• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Exclusive – 14 Corvette Stingray Free on PSN

Respawn

Banned
ibr0W1DJikQj1V.gif

PD are gods when it comes to trailers.

Wait until PS4. Beyond dreams bro

magawolaz

I'm curious about this too. Also, where do I view downloadable content?
You'll get the car from the "delivery truck" once you installed the car from the Store.
The download/install of DLCs is a little different from other games, you need to install the content twice: http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt5/store/

And I notice theres server maintainance tomorrow too.
Server maintenance because of the patch :p

nice! i thought they were done with dlc? is there any more big updates in the pipeline?
Spec 3.0

Believe.

WHAT???? Seven hours???

I got into GT5 pretty late (about a month before spec 2.0 came out). My PS3 is connected via ethernet and it took roughly 1 hour for all the updates.

I plugged the game in today & was greeted with updates that too an hour to download & install.

I only took a break from this game a short while ago too. I can't imagine downloading ALL the updates at one time. 7 hours seems reasonable.

Rflagg

Been a couple months since I booted gt5 as the only things have have left single player wise are grinding for levels/cars and the 24 hour endurance races. This gives me enough reason. 8)

Omega Boost 2 trailer will be epic.

you are so delusional...you keep begging for folklore 2, omega boost 2 and probably some other dead sony ip's that will never see the light of day. Dunno if this is stealth trolling or if you really believe these games will be developed.

vitacola

I plugged the game in today & was greeted with updates that too an hour to download & install.

I only took a break from this game a short while ago too. I can't imagine downloading ALL the updates at one time. 7 hours seems reasonable.
Especially if you're sporting a 2Mbit DSL connection. Well, and I had to update the PS3 ("old" slim).

Archon473

Is GT5 okay these days? At launch it was a trainwreck.

A news memo was added Friday indicating maintenance scheduled for 1/15, 15:00 to 17:00 EST. Maybe expect to download the car later tomorrow night or Wednesday. Beyond that, GT5 has been running perfect for the past two months.

Ranger X

Man, the fear of bankruptcy bring the best out of humans. General Motors is now even making a badass new Corvette that actually looks good and might be a great sports car for once!

Piggus

Hnnnnnnngg. I'm getting a Playseat Revolution on Wednesday. Gonna use it with a Fanatec 911 GT3 RS Wheel and Buttkicker. Cannot waaaaiit.

Im happy to see the car industry releaving its new cars with Gran Turismo and Forza and happy to have them early without having to wait until the next title.

About the car itself, i dont like it, doesnt seem like a Corvette, looks like a F12 Berlineta with the Camaro SS tail. C6 Z06 is my favorite by far.

Novid

Banned
Man, the fear of bankruptcy bring the best out of humans. General Motors is now even making a badass new Corvette that actually looks good and might be a great sports car for once!

well if they only nationalized the banks like they did 75% of the car business - we wouldnt be going through debt celings.

Yeah, it was the XL edition. Any differences between XL and vanilla that I can't download for free?

You'll get the Scion and the C7 for free in vanilla. XL will get you those along with 19 cars, additional racing gear, paint and two tracks (Spa and Kart Space).

Came in here to complain about the lack of new tracks and annoy Murphy with it, but then I saw Willow Springs.

Well done, PD.
Well done.

Now bring it.

Cant find ANYWHERE online what does GT5 XL come with as far as DLC goes. I need the exact list to see if its worth it to buy XL new from Wal mart or just a random used GT5 on ebay or locally.

Is Special Route X included?

otapnam

Cant find ANYWHERE online what does GT5 XL come with as far as DLC goes. I need the exact list to see if its worth it to buy XL new from Wal mart or just a random used GT5 on ebay or locally.

including the game, you basically get $20 to get gt5 dlc if im not mistaken

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt5/dlc/

XL includes the Paint Pack, Racing Gear Pack, Racing Car Pack 1&2 and Course Pack. You can click on each of them to get a detailed list of what they include.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm kinda pissed that the DLC so far nearly costs as much as the game/XL is now

Like $12 for paint and costumes that you won't really see if you're in the damn car. WTF?

$15 for cars, but since those are premium, I kinda expect the "premium" tax. But they did give out three cars for $.99 so I can't really complain there. But the track pricing is just as bad.

I'm kinda pissed that the DLC so far nearly costs as much as the game/XL is now

Like $12 for paint and costumes that you won't really see if you're in the damn car. WTF?

$15 for cars, but since those are premium, I kinda expect the "premium" tax. But they did give out three cars for $.99 so I can't really complain there. But the track pricing is just as bad.

Considering the detail of Spa and the Kart Space, I can't say that 5 bucks for it is expensive. I wish they'd port more older tracks from GT4.

Top Bottom