• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Super GT League Season 2 - Vorsicht statt nachsicht

Mush

Alright, here are the final submissions to the create-a-track contest.

Risk Breaker http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCFhLuzy6Kg
He Who Must Not Be Named - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8aMRjkIJrU

To go along with:

Angst - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHOpqPIOT3o
brentech - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFF3i2DZoCQ
Dead Man - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1dO7RNNk40
Niks - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqB4E6c43ak
SunhiLegend - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdoa9G_Edug
Toxa - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pp7p3pC7EA
UFRA - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ntXVQzYGss

You have your tracks. Now just as soon as we decide a fair way to vote, we'll have our winner. :p

Mush said:
Alright, here are the final submissions to the create-a-track contest.

Thanks for the vids Mush, and I'm glad you liked mine :p

What I like the most about my track and what I was trying to accomplish is that there are many different driving lines you can use. I also tried to make some double-apex turns and right-left or left-right combined turns as it makes overtaking and defending your position a little more strategic.

brentech

Risk Breaker said:
Thanks for the vids Mush, and I'm glad you liked mine :p

What I like the most about my track and what I was trying to accomplish is that there are many different driving lines you can use. I also tried to make some double-apex turns and right-left or left-right combined turns as it makes overtaking and defending your position a little more strategic.
I like: how close you get the castle multiple times...and the turns are big enough to cause you to use good throttle control - which is not always easily done with this track editor. A lot of times, a nice looking, curvy track equates to turns that come together too sone and you can basically just keep the hammer down and drive through the middle.

I don't like: that damn sun in my eyes!!! Simulation...my driver needs some faucking sun glasses!

Angst

^I'll be there. I want to start practicing on Suzuka.

I watched the real Super GT race at Suzuka just now and I noticed that their lap times during qualification were pretty much the same as we're getting - 1.53-1.55. Amazing that GT is so close to the real lap times.

brentech said:
I don't like: that damn sun in my eyes!!! Simulation...my driver needs some faucking sun glasses!

Yes, I know, sometimes it's like the road is a mirror :( I noticed, in a Toscana race, that if you lower the EV value in the pause menu, the effect gets even worse!! What the hell PD :p

I might be available for that practice, if I don't get too sleepy.

I´m heading out to the SuperGT lobby in a few minutes and i´ll stay until friends call me to dinner.

Let´s see if we can get some practice done.

Angst

My Fairlady has shown off their car at a special press event at a ruined abbey in Italy of all places:

TLXnVh.jpg

1ndTCh.jpg

f7Apwh.jpg

xuJC8h.jpg

KWwOXh.jpg

Polyphony

Holy smokes, how did you guys manage to run a 1:54 flat on Suzuka? Any drafting on that hotlap? The best I managed to do with the Yellowhat is 1:56.2, ouch.

Mush

Polyphony said:
Holy smokes, how did you guys manage to run a 1:54 flat on Suzuka? Any drafting on that hotlap? The best I managed to do with the Yellowhat is 1:56.2, ouch.
No, we don't know where seattle got his skillz from either.

Toxa

Polyphony said:

you need more practice :p

nice pics angst ;)

Niks

Good testing session but it was hard just to even get into the 1.54's.

Seattle is going to own us all.

brentech

Niks said:
Good testing session but it was hard just to even get into the 1.54's.

Seattle is going to own us all.
Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you, you're cool. And fuck you, I'm out! (if you don't know, that's a line from a movie...)

Finally ran a 1.57 at the end my practice...lol
Hoping once we get some 'race' practices in, I'll kind of figure out a way to correct my line a bit.

I got a 1.56.6xx after something like 20 laps with -30 liters of fuel... I definitely need some practice and new lines too :p

I'm guessing setup is going to be pretty important here, so yeah, need a lot of practice and testing. I love Suzuka but it's so tough and technical, you have to be so accurate with such a narrow track and weird camber changes.

Kaze13

About the only thing I can figure that the sub 1:55 guys are doing is carrying A LOT more corner speed.

There are 2 areas I can tell they are going away at: 1) the esses 2) the double left hand. I can get the double right hander ok but that double left is tough. The esses requires a lot of finesse and I just can't get the flow right.

My best came late in the session at 1:56.9. That is 2+ seconds every lap I'm giving up to the leaders...ouch.

Here's a question, what is your avg lap time?

Kaze13 said:
About the only thing I can figure that the sub 1:55 guys are doing is carrying A LOT more corner speed.

There are 2 areas I can tell they are going away at: 1) the esses 2) the double left hand. I can get the double right hander ok but that double left is tough. The esses requires a lot of finesse and I just can't get the flow right.

My best came late in the session at 1:56.9. That is 2+ seconds every lap I'm giving up to the leaders...ouch.

Here's a question, what is your avg lap time?

Average was 1.58 I guess, I was doing some very slow laps and then (trying) very fast laps.

I managed to be at +0.7 in the first sector a couple of times, most of the times +1.2 (not too aggresive). Then I ALWAYS lost at least a second in sector 2. I did sector 3 faster than Niks' lap a couple of times, so I know that's not where the problem is.

That double left hander (spoon?) is the culprit!

Toxa

Risk Breaker said:
Average was 1.58 I guess, I was doing some very slow laps and then (trying) very fast laps.

I managed to be at +0.7 in the first sector a couple of times, most of the times +1.2 (not too aggresive). Then I ALWAYS lost at least a second in sector 2. I did sector 3 faster than Niks' lap a couple of times, so I know that's not where the problem is.

well I managed to get the fastest lap tonight , I was always faster at T1 and T3 but I'm always far behind at T2 I do not see how I can loose +0.6 in in 2 corner (hairpin + spoon curve)

Kaze13

Toxa said:
1.54, 1.55

suzuka is a tricky track you can easily make huge mistake :(

I mean for us mortals...not aliens. hahaha. jk. (btw, I said "daaaamn.... lol) My avg is right there with Riskbreaker.

Risk Breaker said:

That double left hander is the most important part of the track for me to improve my time. Carry your speed well enough and you get that juicy straight where the next braking point is the kink.

Toxa

Kaze13 said:
That double left hander is the most important part of the track for me to improve my time. Carry your speed well enough and you get that juicy straight where the next braking point is the kink.

the last chicane is even more important :p

brentech

Toxa said:
the last chicane is even more important :p
Yeah, about that, you're 4 wheels over those sections both times I watched you completing laps. Not sure how season one was judged at this track, but going off the rules of the Monza, I don't think that's allowed.

Kaze13

brentech said:
Yeah, about that, you're 4 wheels over those sections both times I watched you completing laps. Not sure how season one was judged at this track, but going off the rules of the Monza, I don't think that's allowed.

hmm, is that how some people are getting their times? I have at most 2 wheels off the curb but if it's allowed, then i can see another half second or more advantage immediately. Still, I am 1 sec off record pace in Sector 1 and another 0.8 after Sector 2.

Polyphony

Interesting... I do my best to keep two wheels on the tarmac at all times on the Degner curve and the final chicane as well. But just like Kaze, I seem to be losing time in the S-curves more than anything else.

brentech

No matter how you split it, Tox is fast, but I'm just letting him know he might need to be more careful with how he takes those turns. I don't imagine he's doing it on purpose as much as just unaware that all tires are up on the curb.

I have no doubt he'd still clock high 1.54-low 1.55 just being a little more conservative with his wheel placement.

Kaze13

brentech said:
No matter how you split it, Tox is fast, but I'm just letting him know he might need to be more careful with how he takes those turns. I don't imagine he's doing it on purpose as much as just unaware that all tires are up on the curb.

I have no doubt he'd still clock high 1.54-low 1.55 just being a little more conservative with his wheel placement.

there is no denying that.

ashk

Kaze13 said:

Here's a tip: you shouldn't be braking for 130R.

Mush

Toxa said:
Xanavi GTR 03 premium in the next DLC

2013382469_42b2b5310d_b.jpg

fake :(
What you've got here folks is a classic bait and switch with a good photograph of a die-cast model.

Nothing out of the ordinary.

Angst

Mush, check the command centre :p

Edit - that "premium" above looks like crap... As mush said, a pretty obvious pic of a die-cast model.

ashk said:

Yeah, with racing softs you can even take it full throttle if your timing is right, and you can absolutely do it just by letting go off the gas pedal for a second.

My biggest problem is with the Degner, when I try to take it really fast... I touch the outside kerb and there goes my car. Same with Spoon. Then again I think Suzuka is the track in which less laps I've raced in the whole game so I'm eager to learn.

Angst

Risk Breaker said:
Yeah, with racing softs you can even take it full throttle if your timing is right, and you can absolutely do it just by letting go off the gas pedal for a second.

My biggest problem is with the Degner, when I try to take it really fast... I touch the outside kerb and there goes my car. Same with Spoon. Then again I think Suzuka is the track in which less laps I've raced in the whole game so I'm eager to learn.
Suzuka is a very unforgiving track IMO. As you said, the smallest mistake can result in a nice 360... And there might be rain clouds in the sky :p

Kaze13

ashk said:

At the very most I'll let off the gas slightly there but that's not what I was referring to. I was talking about the slow kink after that.

ashk

Kaze13 said:
At the very most I'll let off the gas slightly there but that's not what I was referring to. I was talking about the slow kink after that.

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood. But that's not a kink, that's a chicane.

Angst

Polyphony said:
I'm doing the same lap times as you currently. 1.56.0 as the best time so far. But there's two weeks until the race, so I hope to be able to do 1.54 before the race. But I wouldn't worry too much as the race will be ~25 laps and consistency will be key.

Toxa

Angst said:
I'm doing the same lap times as you currently. 1.56.0 as the best time so far. But there's two weeks until the race, so I hope to be able to do 1.54 before the race. But I wouldn't worry too much as the race will be ~25 laps and consistency will be key.

with 502hp limit it's harder to do 1.54 but still possible, consistency is always a key especialy in this tricky track

Niks

So no talk about city courses?

I say change Madrid for Fuji, as it proved to be a good venue for Super GT.

Toxa

Niks said:
So no talk about city courses?

I say change Madrid for Fuji, as it proved to be a good venue for Super GT.

LMAO your opinion about fuji in the previous superGT season

Niks said:
Im not racing tomorrow.
Was there just to see how the car handled, as I suspected, horrible.
Im glad UFRA is running this round.

:D

Angst said:

That was something i was going to comment. If you go all out and push for those 54´s then after two laps your tires are cooked (Unless it´s a NSX), and you will have to deal with crappy tires for the rest of the stint.

If the race is 25 laps, then cars like the GTR´s and the Supras will have to pit twice.

As for the laptimes, once again, one thing is hotlapping, another thing is race pace, which is a bit slower.

I love Suzuka, but since i´ll be away on the 16th, Chimilosky will do the first race. I´m pushing him to see if he can get to the 54 land, but he still not quite there yet.

As keys for the lap, make sure you are doing the uphill left hander that leads to degner at full throttle, that you don´t brake much on the esses, and that you don´t lose a lot of time on the hairpin after T1.

Don´t think you´re crazy, a 1´55 lap seems already at the limit of the car. But try different things and you will see times where you think there´s nothing to gain.

Will we have weather changes in the race? I'm practising with rain for shits and giggles, Suzuka without rain isn't Suzuka after all.

Toxa

Risk Breaker said:
Will we have weather changes in the race? I'm practising with rain for shits and giggles, Suzuka without rain isn't Suzuka after all.

I hope so :p but I don't think so :(

Niks

Toxa said:
LMAO your opinion about fuji in the previous superGT season

I was commenting on how it proved to be a good venue despite if I like it or not.

Race will be 25 laps confirmed?

Angst

Niks said:
I was commenting on how it proved to be a good venue despite if I like it or not.

Race will be 25 laps confirmed?
No.

But it will be something close to that. There's still a long time left until the race and the official details will be posted in the pre-event thread.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Game turns fun even if you're dead last and don't care.

Tokyo Drifting the Monza course:

207791_678510843685_201404980_36089733_2011942_n.jpg

207778_678510788795_201404980_36089732_5388746_n.jpg

Second of the S.
205083_678510514345_201404980_36089725_6107239_n.jpg

208212_678510584205_201404980_36089727_6269014_n.jpg

198143_678510644085_201404980_36089728_2383895_n.jpg

Drifting with Wolves RounD and Seattle.

200810_678510998375_201404980_36089736_7038000_n.jpg

196625_678511038295_201404980_36089737_8042030_n.jpg

207019_678511088195_201404980_36089738_7163978_n.jpg

Round's a man, man. He overtakes me while I'm coming out of the turn. BALLS OF STEEL.
197170_678511153065_201404980_36089739_3244298_n.jpg

Round makes it around me, Seattle makes it around but that's mostly because he hung back while I went around the corner.

I have to say, if you haven't done those corners in a drift, attempt it. It's fun and when you slide through it and barrel out you feel good.

Top Bottom