

gt518.jpg

you know what's so amazing about GT5 and that shot shows it off perfectly, is all of the cars body panels look as if they are individually modeled pieces put together to create the car and where the seams are, the edges blend naturally and realistically. the interiors are no different, the seams and stitching look natural and real.

older GT's and all other racing games today just ultimately draw lines in black where the seams run inside and out.

i am convinced what we are witnessing here is the most passionate developers in the business putting their talent to good use to present unrivaled excellency.

thejared

Wax Free Vanilla said:

i never understood your constant hating on this game while relentlessly pushing Ferrari Challenge. i kept asking myself, how can anyone "hate" Gran Turismo?

i always figured you were some PR or tester for that company, trying to ensure your job security for atleast another year.

I don't know how any racing sim/car fan can hate Gran Turismo.

Maybe not like it the most, but for car fans it's a complete wank fest of joy (largely down to how many cars it typically includes). Then the amount of tracks, coupled with attention to detail.

Plus the Top Gear Test track this time around, that is just pure win. Top Gear <3

AndyD

aka andydumi
thejared said:
naww, i think you should focus on getting your Supercar Challenge circle jerk set up with you and the two other guys interested. good day

?? How do we report crap like this ??

AndyD

aka andydumi
thejared said:
you know what's so amazing about GT5 and that shot shows it off perfectly, is all of the cars body panels look as if they are individually modeled pieces put together to create the car and where the seams are, the edges blend naturally and realistically. the interiors are no different, the seams and stitching look natural and real.

older GT's and all other racing games today just ultimately draw lines in black where the seams run inside and out.

I think one of the interviews said they wanted to do this, or maybe they did do this for the damage model. Each part of the body to be separately modeled, no more one piece skins.

thejared said:

You are the worst fucking junior who got approved. I hope you get banned like no tomorrow. All you do is complain

AndyD said:
I think one of the interviews said they wanted to do this, or maybe they did do this for the damage model. Each part of the body to be separately modeled, no more one piece skins.

Yeah they did it. Kaz was asked if the customization was deeper this time around and he pulled up a Skyline model and pointed out how every part of the car is now individually modeled so that is now possible.

Melfice7

SolidSnakex said:
"There are many many things we'd still like to work on - that we can't get our heads around - but let's say in real life, you're driving and you hit a thunderstorm and suddenly it starts raining. And then it clears up. Sun is coming through the clouds. The car in front of you is creating a water screen and sun rays are hitting it. Not just the weather aspect, but the replication of that - you know, the waterscreen that the car in front of you creates, and the way it sparkles. Things like that."

Meh looking at this i'd say it won't have weather :<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom