• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Exclusive – 14 Corvette Stingray Free on PSN

TTG

I don't get the point of the 7th gear, assuming GT5 has the correct numbers. It redlines at 143ish in 4th and my c6 is at 146, give or take 100rpm. 5th is still tall and now there are 2 gears for fuel economy. Why? So I can cruise at 2100rpm at 100mph in 7th? Odd.

The only difference from the camo version that noticed it it's a little easier to get the rear end to step out, which I like. Anyway, thanks to Polyphony, this is really cool to try their take on an upcoming car, for free, 2 days after the official reveal.

Some very amazing shots at GT Planet! Wow!

Credit to emula from GTplanet

1htkjo.jpg

2cdjqe.jpg

3zzkz8.jpg

417jcl.jpg

I love GT, and I love GT5 but I'd really appreciate Yamauchi making a game next gen that could support in gameplay what it can render in videos. It's like Polyphony is just creating engines to support the creation of these videos now... the performance of the game seems pretty secondary. I know GT5 came a long way since release, but that's not really a precedent we should be supporting.

As much as I love watching these demo videos, it's always a bit disappointing to fire up the actual game and have it consistently not measure up.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I love GT, and I love GT5 but I'd really appreciate Yamauchi making a game next gen that could support in gameplay what it can render in videos. It's like Polyphony is just creating engines to support the creation of these videos now... the performance of the game seems pretty secondary. I know GT5 came a long way since release, but that's not really a precedent we should be supporting.

As much as I love watching these demo videos, it's always a bit disappointing to fire up the actual game and have it consistently not measure up.
Im pretty sure they are creating these highly detailed cars for GT6 and just downgrading them graphically to work in GT5. That NSX trailer is a perfect example.

Spookie

Now I've got my G27 wheel of be interested in picking this up again. But how is the physics model? Tyre spots, pebbles on the road and that kind of thing are they present?

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Again, just amazing shots. And to think GT6 will probably look better than these shots during gameplay...hnnnnng.

Radec

Fucking terrible. how can they suck so much in he sound department?...how??

it must be a technical limitation with the ps3 right? maybe not enough memory to store high quality sound effects?

What a fucking overreaction this is.

Neo 007

The sounds in this game are absolutely appalling.
Until they fix it I can never play another gt game again.

Cause, you know, the most important part of driving is the sound.
I know you're trying to be sarcastic, but why do you think sound is one of the reasons electric cars are so disliked by enthusiasts? Or why F1 fans are crying over the switch from V8 to V6 + Turbo engines? Sound is very important.

Kaze13

I know you're trying to be sarcastic, but why do you think sound is one of the reasons electric cars are so disliked by enthusiasts? Or why F1 fans are crying over the switch from V8 to V6 + Turbo engines? Sound is very important.

What you are getting at is a total lack of an engine/exhaust note. That is not the case here. Sound is important of course but it is not the main reason I play this game.

Esqueleto

Banned
My biggest problem with the sound was the lack of bass unless you used the chasecam or have a good surround sound system. I did fix it a bit by setting my ps3 to only use 2 channels instead of the 5.1 it picked automatically.

benzy

How do you get the red color version? I can't even paint the car a different color.

EDIT - nvrmind, you buy it in the dealership.

:-/

My launch PS3 broke 3 months ago and tonight I wanted to install my "vanilla" GT5 on my new PS3 just to try the new Corvette. I'm not even installing the game that I have 20 (!) updates to download before even installing the game... The patch 1/20 is 608 MB big... FUUUUUUUUUUUU

I already know I won't play tonight ;_;

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus

My launch PS3 broke 3 months ago and tonight I wanted to install my "vanilla" GT5 on my new PS3 just to try the new Corvette. I'm not even installing the game that I have 20 (!) updates to download before even installing the game... The patch 1/20 is 608 MB big... FUUUUUUUUUUUU

I bought the GT5 edition with all the DLC, and started installing.

Two days later, it's done.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

You think that's bad? Try using the old-school patching system Hot Shots Golf 5: Out of Bounds uses. Want your free Toro and paid for Kratos and Sackboy golfers? Gonna have to do 6+ hours of patching with no ability to see progress! ENJOY!

Those interior shots are fucking amazing. GT6 is going to be crazy.

You think that's bad? Try using the old-school patching system Hot Shots Golf 5: Out of Bounds uses. Want your free Toro and paid for Kratos and Sackboy golfers? Gonna have to do 6+ hours of patching with no ability to see progress! ENJOY!

And some people forget about MGO (MGS4) OH GOD THE PATCHING.

Top Bottom