• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Pizza Luigi said:
I didn't. I read how to tune my GT-R, that's what it says. :D

Oh yeah... sorry about that.

Anyways... Love my 458.

63492_150598418325688_100001265912747_292655_7923957_n.jpg

156706_150598514992345_100001265912747_292656_7907980_n.jpg

When you guys do the Indy 500 Race in B-Spec, do you keep a close eye on the action or just leave the minions to do the dirty work and come back 2-3 hours later?

I'm tempted to go do some errands and just have them figure it out themselves :lol

spats

fu3lfr3nzy said:
When you guys do the Indy 500 Race in B-Spec, do you keep a close eye on the action or just leave the minions to do the dirty work and come back 2-3 hours later?

I'm tempted to go do some errands and just have them figure it out themselves :lol

You know what they say, never leave a b-spec Bob to do a man's work.

fu3lfr3nzy said:

i did precisely that last night and my boys won handily. those le mans cars have no chance against a formula one racer, even one driven by stupid ai that brakes before the corners.

Melfice7

fu3lfr3nzy said:

Assuming you have an overpowered car then there is no worries, you can go :>

I got a Formula GT which normally leaves LM cars in the Dream Car Championship in the dust (B-Spec) so I guess Indy 500 is no different? :lol

It says it needs 4 drivers correct? I'm just scared these idiots wont swap in the right order by themselves and ruin the race :<

KennyLinder said:
Is the Formula GT good for the "Like the Wind" event? Gotta buy one so might as well get some use out of it :D

The opponents dont stand a chance :lol

Btw for Indy 500, those noobs will refuel by themselves right? At least I hope so =/

Omiee

you can back up your save data but is it locked to your psn ..?
and if not can u use somebody else's save like in prologue

spats

Omiee said:
you can back up your save data but is it locked to your psn ..?
and if not can u use somebody else's save like in prologue

I haven't copied mine yet but I'm almost positive it's locked to the account.

spats

Melfice7 said:
Whats the point of being unlocked then? my ps3 gets ylod and all i can do is cry?

If I understood correctly you can store your save on a usb stick and if your trey YLOD's you can just activate the save on a new ps3 on your psn account.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
spats said:
If I understood correctly you can store your save on a usb stick and if your trey YLOD's you can just activate the save on a new ps3 on your psn account.

Exactly. It's locked to PSN id. Deactivate the PS3 if possible and then activate the new PS3 and sign into your account and put the GT5 backup save on the new PS3 and you're good to go.

Where is the option to back up the save anyway, in the XMB?

Melfice7

spats said:

Thats better, being locked to account is fine, no cheating and its always backed up

ok ive done every race upto and including the Indy 500 but im only half way through level 28

what do i do now other then grind the Indy 500?

really want me some X1(2010) :(

UFRA

TheSeks said:
Exactly. It's locked to PSN id. Deactivate the PS3 if possible and then activate the new PS3 and sign into your account and put the GT5 backup save on the new PS3 and you're good to go.

You just have to back it up manually. Just plug in a USB stick, and then find the GT5 save and press triangle to copy it to the USB stick.

Only other back up option is the Backup Utility under System Settings, but you need an actual external HDD for that and it backs up all of your HDD's contents. I do that about once a month. :D

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
UFRA said:
You just have to back it up manually. Just plug in a USB stick, and then find the GT5 save and press triangle to copy it to the USB stick.

Only other back up option is the Backup Utility under System Settings, but you need an actual external HDD for that and it backs up all of your HDD's contents. I do that about once a month. :D

Too bad I don't have an external drive. :(

I'll back up my save to a USB stick later.

UFRA

Fistwell said:
I've set it to simulation just cause, but what are the differences between the different settings? "Force feedback strength" is pretty self explanatory, but amateur/professional/simulation mode for steering isn't.

If I'm not mistaken, the settings of Amateur, Pro, and Sim are completely irrelevant to the DFGT or the Driving Force Pro.

From what I remember, those settings ONLY pertain to the older Logitech wheels (the ones with blue grips on the wheels) and that's it.

For the Logitech DFP and DFGT, it's set to Simulation by default. Even if you change it, the setting has no effect on those two wheels.

I just watched the Indy 500 endurance and wtf @ pitting after 40 laps? (no fuel)

I thought it would be every 50, so 4 drivers = 200 laps but if its every 40, then one sucker will drive for 80 laps :lol

At least the FGT is keeping those Pescarolos at bay. Sweet, I can do something else now :D

Tiduz

Eurogaime
ok tried the dreamcar race that was suggested to me yesterday, only one problem...

im lvl 21 ½ :lol

any xp grinding advice besides the seasonal events?

expy

Banned
TheSeks said:

Don't know about the PSN ID part, since you don't need to have one to play the game.

Thrakier

Mechanical Snowman said:
Oh great, thanks!

I just (like, 1 minute ago :D) golded it with a Spec V, all weight reduction modifications and a customisable transmission.

Now in the 2 million club.

How to customise it...?

TrAcEr_x90 said:
this is my first gt, so i love it, but am making slow progress. I wish they would have just supplied the cars for these online challenges.

First bunch of cars are extremely cheap, and the money you win for using them will cover the next cars, and then some.

Top Bottom