• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 | NeoGAF Racing League | One-off races

ashk

What is the point that anyone is allowed to change tyres? 1% water on track? 20% water on track? And then when are you required to change back to sports? That is what I meant by ambiguous.

Since the rule says that intermediate tyres are only allowed "during inclement weather" I assumed that they are superior to sports tyres. So then different people might interpret "inclement weather" differently and change to intermediates and gain an advantage. There is also a possibility of brief showers, during which some people might change tyres, while others (who may have already passed the pit lane for example) stay on sports and lose out.

This is all under the assumption that intermediates are overall better than sports though. I haven't done any testing at all, so if what you say is true and intermediates have no advantage over sports tyres, then the rule to only allow them during inclement weather is superfluous and just makes things unnecessarily complicated.

Sign me up, I am fine with heavy damage but I can imagine we would end up with a very low finishing number, 12 laps is crazy enough on light.

The Golf race was great fun, I think we should save that car as the lower class for whenever we do the multi class race.

Niks

for the new page, I propose 4 races (3 laps each).... otherwise it will be just everyone running by themselves.

l2ounD

^Same.

Count me in!

I like the seasonal league thing to. I have a capture setup in my closet I can dust off to capture some footage too if someone knows how to edit.

FootballFan

Count me in, hopefully this time we get more than four racers. Should be a lot fun on a track this long. I'm assuming most people will be pitting every two laps or so. Im horrible at managing my tires, so ill probably pit every lap.

Just an update to say I'm defo in.

Just had a quick razz with the Nissan GT-R N24 Schulze Motor Sports '11 and Sports Soft tyres... Oh my. It's just superb. I'm really looking forward to whatever the race is.

I'd also be tempted to say stick with Sports Tyres only if there really is little difference in the wet.

paskowitz

2hrs of Nurburgring Endurance Race

YXEcf.png

S7bUml.jpg
ibi82zMANES7j7.gif

Everybody is welcome to join.
BUT:It is not called "The Green Hell" for nothing. Practice and make sure you know the track and the car before the race, clean racing is a must in the weekly races.

Race starts in:
t1338660000z0.png
*​
*Time is subject to change based on interest and availability

Allowed cars:

Nissan GT-R N24 Schulze Motor Sports '11​

Tuning allowed:
Non PP tuning is allowed but cars will be HP (500hp) and Weight (1505kg) Limited. Please make sure your car is at these numbers.
Tyre Selection
Sports Medium or Sports Softs. Racing Inters/Wets are allowed if you feel you cannot control the car in wet weather with Sports tires. Otherwise you can just use Sports tires. Racing hards through softs are not allowed.​
Track:
Nurburgring 24 Hour Circuit Time and Weather Change​
Laps:
~12
Weather:
Variable: Level 1
Time Change:
Scale set to ~12
Pit Stops:
Yes
Damage
Light​
Assists
TCS, ABS
Lounge Settings:
Tyre/Fuel wear: On
Slip stream: Weak
Tyre grip reduction: Real
Players Participating (13 / 16) 12 Person minimum!
  • 01 - paskowitz
  • 02 - Toxa
  • 03 - asclepio_gtr
  • 04 - 2scoops
  • 05 - BradleyLove
  • 06 - FootballFan
  • 07 - MikeDub
  • 08 - SunhiLegend
  • 09 - Dibbz
  • 10 - RounD
  • 11 - Niks
  • 12 - ruttyboy
  • 13 - SpeedOfNuts
  • 14 -
  • 15 -
  • 16 -
  • R1 -
  • R2 - Kaze13
  • R3 - Metalmurphy
  • R4 - ashk
  • R5 - polyphony
  • R6 - chillumchilla
  • R7 - mclaren777
  • R8 -
  • R9 -

Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 5.00 PM GMT
Lounge reset - 5.55 PM GMT
Qualifications start - 6.00 PM GMT
Race start 6.15 PM GMT
Race end: ~8.15 PM GMT

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

Additional rules:

Qualifying will consist of 1 outlap (which will not be registered by the game) and only 1 qualifying lap. With this in mind, practice is very important for this race.

Please take note of the special tire rules. In addition please do not install the racing exhaust on your car or perform any engine modifications. Only Non PP tuning is allowed. The weather will be variable and the time of day will take us from day, to night, and back to day. The Nurburgring is very challenging in these conditions so please practice ahead of time so you know the course. If we do not get 12 or more people to sign up the race will be postponed until a later date.

Lounge:
Races will be held in the GT5NRL lounge, please add this account to your Friends list. Practice sessions will also be held in the same lounge.

Love the Kaz mobile.

ibi82zMANES7j7.gif

Its been so long since I last raced in the NRL. Will make an effort to start practicing and joining regulary, miss racing online in GT.

Polyphony

Hey guys, put me on reserve.

I know I was one of those that advocated Saturday races, and now that they are, I should really start participating in more of them. And if anyone has capture equip, a recording of this race would be awesome!

paskowitz

BTW you should all submit questions to yoritomo, mclaren, or me on the CSW and clubsport v2 pedals. Once the embargo lifts we would be happy to answer your questions.

paskowitz

Just did some testing in regards to tires. SS is by far the best option unless the water on track gets above 30% at which point inters become faster. Above 60% rains are better than inters. On a dry to damp (water at about 10-20%) track both rains and inters are significantly slower than SS or even SM or even SH. They both completely degrade at about 60-70% through the circuit. SS should last 2-3 laps in normal conditions.

So in conclusion. Unless there is heavy rain, stay on your sports tires. I am setting the weather variability to 1 and the starting weather to 0. We may never see rain. If we do, I would advise not over reacting and only coming in once the water on track gets close to 30-40%. However, staying on sports tires beyond this, especially at night would be disastrous. Staying on inters as the track dries would also be disastrous. These are two situations you should actively try to avoid.

Also, qualifying will be one outlap (which will not count) and then 1 lap to record your time (this will be about 16 minutes). As a result it is advisable that you all practice a little before the race.

magawolaz

I'd love to join you.

Did you consider using also other cars such as the IS-F RM or other TC/RM cars? Last week I did a 1h "enduro" at ring 24h using a bunch of race cars capped at 570pp and the race was pretty close.
I'm saying this just because 16 kazmobiles may seem a little boring in photos and replays :p

Btw, I'm ok with both choices of damages and tyres.

ruttyboy

Thanks for the invite Pask, however, before I say I'll be there I have a couple of questions which it would be great to get some clarity on.

When I'm playing on my own I always have TCS turned off on anything short of the Zonda or Red Bull thing. Is it faster to have it turned on (and to what setting) with the proposed car? I'm assuming it would be faster in real life (as the GT-R seems to be all about the computers), but don't know about the game.

Also, what's the deal with overtaking, are you allowed to overtake on corners or is it just on straights?

Contact allowed or not (obviously I mean touring car style rubbing, not t-boning people to slow down)?

And finally I have no clue about how to set up the suspension and stuff like that, is anyone kind enough to offer a good setup to the mechanically confused like myself?

Angst

This race is definitely something I'd love to do. But I can't this week as I'll be out of town the whole weekend :( Next weekend looks much better for me.

ashk

Thanks for the invite Pask, however, before I say I'll be there I have a couple of questions which it would be great to get some clarity on.

When I'm playing on my own I always have TCS turned off on anything short of the Zonda or Red Bull thing. Is it faster to have it turned on (and to what setting) with the proposed car? I'm assuming it would be faster in real life (as the GT-R seems to be all about the computers), but don't know about the game.

Also, what's the deal with overtaking, are you allowed to overtake on corners or is it just on straights?

Contact allowed or not (obviously I mean touring car style rubbing, not t-boning people to slow down)?

And finally I have no clue about how to set up the suspension and stuff like that, is anyone kind enough to offer a good setup to the mechanically confused like myself?

I'd say that all the fastest drivers have TC turned off. I can't say for certain if it's faster or not since I never turn it on, but I think the general opinion is to have it off.

The overtaking is just as it would be in a real life race - there are no special rules about it except the common sense stuff like don't push people off the track etc.

Contact isn't encouraged but sometimes it's unavoidable or accidental. As long as no one gets damage it's OK.

I suck at suspension tuning as well, or I just don't have the time to do it properly. This car should be just fine on default as it's already tuned specifically for this circuit. For other cars check out gt5-tuning.com, try out different settings and use what you feel is the best. Also it's worth mentioning that a lot of races we do prohibit tuning so everyone just uses the same default settings.

paskowitz

I will add it to the race post, but quali will be 1 outlap (which obviously will not be registered by the game) and 1 lap for quali.

Top Bottom