• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 | NeoGAF Racing League | One-off races

2scoops

Excellent choices. As much as i love using that Vette on my own time, i'll be the first to say i'm no where good enough to use it online. GT2 Camaro it is please, i'm in.

paskowitz

Multi Class Racing Camaro RM & ZR1 RM

YXEcf.png

dcZsNl.jpg

Everybody is welcome to join.
BUT: practice and make sure you know the track and the car before the race, clean racing is a must in the weekly races.

If you are not familiar with the track please view this post.

Race starts in:
t1337454000z0.png

Allowed cars:
GT2: Chevrolet Camaro RM
GT1: Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 RM

Tuning allowed:
No tuning is allowed
Tyre Selection
Racing Hard (Camaro) & Racing Mediums (ZR1)​
Track:

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca​
Laps:
Pit Stops:
Yes
Damage
Light​
Assists
TCS, ABS
Lounge Settings:
Tyre/Fuel wear: On
Slip stream: Weak
Tyre grip reduction: Real
Players Participating (7 / 16) (4/8 GT1) (5/8 GT2):
  • 01 - Screw you messed up schedule :(
  • 02 - chillumchilla GT2
  • 03 - Dibbz GT2
  • 04 - 2scoops GT2
  • 05 - MikeDub GT2
  • 06 - KaizorPenguin GT1
  • 07 - weekend_warrior GT2
  • 08 - l2ounD GT1
  • 09 - Niks GT1
  • 10 - magawolaz GT1
  • 11 -
  • 12 -
  • 13 -
  • 14 -
  • 15 -
  • 16 -
  • R1 - dubc35 GT2
  • R2 - FootballFan GT1
  • R3 -
  • R4 -
  • R5 -

Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 6.00 PM GMT
Lounge reset - 6.55 PM GMT
Qualifications start - 7.00 PM GMT
Race start 7.15 PM GMT

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

Additional rules:

Camaro gets RH. Vette RM. There should be an equal amount of Camaros and ZR1s. As a result please state which car you prefer (1.____ 2. ____ ). If there is an imbalance, I may have to assign you the other car. If you feel you are a slightly less experience driver or have trouble controlling higher power cars with a controller, you advised to choose the Camaro.

Lounge:
Races will be held in the GT5NRL lounge, please add this account to your Friends list. Practice sessions will also be held in the same lounge.

Yeah but, this is GT5, if everything worked as real life all our races wouldn't have as much incidents.

I don't see how that particular video is any relevant. Both cars are on the same class. And the ease the other classes pass by, that's exactly what I don't see happening in GT5. But we'll see. Hope I won't be going "I told you so" afterwards :p

Other than being at the same track and awesome it wasn't really. Agreed on the passing aspect, we should get some clear guidelines for this one but that would be true of any track.

paskowitz

Yeah but, this is GT5, if everything worked as real life all our races wouldn't have as much incidents.

I don't see how that particular video is any relevant. Both cars are on the same class. And the ease the other classes pass by, that's exactly what I don't see happening in GT5. But we'll see. Hope I won't be going "I told you so" afterwards :p

This image should help drivers who are not familiar with the track.

Green is an ideal passing zone. There is plenty of room at these turns.

Yellow is a risky passing zone. You should only attempt to pass here if you are in a higher class car or your opponent makes a large mistake. It is not advisable to overtake here.

Red is a zone you should never overtake on. This are is very tight and high speed. Passing here will likely result in contact and or an accident.

i7aEQl.png

In general at Laguna Seca, the hardest part is passing a car and making the exit. Turns tend to close their radius making it very hard to complete a clean pass / stay on the track. Turns 2 and 5 are by far the best overtaking zones. If you are not experienced you should only try to overtake there. The corkscrew is an ideal location, if you can get on this inside. Passing on the outside is never a good idea. The hairpin is good only because of its slow speed. If you are overtaking/get overtaken there you must stay in your lane. IE you try to pass on the inside, you exit on the inside. The same is true for defending.

dubc35

I'll take a reserve spot in the Camaro please. Sorry about being on reserve but we've finally started to get some good weather and I can't say for certain I'll want to be gaming when/if it's nice out.

It should be a great race though, I'm interested to see how the multi-class race goes. I always wanted multi-class a-spec races in GT.

Probably a stupid clarification question about tuning: So...buy car, perform racing mod and buy tires, that's it right? No oil changes or driveline (transmission, LSD) tuning.

I'll take a reserve spot in the Camaro please. Sorry about being on reserve but we've finally started to get some good weather and I can't say for certain I'll want to be gaming when/if it's nice out.

It should be a great race though, I'm interested to see how the multi-class race goes. I always wanted multi-class a-spec races in GT.

Probably a stupid clarification question about tuning: So...buy car, perform racing mod and buy tires, that's it right? No oil changes or driveline (transmission, LSD) tuning.

Oil changes don't work on Race Mods, but yeah, basically, don't buy anything extra for the car.

Risgroo

Fine with me, I'd probably just drive around by myself, ahead of the GT2 guys but behind the other GT1's. If we had 12 or so people a multiclass race would be cool, but now it'll just break the already small field up.

magawolaz

I believe I'll be able to race this weekend :) sign me up please!

GT1 or GT2 is the same, I'll probably end up last - as always :lol

Let's say GT1, I see there are only a few with the Corvette.

Niks

Sign me up. Either car is fine.
Although I agree that the grid will be just even more so spaced out.

I would be fine with just camaros.

Risgroo

Ugh, so I've been trying to run my PS3 through DMZ, and while I think I've done it I don't see any difference on the PS3 network status. Should my NAT type(2) or speed change? I'm useless with this, sorry.
If I can't figure it out we should try a difference host than last time.

Risgroo

That's what I've always had though, not sure if the DMZ is actually working. Now I can't access my router settings either, but my internet works fine on all devices. I'll just reset the router if I need to change something.

I really hope I can finish the race without disconnecting this time.

In the NRL Lounge doing practice if anyone wants to join.

edit: If you get stopped from entering the track because of restricted tuning check your trans setting, for some reason my brand new Camaro RM had the trans setting changed from stock.

paskowitz

I will be there a little later. Hopefully people are still around.

Awesome to learn at 11:43pm that I will not be able to make it to my own race tomorrow. Awesome.

Risgroo

pasko :(

So are we still going for multiclass or Camaro only? Any is fine with me, I'm just a little worried that we won't get close racing with the multiclass setup, maybe we should try a practice race and make a decision based on that?

pasko :(

So are we still going for multiclass or Camaro only? Any is fine with me, I'm just a little worried that we won't get close racing with the multiclass setup, maybe we should try a practice race and make a decision based on that?

Multi-class = lots of overtakes = close racing :p Specially on such a small track.

magawolaz

That was a great race, especially the first couple of laps, too bad I had to quit.
Sorry to whoever I hit at the exit of the pit-stop, there was autopilot on and I couldn't brake or turn until the very last second.

paskowitz

Glad to see the race go off. Sorry I could not join. We should do a Nurburgring 24hr type race next weekend. 24 laps of the 24hr circuit all in unmodified kazmobiles. Weather, and a calculated TOD cycle so we get one full day to night transition during the race.

Also we need to start organizing the NRL into seasons. It would be nice if we could have an organized leaderboard as well. Ultimately I think it would be great if we could do something like what the GAF F1 2011 group does.

You mean a video recap or just the seasons? Cause we had the seasons.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=413274

paskowitz

You mean a video recap or just the seasons? Cause we had the seasons.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=413274

I do not think we need to do pres set races and teams, but I definitely think we should have a leaderboard (like the GT Academy thread). We should also do seasonal video recaps (Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall) We should see if we can find volunteers to help make the video. I do not have a PVR, but I would be willing do sift through everything and help with the editing. \

Also thoughts on my Nurb race idea?

I do not think we need to do pres set races and teams, but I definitely think we should have a leaderboard (like the GT Academy thread). We should also do seasonal video recaps (Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall) We should see if we can find volunteers to help make the video. I do not have a PVR, but I would be willing do sift through everything and help with the editing. \

Also thoughts on my Nurb race idea?

24 laps?! 8 - 12 laps seems alright to me.

Top Bottom