• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 | NeoGAF Racing League | One-off races

paskowitz

2:34.347. 33 is easily obtainable. I messed up the start, so I have about .135 there and then a little more scattered everywhere else.

I really like Spa. I seem to just get the feel for it better than some other tracks.

Kaze13

2:34.347. 33 is easily obtainable. I messed up the start, so I have about .135 there and then a little more scattered everywhere else.

I really like Spa. I seem to just get the feel for it better than some other tracks.

I hate you...lol. Jk. You, and Toxa are great motivators for me. Keep on banging those times.

paskowitz

I hate you...lol. Jk. You, and Toxa are great motivators for me. Keep on banging those times.

This is my advice. T1 brake late and trail brake in. Get the nose to rotate and full throttle on exit. Eau Rouge is flat out. Next brake about 5 feet before the curbs at the end of the camel straight. Make sure the car is to the right. Feather the left, then a small lift as you turn in for the right. Then for the Sharp right, brake just before the curbs and trail it in, feathering the throttle. For the left, down shift lift and turn in. Then the long sweeping left. Brake on the curbs, trail in and mind the understeer when throttling out. Next is the right left. Again braking is just before the curbs. Keep it to the right and full throttle out the left. Next is the double right. Small braking, down shift one and turn in. Stay 50% on the curbs and full throttle on the second right.The back stretch is full throttle until the chicane. When you get to the chicane, after you are done braking the car is going up hill, remember to full throttle at this point then lift to turn on to the finish straight.

Kaze13

This is my advice. T1 brake late and trail brake in. Get the nose to rotate and full throttle on exit. Eau Rouge is flat out. Next brake about 5 feet before the curbs at the end of the camel straight. Make sure the car is to the right. Feather the left, then a small lift as you turn in for the right. Then for the Sharp right, brake just before the curbs and trail it in, feathering the throttle. For the left, down shift lift and turn in. Then the long sweeping left. Brake on the curbs, trail in and mind the understeer when throttling out. Next is the right left. Again braking is just before the curbs. Keep it to the right and full throttle out the left. Next is the double right. Small braking, down shift one and turn in. Stay 50% on the curbs and full throttle on the second right.The back stretch is full throttle until the chicane. When you get to the chicane, after you are done braking the car is going up hill, remember to full throttle at this point then lift to turn on to the finish straight.

Eau Rouge flat out...dangerous for me, I can do that in the first 5 laps safely...then it becomes a dangerous proposition. The other tips, more or less, I already do with some adjustments due to my style of driving. Thanks for the tips! I'll not modify anything for now since it's race day tomorrow. Gonna be a blast!

Niks

FOr the new page.

Race starts in:
t1336849200z0.png

Dibbz

yeah and something mango

Got my car, thanks to Chill.

I managed a 1:35.5 but after a few laps it's down to 1:36/37's. This is a great car btw, good job on whoever picked it.

Toxa

yeah and something mango

Got my car, thanks to Chill.

I managed a 1:35.5 but after a few laps it's down to 1:36/37's. This is a great car btw, good job on whoever picked it.

thanks a lot, lorn is a gaffer, the clio trophy cup is his idea :D

Toxa

Clip Cup Part II

YXEcf.png

ibiM742MIP79Lo.jpg

Everybody is welcome to join.
BUT: practice and make sure you know the track and the car before the race, clean racing is a must in the weekly races.

Race starts in:
t1336849200z0.png

Allowed cars:
Clio Renault Sport Trophy Race car '00 (S)
Lutecia Renault Sport Trophy Race Car '00 (S)

Tuning allowed:
No tuning is allowed
Tyre Selection
Sports Soft​
Track:

Spa-Francorchamps​
Laps:
Pit Stops:
Yes
Damage
Light​
Assists
TCS, ABS
Lounge Settings:
Tyre/Fuel wear: On
Slip stream: Weak
Tyre grip reduction: Real
Players Participating (12 / 16):
  • 01 - Paskowitz
  • 02 - Toxa
  • 03 - Magawolaz
  • 04 - 2scoops
  • 05 - Niks
  • 06 - L2ounD
  • 07 - Kaze 13
  • 08 - Chillumchilla
  • 09 - Lorn
  • 10 - Dibbz
  • 11 - KaizorPenguin
  • 12 - MikeDub
  • 13 -
  • 14 -
  • 15 -
  • 16 -
  • R1 - Dubc35
  • R2 - Weekend_warrior
  • R3 -
  • R4 -
  • R5 -

Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 7.00 PM GMT
Lounge reset - 7.55 PM GMT
Qualifications start - 8.00 PM GMT
Race start 8.15 PM GMT

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

Additional rules:

No special rules this race​

Lounge:
Races will be held in the GT5NRL lounge, please add this account to your Friends list. Practice sessions will also be held in the same lounge.

Risgroo

Seriously, this fucking sucks, big time. I've been looking forward to this race, as I actually felt well prepared for this, and now my internet/Gt5 decides to crap out on me. I have no problems with my internet on any devices(which I turned off before heading to the lobby), but I still disconnect from gt5 after 30 seconds every time.

Baaallls.

dubc35

Congrats paskowitz! Great race everyone, that was fun. I spun on L14 otherwise I was hoping I could get in on the battle for 6th.

Dibbz

Seriously, this fucking sucks, big time. I've been looking forward to this race, as I actually felt well prepared for this, and now my internet/Gt5 decides to crap out on me. I have no problems with my internet on any devices(which I turned off before heading to the lobby), but I still disconnect from gt5 after 30 seconds every time.

Baaallls.

Try putting your PS3 in DMZ and turn on UPnP if you have access to your router. I was having trouble and done this and had no problems after. Give it a go.

Niks

Great race guys, it was was very entertaining for me. Awesome back and forth passing with RounD on lap 5. Then the 4way battle for second was nice too.

Anyway some pics from the first lap.

iXQFMZaPkCFfQ.jpg

iwp2Jxu4cW9NS.jpg

igWxKVjjGf3FK.jpg

iVDjKjpmra184.jpg

iHCor8XJCEmnc.jpg

ij4wsAscXxw3r.jpg

i7ikRbLxdpiGG.jpg

iB913F3cVmZd8.jpg

iPqK7hM2nPTPH.jpg

iDRUigHTQgIqw.jpg

ibkCCKHu8W5FBU.jpg

i8javrJqxszUo.jpg

i7aXEi5soadro.jpg

iYMX9NcAMUPBQ.jpg

iq4KzJj4aJVeV.jpg

ibE0HjeRkyOvw.jpg

ipTCt4ubRralP.jpg

ibdQCUadUuggIn.jpg

That was fun racing against you. Lazlow? Not so much. I bumped you a couple of times though sorry about that.

Whilst initially not sure what your point was I have just watched the replay and I was way to liberal with my use of anything but the track at eau rouge, specifically in the last half of the race so I apologise. Still don't see your complaints about the final chicane, I was taking a much different line and tried to set up the undercut on the way out but I stayed on track. Unless your issues where when I completely cut the chicane twice, one when bumped by dibbz and the second time I braked way too late but I am not sure what I could have done otherwise. Sorry once again to chillumchilla, pulled a schumacher on you at the end of the back straight, I shouldn't have been so close. Other than all that, I enjoyed myself and had a great race with Dibbz throughout.

Have we done a multi-class race yet? Leguna Seca soon too!

paskowitz

A multiclass race would be great.

Some suggestions:
- Mazda Miata TC and RX7 TC @ Laguna Seca (good combo but both are DLC cars)
- Mazda RX7 TC and 787B @ Laguna Seca (could be fun... but could also be chaos)
- Nissan 370z tuned and Nissan GTR v-spec tuned @ Fuji GT (simple choice)
- Camaro RM and Z06 RM @ Daytona Road (simple choice)
- Jaguar XJ13 and Jaguar XJR-9 LM @ La Sarthe no chicane at night (expensive cars but its an epic combo)

Kaze13

Whilst initially not sure what your point was I have just watched the replay and I was way to liberal with my use of anything but the track at eau rouge, specifically in the last half of the race so I apologise. Still don't see your complaints about the final chicane, I was taking a much different line and tried to set up the undercut on the way out but I stayed on track. Unless your issues where when I completely cut the chicane twice, one when bumped by dibbz and the second time I braked way too late but I am not sure what I could have done otherwise. Sorry once again to chillumchilla, pulled a schumacher on you at the end of the back straight, I shouldn't have been so close. Other than all that, I enjoyed myself and had a great race with Dibbz throughout.

It just sucked that I was working really hard on creating a gap and possibly working towards making progress on the front. I thought I could concentrate on that when I finally got past you and then here you come magically closing the gap on Eu Rouge. Funny enough, I draft you and move to overtake...and you overtake me again. I didn't change gearing at all so that was my fault. About the last chicane and a few times at the chicane after Eu Rouge, you ran wide and cut the corner. That by itself is fine. What is not cool is that you gained an advantage because you did not slow down. I saw this happen at the last chicane 2x and at that other one 1x.

I try to be fair minded with these things. I even stay behind people I know that I caused a problem for. Please don't take advantage of corner cutting is all im saying.

Risgroo

Hopefully I'll be able to race next weekend, I'm gonna try putting my ps3 in a DMZ when I get home, doesn't seem like too much work.

paskowitz

Multi Class Racing Camaro RM & ZR1 RM

YXEcf.png

Everybody is welcome to join.
BUT: practice and make sure you know the track and the car before the race, clean racing is a must in the weekly races.

Race starts in:
t1337454000z0.png

Allowed cars:
GT2: Chevrolet Camaro RM
GT1: Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 RM

Tuning allowed:
No tuning is allowed
Tyre Selection
Racing Hard (Camaro) & Racing Mediums (ZR1)​
Track:

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca​
Laps:
Pit Stops:
Yes
Damage
Light​
Assists
TCS, ABS
Lounge Settings:
Tyre/Fuel wear: On
Slip stream: Weak
Tyre grip reduction: Real
Players Participating (3 / 16):
  • 01 - Paskowitz GT1
  • 02 - chillumchilla GT2
  • 03 - Dibbz GT2
  • 04 -
  • 05 -
  • 06 -
  • 07 -
  • 08 -
  • 09 -
  • 10 -
  • 11 -
  • 12 -
  • 13 -
  • 14 -
  • 15 -
  • 16 -
  • R1 -
  • R2 -
  • R3 -
  • R4 -
  • R5 -

Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 6.00 PM GMT
Lounge reset - 6.55 PM GMT
Qualifications start - 7.00 PM GMT
Race start 7.15 PM GMT

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

Additional rules:

Camaro gets RH. Vette RM. There should be an equal amount of Camaros and ZR1s. As a result please state which car you prefer (1.____ 2. ____ ). If there is an imbalance, I may have to assign you the other car. If you feel you are a slightly less experience driver or have trouble controlling higher power cars with a controller, you advised to choose the Camaro.

Lounge:
Races will be held in the GT5NRL lounge, please add this account to your Friends list. Practice sessions will also be held in the same lounge.

You should have some requirements for the different classes. For example, whoever is on the top 10 of the NRL friends list on the GT Academy tests is allowed to use the Corvette , the rest use the Camaro.

Also, what's a ZM tire? :p

Dibbz

Sounds great. Sign me up. Should be an action packed race with having to deal with a different class of cars flying through.

Stick me in the GT2 category.

Top Bottom