• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

dwebo

dronde said:
The online service of Gran Turismo 5 will undergo maintenance during the following hours:

Start: 12/20/2010 14:00 CCT
Finish: 12/20/2010 16:00 CCT

Start: 12/20/2010 20:00 CCT
Finish: 12/20/2010 21:00 CCT

During the maintenance, it will not be possible to connect to any of the online services.

*Please note that the exact times of the maintenance may slightly vary.
Patch time*, bitches!

Shaneus

dwebo said:
Patch time, bitches!
Are there any single-player exploits I should... exploit... before they're possibly patched? I'm thinking more stuff to get maximal money with minimal fuss more than anything else... or for XP.

Shaneus said:
Are there any single-player exploits I should... exploit... before they're possibly patched? I'm thinking more stuff to get maximal money with minimal fuss more than anything else... or for XP.
No... unless you count the birthday thing, which is pointless as it's more profitable to just do some racing.

Hopefully they'll patch in some exploits. :lol

brentech

Love seeing my car's brake calipers glow red when watching my b-spec drivers go round. That shit's beautiful. My Zonda R '09 is really getting some miles on it lately between me and my bspec doing the GT Allstars event quite a bit.

alterno69

Banned
Man am i loving my birthday presents this year, I love playing B-spec races while i browse the boards on my ipad, i have bookmarked the post from gtplanet with all the cars you get after each race too, both the ipad and the game were birthday presents last 12/11 i got myself a Driving Force as a birthday/christmas present too lol the perfect combo.

Can't wait for the patch to go live, hopefully some good stuff from PD.

Dartastic

Do any of you guys know of any good deals on this game right now? Just picked up a ps3 due to the awesome amazon deal, and I want to pick this up.

alterno69

Banned
Valkendorm said:
I was racing against AI opponents with my GF watching, but then she starts to laugh for no apparent reason. Well, there was ONE reason.

2nqqxrn.jpg

Look who's in 2nd place. :lol :lol
I raced a K.Butler in B-Spec once and beat his ass too lol

Ydahs said:
Seriously. The menu loading is slow enough as it is and it takes way too long to keep testing small adjustments.
Yeah, it takes so dang long to go in and out making small adjustments, waiting for a video to load, go back and adjust and wait again.
Quite obviously 3d was an after thought but stuff like this is pretty obvious and the lack of proper integration and "ease of use" on optimizing is pretty pathetic.

I know not everyone will take advantage of 3d but this is THE game and it not properly utilizing the 3d mode for casual user is pretty frustrating and poor.

Is it possible that a Test screen can be implemented or do you guys think that's too much to ask on top of all the other flaws.

I totally love this game too much to let stuff like this break the game, but it would be cool to take full advantage of all the latest technology as part of the experience.

expy

Banned
So for these Endurance runs... Say the 4 hour one... What determines the end of the run? The Total Time? Currently at 56 laps, 1:01:00.833, I'm going to have to drive 200+ laps? :lol

Error1355

expy said:
So for these Endurance runs... Say the 4 hour one... What determines the end of the run? The Total Time? Currently at 56 laps, 1:01:00.833, I'm going to have to drive 200+ laps? :lol

Yeah, I believe it works that if you finish a lap under 4 hours, you go another lap. If you finish a lap and it's over 4 hours, the race ends.

Loudninja

flipswitch said:
What new features does that new patch feature?
This is all we know:
The late December update will be a major one, said Yamauchi. He listed a few region specific additions. America-based players can look forward to the start of GT Academy (detailed here) beginning with online time trial rankings. Europe-base players can look forward to an online tournament called SLS Challenge where the winner will receive an actual Mercedes SLS AMG (yikes!).
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/12/15/gt5_plans/

UFRA

alterno69 said:
I raced a K.Butler in B-Spec once and beat his ass too lol

I raced B.Gates earlier tonight when I was grinding the American Championship in Extreme.

He drove a Corvette and came in last place. :lol

UFRA

Spectral Glider said:
So what races is this Furai good for? Cause I can buy one for 1,497,765 in the used lot right now and not sure if it's worth the cash.

NO.

Spend 25,000 on a Mazda Roadster '07, win the Roadster event in B-Spec Amateur series, win Furai...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
LabouredSubterfuge said:
How did you win the NASCAR race on Grand Valley Speedway??

Every time my driver causes wheel spins and fucks the tyres so that by the end he's unable to finish without pitting, meaning I come last.
Max downforce, transmission to 200mph (think it's 199). Take it easy. Especially after the bottom hairpin, that following section always has my b-spec drivers sliding - in any car. So once you're in the lead, pace him down in that area. I try and keep him midway, but if needed i'll cool him down further, and then inject some pace when he's approaching the main straight (once he is out of the twisties just before the drag up to the final corner)

The ovals I had at 230mph. The stock speed seems too high for b-spec, like the engine can't get him that fast without drafting (which he's shit at)

Apart from the exterior appearance and lower suspension, what does the RM do? Is it fully adjustable suspension and by the look of things, weight reduction. Anything else?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
KennyLinder said:
Apart from the exterior appearance and lower suspension, what does the RM do? Is it fully adjustable suspension and by the look of things, weight reduction. Anything else?
I think it's most mods other than engine mods. So fully adjustable trans, suspension, titanium exhaust, weight reduction at max, that kind of thing.

Heh, 20 minutes to go to finish my first scuba 9th endurance race. My formula GT has currently sone 624 laps, and is 108 laps ahead of second place (150 laps ahead of the guy in last place) :). He's spinning a bit on worn racing hards but doing well.

Crakatak187 said:
The racing hard and soft have the same durability according to GTplanet. Slap some Soft on those suckers.
With the Formula GT? Because that's certainly not my experience with the Minolta. On average at Tsukuba it was burning through a set of softs in 6 laps, whereas mediums would last about 9 laps and hards about 13 laps (time before the driver pitted automatically on each set).

I did a little of the test today when I was doing Endurance A-spec. My soft almost lasted as long as racing hard on my Castrol Supra on Grand Valley. About 16 laps before it lost tremendous amount of grip and I had to pit.

UFRA

mrklaw said:
Heh, 20 minutes to go to finish my first scuba 9th endurance race. My formula GT has currently sone 624 laps, and is 108 laps ahead of second place (150 laps ahead of the guy in last place) :). He's spinning a bit on worn racing hards but doing well.

Wow, that's a perfect example of how ridiculous this is.

Words can't even describe my complete failure to understand what PD was thinking when they thought people would have fun watching AI do 600+ laps on a track... I'd be curious to know what you get for XP and money when you finish.

100 laps? Sure. 200 laps? Maybe. 600+ laps? HEY ARE YOU ALRIGHT???

I'm going to dread doing that on A-spec. I will do it though. B-spec I'll just set it and watch TV the whole day.

Just not those 24 hour endurance.

What car do i use for the all star and like the wind series? Trusty ol' furai doesn't seem to do it no more (could it be that I am slow, not the car?). Thanks.

UFRA

Fistwell said:
What car do i use for the all star and like the wind series? Trusty ol' furai doesn't seem to do it no more (could it be that I am slow, not the car?). Thanks.

A lot of people said they beat Like the Wind with the ZR1 Corvette fully upgraded and Race Modified.

Then, that event wins you the Minolta Toyota race car and you can use that to win the All Stars event.

Top Bottom