• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Exclusive – 14 Corvette Stingray Free on PSN

Perkel

Banned
Someone make a new thread new thread for new news. It don't belong here

edit:

ok i will make it since there is no response

-Amon-

8378474516_6d02abe3b1_z.jpg

8377515163_56ddc0035e_z.jpg

8378477010_f65fa5b8ce_z.jpg

That's what you get for NOT outsourcing.

Stunning.

You don't know if it is calculated into driving model. Wheels don't have other side rendered in GT5 and still work.

physics_steering.academy

getSettingInfoGenericCar
getSettingInfoSuspension
getSettingInfoRacingModify
getSettingInfoSteer
getSettingInfoDriveTrain
getSettingInfoGear
getSettingInfoWing
getSettingData
setSettingData
getGearRatioTuningRange
buildGearRatioData
buildEngineData
getGTPerformanceIndex
getWeight
getGearRatioInfo
powerModifyRatio
weightModifyRatio
FrontRideheight
RearRideheight
FrontSpringRate
RearSpringRate
FrontDamperF1B
FrontDamperF2B
FrontDamperF1R
FrontDamperF2R
RearDamperF1B
RearDamperF2B
RearDamperF1R
RearDamperF2R
FrontToe
RearToe
FrontCamber
RearCamber
Param4WD
FrontABS
RearABS
FrontCl
RearCl
GearReverse
Gear1st
Gear2nd
Gear3rd
Gear4th
Gear5th
Gear6th
Gear7th
Gear8th
Gear9th
Gear10th
Gear11th
FinalGearRatio
steerLimit
FrontBrakeBalanceLevel
RearBrakeBalanceLevel
ABSCorneringControlLevel
finalgearMIN
finalgearMAX
finalgearDF
ExtraFinalGearRatio
maxspeedMIN
maxspeedMAX
maxspeedDF
ExtraFinalGearUsage
LowGearPos
ReverseGearPos
GearPattern
iflywheel
enginebrake
iwheelF
iwheelR
drivetype
type4WD
param4WDMIN
param4WDMAX
param4WDDF
steerlimit
steerlimitMin
steerlimitMax
weighteffect
treadF.width.dwidth
treadR.width.dwidth
lighteffect
clMINF
clMAXF
clDFF
clMINR
clMAXR
clDFR
wheeloffsetF
wheeloffsetR
susarmF
susarmR
yaweffect
ActiveWingType
ActiveWingVelocity1
ActiveWingVelocity2
ActiveWingMovingSpeed
ActiveWingDownForce

rideheightMINF
rideheightMAXF
rideheightDFF

rideheightMINR
rideheightMAXR
rideheightDFR

camberMINF
camberMAXF
camberDFF

camberMINR
camberMAXR
camberDFR

strokecamberF
strokecamberR

cmbgripFx1
cmbgripFx2
cmbgripFx3
cmbgripFx4

cmbgripFy1
cmbgripFy2
cmbgripFy3
cmbgripFy4

cmbgripRx1
cmbgripRx2
cmbgripRx3
cmbgripRx4

cmbgripRy1
cmbgripRy2
cmbgripRy3
cmbgripRy4

toeMINF
toeMAXF
toeDFF

toeMINR
toeMAXR
toeDFR

brmarginF
brmarginR

brtouchF
brtouchR

limrF
limrR

springratevol

springrateMINF
springrateMAXF
springrateDFF

springrateMINR
springrateMAXR
springrateDFR

leverratioDFF
leverratioDFR

bumprubberF
bumprubberR

bumprubberDMF
bumprubberDMR

dampV1BF
dampV1BR
dampV2BF
dampV2BR
dampV1RF
dampV1RR
dampV2RF
dampV2RR

damplevelBF
dampF1BMINF
dampF1BMAXF
dampF1BDFF
dampF2BMINF
dampF2BMAXF
dampF2BDFF

damplevelRF
dampF1RMINF
dampF1RMAXF
dampF1RDFF
dampF2RMINF
dampF2RMAXF
dampF2RDFF

damplevelBR
dampF1BMINR
dampF1BMAXR
dampF1BDFR
dampF2BMINR
dampF2BMAXR
dampF2BDFR

damplevelRR
dampF1RMINR
dampF1RMAXR
dampF1RDFR
dampF2RMINR
dampF2RMAXR
dampF2RDFR

unsprungmassF
unsprungmassR

stabilizerFlevel
stabilizerMINF
stabilizerMAXF
stabilizerDFF

stabilizerRlevel
stabilizerMINR
stabilizerMAXR
stabilizerDFR

ActiveSuspensionType

Have they made an LFA trailer?

I remember this TMS 09 video that Lexus made. So good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDsXsdNgov0

No, the LFA debuted in that leaked Red Bull trailer.

Just more confirmation!
KuGsj.gif

Only partly kidding. I can appreciate the technical side of Pagani's cars, but always hated the designs. Opinions!

I've just always loved the futuristic look at Pagani's have. And the interiors are ridiculous. But the McLaren F1 is probably still my favorite supercar. I spend a ton of time with the stealth model in GT5.

Haven't played gts in months. did they improve the sound of the cars?

if not then, no thanks jeff.

I keep hearing people say this. Seriously folks.. what are you using for your sound? TV speakers? On my 5.1 it's the best sound I've come across in a racing game thus far.

Edit:
No one has this car yet? Where are the photo mode shots???

Edit:

People have it. Some GTplanet users are commenting that you really can't touch the car at all (no modifying). I guess Chevy just doesn't want it being seen in anything other than it regular form right now.

TEH-CJ

Banned
I keep hearing people say this. Seriously folks.. what are you using for your sound? TV speakers? On my 5.1 it's the best sound I've come across in a racing game thus far.

Edit:

Samsung 7.1 with pcm audio.

My real life car is a R33 gtr. The GT5 counterpart sounds like a blender in comparison.

Its not even close to the real thing.

I've just always loved the futuristic look at Pagani's have. And the interiors are ridiculous. But the McLaren F1 is probably still my favorite supercar. I spend a ton of time with the stealth model in GT5.

I'd probably like the design more if the cars had a larger front. The short front always bothers me. It kinda looks like it crashed into a wall.

That's what you get for NOT outsourcing.

Stunning.

I disagree completely, thats what you get when you have great artist for the lighning and you can take lots of time to work in the models.
The outsourcing companies that have been working in Forza since Forza 2 DLC have done a great job, i have seen some amazing renders using the Forza assets, its the color calibration, the use of shadows and lighning where Polyphony Digital is much better and thats why all looks more realistic.

Polyphony needs to outsource or hire lots of new 3d artists to avoid another standard-cars fiasco.

-----------------------------------------

NSX trailer was very pretty and welldone. I like the car a lot (except for the most horrible rims ever) but doesnt look like a NSX at all, it just a nice car but nothing to do with the original, without the name i dont think anyone could recongnise any element from 90s version.

TTG

Is this out yet? I did a bunch of laps with the prototype/mule yesterday in anticipation, I wonder how alike they will be. Obviously, the test car has 6 gears(geared like the standard c6, so no extra tall 1st gear like the z06 and 5th/6th are mostly useless), but the rest of the stats seem accurate.

Not that it means much, but I thought the car was a bit boring to drive. Well balanced and all, but a little boring. Then again, I have put a ton of time into GT5.

IISANDERII

First time in the car and freakin I won. 5 laps at Laguna Seca in a predominantly French room, 510pp.
Started 3rd but then 1st place spun at corkscrew in his NSX while 2nd place GTR couldn't seem to maintain consistent pace and I managed to out brake him into turn 1.
Last lap was a biter as a Spanish dude was gaining fast in an M3.

It's an alright car with good neutral handling but you can't tune it at all. No suspension, gearbox, not even paint or wheel changes. The only thing you can add is Chassis Reinforcements. I'd complain if it wasn't free.

amar212

It is pre-production prototype (notice the actual name of the car), not production model.

Once we get production model, it will be unlocked for everything.

ascii42

I drove a couple speedway practiced laps to get a feel for it, then I tried the Nurburgring with it and I sucked. I've been playing too many arcade racing games lately. Gran Turismo doesn't play much like Outrun 2 or Cruisin' USA.

commedieu

Banned
Why do people still complain about GT's tyre model... its not as if GT isn't putting people into actual race cars and events, alongside GT games training... and the lead developer is also a competing driver. Its as if people that drive in GT, would just explode inside of a real car on a track, or the road.

I know I've learned most of my street-driving skill from GT. Balancing a real car is different than videogames... Not sure why this is always an issue. What does GT's tyre model do to drivers that invisible walls don't?

GT's perfected everything, but air in the tires? That sounds strawlike.

Top Bottom