• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Thrakier said:
How to customise it...?
Once you've bought and installed it you can access tuning options in the 'Settings' menu before a race or in the garage. If you select the Transmission tab and then go to the little speedometer icon you can change the speed limiter to what you need for the track you're racing on.

Edit:

TrAcEr_x90 said:
this is my first gt, so i love it, but am making slow progress. I wish they would have just supplied the cars for these online challenges.
It's not that bad... in fact, the amount you spend on the car is a fraction of the profit you get from the race. So actually it's incredibly generous.

You can get 750K by spending less than 100,000 on a Challenger. Same story for the other Seasonal Events too, if that's what you were referring to when you said online challenges.

Edit 2:

Just bought a Viper SRT10 and cranked the BHP up to nearly 1000, first car I've actually been scared of racing with :D The sound it makes it heavenly though.

Thrakier

Mechanical Snowman said:
Once you've bought and installed it you can access tuning options in the 'Settings' menu before a race or in the garage. If you select the Transmission tab and then go to the little speedometer icon you can change the speed limiter to what you need for the track you're racing on.

But what do I need for SSR6?

And any tips on the Dodge seansonal challenge?

TTG

quinntendopower said:
i got the red bull finally last night, took almost 2 weeks of day and night b-spec grinding. i wish i had a wheel and pedals and i could probably get the gold challenge version, it seems impossible with a controller.

i made a short video at tsukaba on b-spec, my engine sounds really weird though :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EF-IsaYAZs

Congrats! Do you have any lap times to compare it too? I assume you have a formula gt, how big is the difference?

How come PD didn't handle their videos like MLB 10 the Show? You can't upload directly from the game, however you can save the low res. replays under videos(XMB) and then transfer them over to your pc(via usb) and at that point you can convert them back to a 1080/720p resolution(converter of your choice) and then upload them to youtube.

Can this still be done by PD?

offshore

TrAcEr_x90 said:
this is my first gt, so i love it, but am making slow progress. I wish they would have just supplied the cars for these online challenges.
Totally agree. Next batch of online events should be handled like licence tests, where they prepare the car for you, so you don't have exit the events, go to dealership, buy car, watch car introduction, exit, go to tuning, exit, go back to events, to go settings, etc, etc............

_RT_

_RT_ said:
2 quick questions-

1. Is there an easy way (or a way period) to turn off the music?

2. Two-player split screen. There is no replay option????? Am I missing something?

Bump

bud

_RT_ said:

1. i'm not sure about an ''easy'' way, but you can deselect all the race music in the music section. it's one of the smaller icons on the left. edit: you can also just download an ''empty'' mp3 file and use that.
2. no replays in 2p mode, afaik.

NeoUltima

Everytime I've booted up GT5 recently, it seems like it starts playing that Christmas song on the main menu every time. Coincidence? Or is it looking at the calender and doing it?

_RT_

bud said:
1. i'm not sure about an ''easy'' way, but you can deselect all the race music in the music section. it's one of the smaller icons on the left. edit: you can also just download an ''empty'' mp3 file and use that.
2. no replays in 2p mode, afaik.

Ouch on both counts.

Oh well.

Gracias-

offshore said:
Totally agree. Next batch of online events should be handled like licence tests, where they prepare the car for you, so you don't have exit the events, go to dealership, buy car, watch car introduction, exit, go to tuning, exit, go back to events, to go settings, etc, etc............

I like how they say "This is what it is, so go find a way to compete". That's just what you do in GT. I guess a mix of that and this could be good though.

expy said:
OMG at the experience it gives!!! I went from like BARELY 29, to 30! XD

I went from 28 to 34!

It´s awesome.

And it is true that you only win X1´s from the challenge. Now i have a blue one, a white and a carbon:D

It really helps B-spec, my drivers finished the Suzuka 1000km in 4hours:lol 63 laps ahead of second place:lol

But i feel dirty that i caved in and used cheat recovery to gold Suzuka. Takes a lot of time to figure out the car. If you play with a wheel you come oujt of it sweating like a pig.

avaya

seattle6418 said:
But i feel dirty that i caved in and used cheat recovery to gold Suzuka. Takes a lot of time to figure out the car. If you play with a wheel you come oujt of it sweating like a pig.

What's cheat recovery?

Zoink

Melfice7 said:
Playing GT5 on other ps3 with your account
Spend the 20k at the start, sync trophies
???
Profit

now we can backup our saves, can't you
1)backup save
2)delete save
3)get the trophy
4)sync
5)restore save

note I can't try this as I'm halfway thru a 24hr b-spec

UFRA

Zoink said:
now we can backup our saves, can't you
1)backup save
2)delete save
3)get the trophy
4)sync
5)restore save

note I can't try this as I'm halfway thru a 24hr b-spec

Um, I wouldn't dare try that.

In some games, although it does allow you to resume your progress when you use a backed up save, in some cases it disables trophies from that point on until you start a new game.

Steroyd

Shiet I've only just realised that the best time to do a 24 hour endurance race would be on christmas day...

And I'm half way to level 33. Why O' why did I give my PS3 a rest yesterday... I'd probably be on level 34 by now.

Think it's possible to raise my B-spec to level 35 before the end of Christmas eve?

Steroyd said:
Shiet I've only just realised that the best time to do a 24 hour endurance race would be on christmas day...

And I'm half way to level 33. Why O' why did I give my PS3 a rest yesterday... I'd probably be on level 34 by now.

Think it's possible to raise my B-spec to level 35 before the end of Christmas eve?

Yeah. the Suzuka 1000km takes about 5 hours with an F1. Gives 350,000 xp. might need to run it 7 or 8 times to get to 35.

Goldrusher said:
FYI, that "Christmas version" of the Ahrweiler market square has been in the game since launch. You can unlock it by golding all the Easy AMG Challenges.

Yeah but it was a nice touch having it in the background on Xmas on Prologue and they could have done the same for GT5.

expy said:
Skid Recovery Force

Exactly, altough it does not make much difference in the Vettel challenge. The cars handles great, so it´s only noticiable on the hairpin after T2 (Suzuka). That´s where it helped me.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Is there a way to skip through songs during a race?

I don't mind a few of the songs but most of them I hate... so I usually just turn off the music. But if I could just skip the bad stuff...

Goldrusher

Baby Milo said:
anyone have any tips for the immediate nascar challenges?

i can barely get bronze
Be gentle. Try to steer as little as possible.
And make sure you turned off ABS. No matter how crap you are as a driver, you don't need ABS in these events.

test_account

XP-39C²
recklessmind said:
Is there a way to skip through songs during a race?

I don't mind a few of the songs but most of them I hate... so I usually just turn off the music. But if I could just skip the bad stuff...
If you click on the note icon in GT Life, then you can choose which song that should be played and which songs that shouldnt be played :)

AdvanS13

Neo Member
test_account said:
If you click on the note icon in GT Life, then you can choose which song that should be played and which songs that shouldnt be played :)
i turn music off, i want some damn christmas music though...wonder if it's accessible:lol

test_account

XP-39C²
AdvanS13 said:
i turn music off, i want some damn christmas music though...wonder if it's accessible:lol
Hehe, ye, i also wonder if the christmas music is available :) Does anyone know if this music is only available if being connected to PSN (or having internet access on the PS3)?

EDIT: And merry xmas to everyone here indeed! :D

Error1355

I have my music turned off. Not because I dislike it, but I rather play a show from Netflix or my own music player on my PC while I play.

I might make it a point to turn it back on now while the Christmas music is playing. I love that touch. :D

Merry xmas and happy holidays folks.

I think I may just celebrate with some snow races. We don't really have seasons here in San Francisco, and we sure as hell don't have snow.

Can someone help a noob (me) out with my DFGT settings? The wheel is all over the place when I drive. It moves by itself. I don't know what setting to adjust so that it doesn't do that. I know it may be realistic for the wheel to go nuts when you spin out but I don't want it on. And I have weak arms so I can't fight the wheel all the time.

:(

Loudninja

NullPointer said:
Merry xmas and happy holidays folks.

I think I may just celebrate with some snow races. We don't really have seasons here in San Francisco, and we sure as hell don't have snow.
You to dude,cant wait to play this in a couple days :D

Top Bottom