• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 in 3840 x 2160 resolution.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
UntoldDreams said:
And your contribution to this thread is to mock people? Neat. I wish everyone would only post to mock someone. Helpful cand nice ommunity posters should be banned 4 life.
It was a joke. Relax.

b.e.r.g

Thats some funky fps calculations... dont let math fool you kids, it's still 60 fps.

The res is hawt though :) Might aswell buy a PC for that sort of things though.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
UntoldDreams said:
And your contribution to this thread is to mock people? Neat. I wish everyone would only post to mock someone. Helpful cand nice ommunity posters should be banned 4 life.

SERIOUS BUSINESS! :lol

Ranger X

What a waste of time.

Time that could be used in something usefull like GT5.

Also it pisses me off anytime I hear about techies out there and their resolution and FPS power trip. I agree it's important but it can't go exponentially forever. It's useless.

The last home configuration for audio/video that will matter (while they WILL try to sell you something supposedly better) is something in 1080p @ 60fps in 5.1 sound. (though on the sound side of things it's possible 7.1 might become the norm... like for the children of my children.)

b.e.r.g

Durante said:
The 2160p demonstration is. However, the 240fps demonstration is ... 240 fps.
... aaaaah, now I got it :)

Wow, I want to see that. To actually judge if its noticeable compared to 60fps.

Pojo

Banned
This is the kind of impractical nonsense that fanboys latch onto when trying to portray how awesome their console is because the console itself has nothing to play.

So you'll know that the system is going through a dry spell when someone brings this up in a 360 thread.

But in all seriousness? OK.

How many people will actually try this? honestly its neat that it can be done but I think its about time to show some shit that every GT5 owner will see.

DOBERMAN INC said:
How many people will actually try this? honestly its neat that it can be done but I think its about time to show some shit that every GT5 owner will see.

Uhh, I don't really think the point of this was for the average person to try it. This was basically something they put together to show off at the 10th Anniversary GT event.

Trojan X

Banned
Oh. So I need 4 PS3 and a kickass projector to enjoy this at home. So that means I would have to spend nearly £4000 to enjoy the visual experience...?

Move along.

JayRizzle

Neo Member
poppabk said:
Yawn, while the console fanboys argue over whether its true 2160p or upscaled from 1860p, PC owners will be playing full 10240x3072 res games.
http://www.plastk.net/highres/24mon/
10240x3072 quake 3

That is awesome... I will do that one day.

And they are developing junk that is way too expensive for the slumped economy to keep up with... regardless of how awesome it is...

I wanna see them make a game that packed, and then make it affordable to us budgeted gamers with bills... that would be impressive...

Farnack

Banned
Pojo said:
nothing to play.
2vsotnl.jpg

matmanx1

Very impressive. Kudo's to the PD guys for always pushing the technological envelope forward and for having such amazing models in the first place. Somewhere down the line it would be nice to reap the rewards for all their work. (translation - I want GT: 5 full release asap!) :lol

Dyne

I'm totally treading into territory I don't know about, but isn't the gameplay itself not full 1080p? Or have they changed that for the full release?

Because at this site, they say:

GT5 Prologue (demo) = 1080p mode is 1280x1080 (2xAA) in-game while the garage/pit/showrooms are 1920x1080 with no AA. 720p mode is 1280x720 (4xAA)

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=46241

I'm assuming the case here is that the actual gameplay is 1920x1080 with no AA, and then when it goes into Replay it turns into 1280x1080 with some AA?

Dyne said:
I'm totally treading into territory I don't know about, but isn't the gameplay itself not full 1080p? Or have they changed that for the full release?

Because at this site, they say:

GT5 Prologue (demo) = 1080p mode is 1280x1080 (2xAA) in-game while the garage/pit/showrooms are 1920x1080 with no AA. 720p mode is 1280x720 (4xAA)

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=46241

I'm assuming the case here is that the actual gameplay is 1920x1080 with no AA, and then when it goes into Replay it turns into 1280x1080 with some AA?
Yeah, but that's GT5P. We have no idea how GT5 is going.

RavenFox

Banned
My God thats unheard of. This machine even if it takes four is just damn amazing.

Kyoufu said:
Not enough Gamecubes were manufactured to do this anyway.
Thats ownage you cant come back from :lol

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
This is pretty fantastic :) Same goes of course for that crazy PC setup, but this is even better as you get one whole image with no separation in between each screen.

Durante

What the fuck is up with the negativity in this thread?
They decide to show off their game (and some awesome Sony hardware) at an anniversary, at the cost of maybe 2 programmer weeks, and people have nothing better to do than moan? Sometimes I really hate the anti-technology part of GAF.

Personally I'm very happy to see that they are still doing stuff like that. These kind of projects are what I like about Sony in the first place, and it's good to see that Stringer hasn't managed to completely kill off the engineering spirit in the company (so far).

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Goldrusher said:
Will I need a second PS3 for friends races?
A third for damage ?
A fourth to handle the Nürburgring ?

Put me down for an extra 50 just for the dynamic weather. :)

o05u7p.jpg

soco

i've been watching people work on stuff like this recently.

it's not on just one monitor, but aren't there already several console games that do multi-display output?

RavenFox

Banned
soco said:
i've been watching people work on stuff like this recently.

it's not on just one monitor, but aren't there already several console games that do multi-display output?
Yeah there are but not on this lvl and hardware power.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Durante said:
What the fuck is up with the negativity in this thread?
They decide to show off their game (and some awesome Sony hardware) at an anniversary, at the cost of maybe 2 programmer weeks, and people have nothing better to do than moan? Sometimes I really hate the anti-technology part of GAF.

Personally I'm very happy to see that they are still doing stuff like that. These kind of projects are what I like about Sony in the first place, and it's good to see that Stringer hasn't managed to completely kill off the engineering spirit in the company (so far).

QFT. Technical experimentation like this is something I like to see from game devs. It might seem a little elitist, but I happily associate PD with that.

Top Bottom