• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 announced..weather, night racing all tracks, HD Youtube uploads, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

avaya

For me and several people I know Gran Turismo is the only thing that matters on console and in gaming in general, almost like everything else is irrelevant.

I have a an unopened RE5 copy, unopened Crysis Warhead, barely touched KZ2. My PS3 is only used as a Blu-ray player these days or to look pretty reflecting the HD picture off the TV. UC2 piqued my interest but still that looks tedious. MWF2 looked interesting for all of 5s before I realised it's just another FPS. It's all about the GT experience.

I would love to see them release it this Christmas but I doubt it, I reckon Spring 2010.

Watched the Goodwood Festival of Speed review on ITV and these lame asses didn't even interview him:

taj9du.gif

:bow Damon :bow

Williams FW18 in GT5 please.

nib95

Banned
My Logitech G25 wheel finally arrived today, bought it from PLAY with the half price deal. Man, awesome! Played GT5P solid today. You really get an entirely new found sense of appreciation for the game. Completely different game with the wheel. Not only do flaws and differences in vehicles shine infinitely more, but you end up battling the car/track the entire time due to the crazy force feedback and accurate response of drive.

Brilliant fun. Love using the clutch with full manual sequential gearbox. Can't beat it.

On a side note, I swear Yamauichi made the Nissan GTR too good in this game lol. You don't notice so much with a controller, but use a wheel and wow. It handles incredibly well. Where other vehicles understeer, oversteer, lose traction too easily etc. This thing sticks to the road with an insane amount of precision. I guess it is in line with what Jeremy Clarkson said about the car in Top Gear though.

Man, I need me a GTR.

Man I wish PD would announce a date and details, and Logitech would let loose with the G27. I was just thinking today if GT5 is really going to be the complete package (and released this year) I'll skip F3 and that crazy expensive Fanatec Porsche wheel to save me some money. Rally, NASCAR, and possible F1 is all I need to keep me happy for a long time.

What's the latest that they can announce GT5 and still have it out this year? I'm thinking if we don't hear anything concrete by TGS (September 24-27), we might as well accept that it'll only come next year.

spwolf

AranhaHunter said:
What's the latest that they can announce GT5 and still have it out this year? I'm thinking if we don't hear anything concrete by TGS (September 24-27), we might as well accept that it'll only come next year.

thats how they announced GT5P

Chris R

Anyone know if they are making the system any quicker for getting into a new car and picking a track? Right now it can take like 2 minuets to leave one track, swap cars, and then find the right location to pick the next track I want and then pay the 5cr fee for a free practice in GT4.

GameStop has changed the date in their system yet again... to December 1st.

Edit:

Seems the changes haven't hit GameStop.com yet. I'm not sure why that happens. Two days after we changed the date to December 21st, it still said May on GameStop.com as well.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
makingmusic476 said:

Edit:

Seems the changes haven't hit GameStop.com yet. I'm not sure why that happens. Two days after we changed the date to December 21st, it still said May on GameStop.com as well.

So, a placeholder then.

Ranger X

makingmusic476 said:

Edit:

Their website and their store system isn't link and doesn't update at the same time or automatically.

amar212

From GTPlanet, when we talk about graphics of Prologue:

34405352.jpg

and this:

dsc00417djp.jpg

dsc00418h.jpg

Both examples form the in-game replay, replay paused and than picture taken straight from the screen.

So, when we talk about detials and similar, just to put some things into perspective.

Prologue BTW - NOT GT5.

Kudos to Sony55 and blademask for pictures.

BeeDog

amar212 said:

*snip*

and this:

*snip*

Both examples form the in-game replay, replay paused and than picture taken straight from the screen.

So, when we talk about detials and similar, just to put some things into perspective.

Prologue BTW - NOT GT5.

Talk about a waste of time actually modelling/texturing such miniscule details. :p

Still pretty damn awesome.

Forsete

Gold Member
A bit overexposed. :p

VyvwSznut.jpg

Can only make out Dynamic

One more, I hope they fix the shadow on the F-40 cuz its one seeeexy car.

GOXyeEjhL.jpg

amar212 said:

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/6715/34405352.jpg

and this:

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/923/dsc00417djp.jpg
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/7396/dsc00418h.jpg

Prologue BTW - NOT GT5.

I dare you. I double dare you to post this in "that other" racegame's topic. :lol
There's quite some bickering about something very similar.

Talk about coincidence.

dalin80

Banned
its unlikely the full game will look much better, any headway they made in the engine was probably spent on extra effects.

the graphics are fine anyway, the cars are probably overdone.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
PjotrStroganov said:
I dare you. I double dare you to post this in "that other" racegame's topic. :lol
Who came up with this "that other game" crap anyway? It seems to be nothing more than playground immaturity.. bit similar to the whole "He Who Must Not be Named" junk from Harry Potter because they were scared of stating the name Voldemort outright.

DuckRacer

Whee, a racing thread without complete idiots crapping it up.

Sony's Gamescom conference is 3 hours long. I wonder what they're going to fill it with...? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom