• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

Hoplatee

Welp. Installing all these updates is like a little patience game. Think it took around 4 hours for me, haha.

Oh well, back to racing I go!

Welp. Installing all these updates is like a little patience game. Think it took around 4 hours for me, haha.

Oh well, back to racing I go!

You´re lucky. I´m having problems with my internet connection, it disconnects for seconds and i can´t update GT5 for the last two months. Had to format HD before. I can´t really update because of the way the updates are downloaded.

I miss GT5, but it´s either offline spec 1 GT or just wait for PS4 GT for me.

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5s-decrypted-source-code-reveals-hidden-cars-tuning-upgrades/

GTPlanet user “sorg” has been dissecting Gran Turismo 5‘s code base over the past few days and has shared some of his discoveries in our forums.

First, he’s found a hidden version of the X2010, named the “Red Bull X2010 JP Flag Color”. As you can see from the car’s description in the screenshot above, it is a “special colour model imbued with hopes of recovery from the Great East Japan Earthquake that occurred on March 11, 2011.”

He’s also unlocked the Red Bull X2010 5G model, which was used in the recent 5G competition. Over 20 different colors can be applied to it in the dealership, leading Sorg to suspect it may be released to a wider audience of players at a later date.

More discoveries include:

• 46 hidden car tickets, including a “Level 40″ ticket
  • Standard cars which have been upgraded to Premium models, such as the Jaguar XJR9, are differentiated with a “_std” prefix in their file name. He has noted that two cars, the Nissan R92CP and Bentley Speed 8 Race Car, include this prefix, suggesting they are or were scheduled to be updated in the game.
  • Over 39 Premium cars in the game also have “hidden” Standard counterparts, a full list of which Sorg has compiled here.
  • Sorg has calculated that 300km appears to be the constant value at which all new cars achieve maximum engine power output during the “break-in” period.

Surprisingly, he has also discovered records of a broad selection of engine tuning upgrades and even new tires, though it remains unclear if or how such parts are actually implemented in the game:

• 2 additional engine tunes (5 in total)
  • 2 additional turbo stages (5 in total)
  • Triple-plate clutch
  • Racing flywheel
  • AYC Controller
  • Brake Upgrades: Large Diameter Rotors + 4(6,8) Piston Calipers
  • Ceramic Carbon Brakes, Brake Balance Controller
  • Sport Super Soft and Racing Super Soft tire compounds (see here for more new tire details)
  • Nitro upgrades
  • Additional power improvements (5%,10%,20%)

For more details and future updates on his discoveries, be sure to read over this full topic here in our forums.

image.php

I have an old Driving Force Pro that's not worth selling, you're welcome to its adapter if it suits. 200–240V AS/NZS 3112/Type I Plug)

EDIT: 60fps GT5 trailer. Goddamn.

http://cdn2.gran-turismo.com/jp/local/hk-zh/data2/movie/20101225/gt5_ags2010_pv.mov

That is sensory heaven.

"Standard cars which have been upgraded to Premium models, such as the Jaguar XJR9, are differentiated with a “_std” prefix in their file name. He has noted that two cars, the Nissan R92CP and Bentley Speed 8 Race Car, include this prefix, suggesting they are or were scheduled to be updated in the game.!"

YES PLEASE!

They are probably saving stuff for GT5. Some of those stuff mentioned seem like they'd be hard to implement with current hardware constraints.

Niks

Wouldn't mind a SPEC III update in the first 4 months of 2013...it would be a nice appetizer for the GT6 trailer at E3.

When did we first saw a glimpse of GT5? Cant remember.

Pachimari

I have an old Driving Force Pro that's not worth selling, you're welcome to its adapter if it suits. 200–240V AS/NZS 3112/Type I Plug)

EDIT: 60fps GT5 trailer. Goddamn.

http://cdn2.gran-turismo.com/jp/local/hk-zh/data2/movie/20101225/gt5_ags2010_pv.mov
Thanks for your offer sir but I'm not sure it'll work here in Denmark. I'm buying a used Driving Force Pro tomorrow but I still want to find an AC adapter for my own. :)

I'm so excited to start GT5. I remember doing real good in Prologue and have been playing the series since the first one.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Hah...that's quite a lot of hidden content waiting to be given to us. The mod list is what strikes me most.

Strange that the X2010 JP Flag Color was never released, I assume it was meant to be sold as DLC with the proceeds going to charity.

Maybe it wasn't released because the DLC system was implemented too late?

amar212

All of those *tuning* things are just copy/paste of one existing in GT4 system with exception of "Sport Super Soft tyres".

Every each of those *upgrades* was more-less available in GT4 and they are probably just a rudimental part of the tuning engine that was imported to GT5.

Hoping PC sim modders get in on this - new physics, sounds, tracks and cars before GT6 Prologue would be amazing.

Fuck that shit Vanilla. Seriously. Last thing GT community needs is altered content by minority of people with modded consoles. It would destroy online and completely ruin the balance in the already problematic system thanx to Racing Soft compound and crazyness called Power Limiter. Especially in recent chain of events that allows moded consoles to take full advantage of going online without problems.

Background-modding should stay out of the GT for the sake of community balance forever. Having closely closed system is the main advantage for games such as GT. *Opening* it on forceful way will inevitably destroy everything.

All of that seems like it would be substantial enough to justify calling it Spec 3. I could see that being the final update for GT5 (aside from the usual Seasonal Events), which would allow PD to devote all of their resources to GT6.

IISANDERII

So I just bought that new NSX and got the new prototype Corvette and the game gets stuck on the opening loading screen. I haven't played the game in some months and don't know what to do. halp

So I just bought that new NSX and got the new prototype Corvette and the game gets stuck on the opening loading screen. I haven't played the game in some months and don't know what to do. halp

I've had this happen almost every time before but it always booted on the second try. It stopped happening after the last update though.

Is the GT5 Special Event: Grand Tour - Tuscan Night Race still impossible, because I just recently brought the game again with my new ps3 and have to start all over again and I remember they updated the track which made that event impossible to win. I haven't been keeping up with the updates so is it still impossible?

amar212

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-series-tops-68-million-copies-sold/

Sales numbers updated since november, series at 68M and GT5 at 9.19 million.

They were updated to this values at November 14th AFAIK? At Nov 5th there was initial data with small mistake in totals that was corrected a week later at this numbers.

Nonetheless, a great numbers. GT5 will probably never reach the numbers of GT4 and behemoth as GT3 but it will probably catch 10 million once PD update sales with European and just announced Asian "Academy Versions" that came at market just few days after the total used for this lists (September 2012).

Of course, with GT5: Prologue added, GT5 tops GT4 (with added both GT Concept and GT4: Prologue), but it still does not top insane numbers of GT3.

But GT6... that could be a totally different story one day. Time will tell.

Hello everyone. For those gamers enjoying the bumper version of Gran Turismo known as the GT5: Academy Edition, the next few weeks will get even more interesting. The special seasonal event included with GT5: AE – the GT Academy Challenge – is about to kick off.

The event runs from 00.01am GMT on 1st January 2013 until 11.59pm GMT on 31st January, and includes an exclusive new track and car challenge for Gran Turismo fans to master.

Additionally, the top six gamers from the following countries – Austria, Czech Rep., Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Rep. of Ireland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE and UK – have the chance to win an exciting driving day at Silverstone in March. The six online winners will be joined by one additional lucky winner from a special live challenge held earlier this year at Paris Motor Show.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/12/19/rev-your-engines-for-the-gt-academy-challenge/

And that exclusive track appears to be something created in course maker.

Kaz just tweeted about GT 15 year anniversary on Dec 23rd,

http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/news/d19746.html

I cant wait!

nws13558195632263248wha5e.jpg

GTPlanet said:
Polyphony Digital’s official Japanese website has just been updated with information on how the company will be celebrating Gran Turismo’s 15th anniversary, taking place on December 23, 2012.

As of writing, the information has only been posted in Japanese, and it is unclear if or how these special promotions will extend to the rest of the world.

First is “Gran Turismo Apex 2012 Magazine”, an updated and digitized version of the Apex Book which was originally included in the Gran Turismo 5 Collector’s Edition set. The book will be available in the PlayStation “PlayView” format and can be downloaded for free in the PSN Store today through August 1, 2013.

Second is a commemorative GT5 Seasonal Event Time Trial, taking place on the Nurburgring with Kazunori Yamauchi’s Nissan GT-R N24. The top in-game prize for the event will include a golden Mercedes SLS AMG.

As for real-world prizes, Polyphony Digital will be giving away over 60 die-cast AutoArt models of vehicles in Gran Turismo 5 to those who enter the contest on their website, including the Red Bull X2010, Mazda 787B Stealth, Nissan GT-R GT500 Stealth, McLaren F1 Stealth, and Nissan GT-R Spec V.

More information is also available in the announcement which details a special Gran Turismo booth at the upcoming 2013 Tokyo Auto Salon.

Thanks to all of you who sent this in!

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismos-15th-anniversary-promotions-announced/

Perfect time to announce Gran Turismo Vita. ;)

GT6 on PS4 trailer.

You know you want this!

Fuck the Vita, PD doesn´t need to spend time on this, let another dev make one version if that´s the case.

Would be nice to hear something about GT6... i know they don´t want to announce in advance again, but if it may come in 2014, then we should get a sneak peak by now.

Amar, do you know anything about the series future? We could use some winds once again.

amar212

Amar, do you know anything about the series future? We could use some winds once again.

There was that small poem two months ago, I have nothing more than that, really.

I wonder if any other division of Sony will acknowledge GT 15th anniversary? I'm gonna guess no.

There will be a great party in Japan, but EU and US will probably just do a commemorative pieces on blogs and such. I still hold my breath for some crazy Anniversary Collectors Edition, but it will probably be a short breath.

I smell spec III.

Frankly speaking, that would come out of nowhere.

This reminds me that 15 years ago me and a real good friend of mine spent all new year party playing our just arrived japanese import copies of Gran Turismo while our girlfriends were literally mad at us. Good memories.

Good memories indeed.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I remember impulse buying gt1 and metal gear solid at the same time, not bad choices it turned out.

Same here, sorta.

GT1 I bought because I remembered the print ads in PSM and EGM were basically the game's car list with the actual models displayed on the ad and it blew me away. It was so many damn cars, I had to own the game.

I was in for a huge surprise when it played nothing like Need for Speed II, though. Hahahaha.

Dibbz

Just saw Amar's article. Great read. It's scary how long GT has been around for. I still remember when me and my brother rented the original GT and him destroying me on High Speed Ring. Since then I've bought every Gran Turismo on console. Nostalgia sure is a bitch lol.

Dead Man

Just saw Amar's article. Great read. It's scary how long GT has been around for. I still remember when me and my brother rented the original GT and him destroying me on High Speed Ring. Since then I've bought every Gran Turismo on console. Nostalgia sure is a bitch lol.

Old High Speed Ring was such a great track.

I still have my original imported JAP Gran Turismo, cost me £60 back in the day which obviously was a lot of money. I had the first edition PS1 where you could do the disc swap by keeping the disc button depressed.

Top Bottom