• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
heliconsoul said:
[beg] Does anyone have a Toyota 7 I can borrow for the Historic event please, sick of that event [/beg]
Bloody 7 was sitting in my used cars dealership, "only" $3M away from me. Since i refuse to b-spec, grinding at a-spec expert ad infinitum is all I can do ATM, save for the occasional seasonal financial injection.

avaya

On A-Spec level 34 and B-Spec level 33 at the moment.

A-Spec path to 40 and completion:

1 Roadster Tsukuba 4hr
1 Laguna
1 Indy
1 Suzuka
1 Tsukuba 9hr
5 Le Mans 24r
1 Nurburgring 24hr

167hrs of gameplay, 7 days!

B-Spec path to 40 and completion:

6 Tsukuba 9hr
11 Le Mans 24hr
1 Nurburgring 24hr

342hrs of gameplay, 14.25 days!

What on earth were they thinking? 11 x Le Mans in B-Spec? Kaz is on crack. Tsukuba 9hr...you'd have to watch your guy do 4,000 laps of that tinpot track. A-Spec is better but still requires you to do FIVE Le Mans.

Melfice7

OK after doing a seasonal event i got a ticket 1000 o_O saying either i won 100 times or drove 2000km .. but i have 396 victories and 42000km so what the hell?

plus just made 20M xD

avaya said:

1 Roadster Tsukuba 4hr
1 Laguna
1 Indy
1 Suzuka
1 Tsukuba 9hr
5 Le Mans 24r
1 Nurburgring 24hr

6 Tsukuba 9hr
11 Le Mans 24hr
1 Nurburgring 24hr

What on earth were they thinking? 11 x Le Mans in B-Spec? Kaz is on crack. Tsukuba 9hr...you'd have to watch your guy do 4,000 laps of that tinpot track. A-Spec is better but still requires you to do FIVE Le Mans.

Am I missing something here? They don't require you to repeat any specific event. You do the ones you want. Youre 11 Le Mans 24hr on B-spec for example are Fly like the Wind events for me. It's faster to lvl up that way.

Melfice7

Metalmurphy said:
Am I missing something here? They don't require you to repeat any specific event. You do the ones you want. You're 11 Le Mans 24hr on B-spec for example are Fly like the Wind events for me. It's faster to lvl up that way.

at level 35, 11 Le Mans its what gives the most XP per minute

Dead Man

avaya said:

1 Roadster Tsukuba 4hr
1 Laguna
1 Indy
1 Suzuka
1 Tsukuba 9hr
5 Le Mans 24r
1 Nurburgring 24hr

6 Tsukuba 9hr
11 Le Mans 24hr
1 Nurburgring 24hr

Ugh. I'm still loving the driving, but seriously, this game is broken in so many ways. I can't find a decent event for some of my favourite cars either. I can go race arcade with them, but it's not the same.

Hanmik

Melfice7 said:
OK after doing a seasonal event i got a ticket 1000 o_O saying either i won 100 times or drove 2000km .. but i have 396 victories and 42000km so what the hell?

plus just made 20M xD

how the heck did you make 20m..? did you win the seasonals on different accounts and gift cars or what?

Hanmik said:
how the heck did you make 20m..? did you win the seasonals on different accounts and gift cars or what?
I made 20M, spent it some of it, went back to 20M, spent some more, went back to 20M, and I didn't do any seasonal on other accounts. Once you start grinding for B-spec the money just starts pouring :lol

Hanmik

Metalmurphy said:
I made 20M, spent it some of it, went back to 20M, spent some more, went back to 20M, and I didn't do any seasonal on other accounts. Once you start grinding for B-spec the money just starts pouring :lol

ahh.. ok I have not been playing the game as much ... only lvl. 25 A-spec and lvl. 10 b-spec.. family and sleep comes before PS3 gaming these days.. still haven´t completed the expert and extreme series yet..

ohhh and I´m a freaking Hamster.. cannot sell any cars.. cannot gift them either.. because I like collecting cars.. damn,.. that´s probably one of the reasons that I have yet to break the 5m barrier..

Shaneus

Just hit 30 B-spec. That X1 is such a bullshit car to have in the game. Impossible with the controller :/

Not going to shoot for gold, either. Apparently the bronze isn't all that difficult with the wheel, so I'll give that a crack. Once I get it, it's going straight to Bob :lol

PS. Holy shit, the FGT in the rain-soaked 1000km Suzuka is going to take over 7 hours? Holy fucking hell.

PetriP-TNT said:
Stay cool, save your tyres.

In Grand Valley, change tyres midrace, you will overtake every one in 1-2 laps.

Indy 1st, I actually was first in GV in the second to last lap and then my driver spun... TWICE. 12th place. HSP 1st, Laguna Seca last lap -> 1st place. Lost in Daytona in last corner, 6th

Overall ranking: 2nd. I raged so much

Thanks. Managed 1st overall in the end

Indy - 1st
Grand Valley - 3rd
High Speed Ring - 1st
Laguna Seca - 1st
Daytona - 1st

You're right, I hammered 'Pace Down' throughout Grand Valley, High Speed Ring and Laguna and got good results. Tyres were starting to get low on Grand Valley by the end, but the other two they were OK. I even started to push harder on the last two laps on High Speed Ring. Won Indy and Daytona by miles. My Bob obviously is no good at corners :D

I'll go back to Grand Valley later and try and win it. An oil change should help.

Thanks for the info :)

X-Frame said:
Anyone else but me want more Rally and Kart races for future seasonals?

Definitely. I was really dissappointed about the lack of more Rally stages. I really miss the old tracks too, the new magicly-generated ones are poor in comparison. Some more Karting would be ace too, I guess they lost one track due to that legal problem.

offshore

Is it confirmed that the most extreme damage modelling unlocks at level 40 A-Spec?

Seen chatter about it, haven't really kept tabs on it though.

offshore said:
Is it confirmed that the most extreme damage modelling unlocks at level 40 A-Spec?
It was false, and confirmed false by a Sony rep. There are only a couple of cars with significant damage modelling, they're rally cars, and damageable to the full extent from the second you buy them.

-Amon-

X-Frame said:
Anyone else but me want more Rally and Kart races for future seasonals?

Rally for sure !

Kart dunno, they're fun to drive but all the karts events are far too easy, if they bump up the difficulty it could be interesting.

Dead Man

MiniBossBattle said:
Deep forest raceway - Mitsubishi i-MiEV Cr.300,000 exp 30000[/B]

Mute it! mute it! Worst sounding engine. I thought the blender Prius sound was worse.
Worst noise ever? If that is accurate, who the hell would buy one, and if it's not, why?!

I also had a thought on an easy way PD could improve the car sounds. Just take the sound from the chase cam and use it everywhere, the engine and exhaust noises diminish way too much on the interior cams, and the transmission noise with a custom transmission drown out the engine.

Printed the full car list yesterday and started crossing the ones i had.

Much easier to know which cars to buy. It´s a shame i found out i ended up buying some cars twice or even three times.

393/1031, long way to go.

Good thing the seasonals are up, but they won´t help me much. On level 35 now, so i wish they would include some 1.000.000 xp races for us.

The road to 40 is painfull and it takes forever.

brentech

seattle6418 said:
Printed the full car list yesterday and started crossing the ones i had.

Much easier to know which cars to buy. It´s a shame i found out i ended up buying some cars twice or even three times.

393/1031, long way to go.

Good thing the seasonals are up, but they won´t help me much. On level 35 now, so i wish they would include some 1.000.000 xp races for us.

The road to 40 is painfull and it takes forever.
Google Docs File for car tracking. Gotta have the internet around, but as I bought and then was rewarded a car, good way to track exact numbers when you got duplicates.

I don't think I'm going to bother buying 1000 cars. Not unless they make it so I can just buy all the cars in the used dealership that I select and get them delivered in one chunk (without going through the delivery animation / prompts / loading for all of them).

Wow... they still haven't fixed the bug that sees bspec drivers (i.e. not my guy) start the race with rain tyres if they finished the previous race using them. :lol

Bizzyb

Banned
Hey Guys, does anyone have a Mitsubishi Eclipse 2006 they can spare, gift or sell?? I've been waiting for one to pop up in the used car dealer for weeks now and no luck. I'm starting to think I'll never see it.

brentech

Some recent notable updates from Kaz via twitter (just using a twitter translator):

Remote race, soon, and I can say around early February.
# I'm sorry to keep you waiting. It will be updated soon. RT @ Jbkblack : I Have Tried Being Nice & Gtplanet Mr Yamauchi Getting upset but now we are ... When Will Gearbox 44 minutes ago
--- Getting around to making more than just the final gear adjustable.

I sent this to that wanker, " @Kaz_Yamauchi Please allow us to change oil from the garage menu and to buy tires from any event menu or online lobby."

They better include leaderboards in the next update, otheriwse i´ll get worried.

VERY WORRIED!

In the meantime, Prologue and GT HD demo still have working car leaderboards.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
:lol "L.Craft" as a driver name. Keep thinking it's a typo. :lol

Tailzo

I didn't start B-spec before I was level 15 A-spec. So my B-spec driver started with a fully upgraded awesome ferrari. Naturaly he keeps winning all the races he can participate in.

Does this make him cocky? Should he taste defeat sometimes? Also, is there a reason why I should make more than one driver?

edit: Sorry for (maybe) the dumb question, but I haven't played a GT game since the very first one. I'm loving the changes though.

TheSeks

More than one driver for when he's a downer. Otherwise switching during endurance races.

Also thsis i-MiEV race is so dull. Racing: Softs and weight reductions if you want total overkill. 1st by the second lap, if that.

TheSeks

Tailzo said:
Do you mean he gets like mood changes?

Yeah.

Up blue arrow=Happy/fun driving.
Green right arrow="Okay..."
Orange down arrow=depressed/unhappy/downer mode

brunoa76

TheSeks said:
Also this i-MiEV race is so dull. Racing: Softs and weight reductions if you want total overkill. 1st by the second lap, if that.

You don't even need to buy anything else than the car to win this race easily.

Tailzo

Ok, thanks. I tried to make him depressed by being unreasonable and trying to push him to drive faster all the time, even if he was very, very far ahead the other cars. He's still ok with a green arrow though.

When he reaches level 5 I'll make him do some harder races. He has won 20 races or something and never had a loss.
edit: He just reached level 5.

Shaneus

Did anyone want to gift me any of the X1's they may have duped? Don't care about specifics, I can just tell I'm not going to enjoy the Vettel events :lol
Otherwise I'll just buy one, but if they can be cloned, a little help from my friends would help me get by :)

TheSeks said:
Green right arrow="Okay..."

ouw3sh.jpg

Poor Bob.

Can't wait for remote races, I can't stand watching b-spec anymore

Already have a car for each event. :)
Yes, I bought a raspberry i-MiEV while I was spending 5 million credits on about 40 premium cars from every make in a shopping spree.

So the VW bus Top Gear Challenge was extremely easy. I thought that I had to do it in one lap (had no hud on) but when I found out that it was 2 laps it was just too easy.

But this Elise Challenge OH MY GOD. These cars don't even handle. I hate this challenge :(. I need a wheel.

Also, has anyone Golded these "smooth driving" Nascar challenges with a controller?

I love the AMG license tests as trying to get gold on them is a lot of fun for me.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
TheSeks said:
Also thsis i-MiEV race is so dull. Racing: Softs and weight reductions if you want total overkill. 1st by the second lap, if that.
That's like 80% of car's price tag spent for tires ; )

blu said:
That's like 80% of car's price tag spent for tires ; )

totally worth it for "high speed" cornering for which the car was apparently not made ...

Deep%20Forest%20Raceway.jpg

ok, I will get you with my secret two wheel mode... ACTIVATE

*vrrruuuum* :D

later in that race...

oh no, no, no, no, no

... -.-

(I won :lol :lol )

oh and that sound in the cockpit view HAS to be a bug/mistake, right?

Rflagg

Did everyone pick the purple passion or whatever color.
I did
:lol I wish they would do recommended tune specs so if you want you can go above the tunning suggested can, but at least you have a more complete idea of how high to tune without making it too easy.

brentech said:
Some recent notable updates from Kaz via twitter (just using a twitter translator):

--- Getting around to making more than just the final gear adjustable.

Can someone please tweeterise Kaz to ask what is being done to aid 3dtv settings.
They should implement on the fly/ in race tweaking, or add a reference image in the settings menu.
It is really really frustratingly poorly implemented as it stands.

X-Frame

I'm expecting another kick ass patch whenever it comes out. I have faith that they'll support this game for a lonnnggg time with sustained updates and events like now.

New events every week?! That's amazing.

Top Bottom