• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

KennyLinder said:
Anyone done this to a Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) RM '95?

imgp11710.jpg

Looks ace!

Is it just for the looks or does it have any relevant effects? Harder, better, faster, stronger?

expy

Banned
Lagspike_exe said:
Happy birthday!
Thanks!!! :lol :lol
217 laps later and the 4 hour torture is done!

Edit: oooh, birthday car ticket!

It's.....

205 Turbo 16 Rally Car '85!

Patrick Bateman said:
Is it just for the looks or does it have any relevant effects? Harder, better, faster, stronger?

For everything you mentioned.

UFRA said:
A lot of people said they beat Like the Wind with the ZR1 Corvette fully upgraded and Race Modified.

Then, that event wins you the Minolta Toyota race car and you can use that to win the All Stars event.
Cool, thanks guys. Is the ZR1 the cheapo one or the more expansive of the two upgradeable vettes?

UFRA

Fistwell said:
Cool, thanks guys. Is the ZR1 the cheapo one or the more expansive of the two upgradeable vettes?

The expensive one. 187,000 + 385,000 to RM + about another 100,000 to finish upgrading to max.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
roxya said:
Why oh why did PD spend time RM'ing a Cappuccino? :(
Racing is full of niches, PD seem to like that so they try to offer so ethnic that appeals to everyone. If it was all super cars it'd be dull IMO.

I think that's maybe why you get quite a lot of 'crappy' cars as prizes. It's cars that PD find interesting, and you are perhaps unlikely to buy for your own collection. I'm kind of fine with that - mostly you can win cars you need for progression, the rest is filler anyway.

roxya said:
Why oh why did PD spend time RM'ing a Cappuccino? :(

What's the problem?

Btw.

What I don't get is why PD made some shitty Japanese Family car with less than 100hp a Premium model, yet the Bugatti Veyron comes as a Standard model...

Numpt3

Wow, I've been struggling with the Indy Super speed way in like the wind for ages. Decided to tune up the Furai and give that a go... I got 1st place on my first try. You don't even have to slow down for the corners with it. :lol

My worst track is Nurburgring. I can't seem to memorize and predict what's coming next for that map. There isn't a lap that I finish flawlessly or fast.

What track people hate the most here anyways?

spats

Crakatak187 said:
My worst track is Nurburgring. I can't seem to memorize and predict what's coming next for that map. There isn't a lap that I finish flawlessly or fast.

I guess I don't really have any track that I hate.... London might be my least favourite though. Oh and I love Nürburgring Nordschleife. Played it to death in gt4 and on psp I can drive it on muscle memory. I still spin out every few laps if I have a very fast car but I still love driving it. :lol

Dead Man

Crakatak187 said:

That took me about a year on GT4 before I was confident, especially the section after the carousel. Got to say, no tracks I really hate this time, I used to hate Autumn Ring, but for whatever reason it seems to flow much better now. Laguna Seca still drives me nuts, it always seems like every corner I need to take slower than it should be, I don't like the Rome circuit either, too short. They should have used the full one:

zPplO.jpg

Edit: Or maybe my memory is shit, since that older map is pretty close to the GT5 one. :lol

Edit2: Or maybe no, the corners sort of match up, but the overall feel is very different.
map02a.jpg

I still hate Nordschleife with a passion. I'm so sick of driving it in pretty much every racing game and every other online race. I can do it fine, and it's memorised... but I hate it.

Starting this soon, is there some trick to getting the Penniless achievement? A certain car or two I can buy right near the start of the game?

Also, can't wait for the Top Gear special(s).

Dead Man

opticalmace said:
Starting this soon, is there some trick to getting the Penniless achievement? A certain car or two I can buy right near the start of the game?

Also, can't wait for the Top Gear special(s).
The advice for that one seems to be buy a 20k car at the start, or since you can't accrue more than 20million, save up and buy one of the cars at that price.

Melfice7 said:
Just unlocked the X1 challenge

DEAR GOD
72dnip.jpg
:lol

I just love how there's a sort of watershed moment where people go from "Hell yeah, Vettel event, gonna get myself some X1 goodness" to "OMGWAITWHATHOW?!?"

Melfice7

PjotrStroganov said:
When does this challenge get unlocked?

Getting to level 30 in b-spec duno if it works in a-spec too

Psychotext said:

I just love how there's a sort of watershed moment where people go from "Hell yeah, Vettel event, gonna get myself some X1 goodness" to "OMGWAITWHATHOW?!?"

Yeah xD this is gonna be tough to gold.. and ffs they even made the restart in this event a pain.. gotta wait like 8 seconds every time til we can floor it

ChryZ

mrklaw said:
I think that's maybe why you get quite a lot of 'crappy' cars as prizes. It's cars that PD find interesting, and you are perhaps unlikely to buy for your own collection. I'm kind of fine with that - mostly you can win cars you need for progression, the rest is filler anyway.

Yeah, every time I get new car loot it's like Kaz saying to me "you should really try this one", some of those initially uninteresting cars were surprisingly interesting.

Steroyd

Psychotext said:

This happened to me.

I even completed the 2 laps (after thinking it was a one lapper till I didn't crash for a whole lap), punched the air in celebration.... only to realise I was 28 seconds off bronze. :lol

Grayman

Crakatak187 said:

Have you tried the driving school option? I found that breaking the ring into 2 minute sections has helped me immensely in learning the track.

I think my worst track is Fuji. I do badly with the first corner, the chicane, and all the corners after the chicane.

When I first played Suzuka I did not like it at all. After learning the track it flows really well though.

Monza was the license test track in GTR2 and I hated that one. After a million attempts in the ferrari race though I am starting to like it. Something about the graphical style of GT games lets me learn tracks in them much easier than other sims I have played.

Goldrusher

I'm level 25 A-spec and B-spec, yet I got pop-ups for:

- rally events for getting to level 15
- a new prize car (Mercedes 190E 2.5 - 16 Evolution II '91)
- new tracks (Nürburgring versions for beating AMG stuff)

So I guess it adds/changes the unlockables of some events and you'll get them as soon as you load the game after the patch.

Second thing you'll notice... New stuff on the GTLife screen:

- "Seasonal Events"
- "Online Collector's Dealership"

Unfortunately, I can't access them because of server maintenance.

Dead Man

Gonna finish this intermediate rally then download that patch.

Psychotext said:

Yeah, I found that after about 20 seconds I knew I would never be able to do it! Sucks the car is sitting in the dealer, but you need to be level 40 to buy it.

Goldrusher said:
I don't see any new events offline.

It would be an asshole move on his part to lie about that then. And as Loudninja just mentioned, Timppaq from GTplanet says that there's a HUDless option now.

roxya

Dead Man said:
I kind of like the slow cars and the effort PD puts in on them.

Yeah but when are you going to actually use a race modified Cappuccino in the game? This is my problem with it.

Dead Man

roxya said:
Yeah but when are you going to actually use a race modified Cappuccino in the game? This is my problem with it.
Well yeah, but that is a problem with a lack of events, and stingy rewards for slow car events, rather than the car.

Top Bottom