• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Super GT League Season 2 - Vorsicht statt nachsicht

Angst

I'm in as well (we're starting this after the NRL event right?)

I'll be using the the Lexus IS350 I think.

EDIT - for the new page:
mush 2.0 said:
In light of the upcoming Easter holidays, we have decided to postpone the start of Season 2 from the 16th of April, to the 30th of April. We know how it is important to spend this time with your family and friends, so here at the Super GT Committee, we feel it's best that the drivers get to spend as much time as possible with their loved ones before they head back to the track for another Season of racing.

Instead, the Super GT Committee will organise a charity non-championship exhibition event for this upcoming weekend, to benefit those affected by the recent Japan Earthquake.

This event will be a GT300 class event at Tsukuba Circuit. The following cars are available to compete in the event with:

ASL Garaiya (ARTA SuperGT, '08)
Lexus IS350 (WedsSport SuperGT, '08)
RE Amemiya RX-7 (Asparadrink SuperGT, '06)
Subaru Impreza WRX (Cusco Dunlop SuperGT, '08)

ASL Garaiya (ARTA JGTC, '03)
Nissan Silva (C-West Razo JGTC. '01)
RE Amemiya RX-7 (Asparadrink JGTC, '04)
Subaru Impreza WRX (Cusco Advan JGTC, '03)
Toyota Celica (WedsSport JGTC, '03)
Toyota MR-S (SuperAutobacs Apex JGTC, '00)

Season ticket holders will be issued a full refund and be eligible for priority to purchase tickets for this replacement event. Please contact the outlet that you purchased your ticket from for further details.

Angst

MikeDub said:
Meh, waited long enough for season 2 so what's another 2 weeks. Won't it be near enough 2 months since the end of season 1?
Yep, pretty much. Will you join us for the event on Saturday?

BTW - the event on Saturday is open for everyone. Don't bother about teams etc. In the event that we get a full grid it's first come first serve.

Angst said:
Yep, pretty much. Will you join us for the event on Saturday?

BTW - the event on Saturday is open for everyone. Don't bother about teams etc. In the event that we get a full grid it's first come first serve.

Probably not, my GT5 interest has deteriorated lots since the end of season 1, I'll just sit tight until season 2.

Angst

brentech said:
well crud. figured easter race would be moved, but not so much the opener. Hopefully I can still make enough races.
We felt it would be weird to have one event and then hiatus. Also we'd prefer more teams to register.

Great news. I´m away this week and i was going to miss out on Suzuka, and didn´t knew what to expect on easter week.

Let´s try to get a full grid by april 30th.

seattle6418 said:
Great news. I´m away this week and i was going to miss out on Suzuka, and didn´t knew what to expect on easter week.

Let´s try to get a full grid by april 30th.

Great, so we all miss a perfect opportunity to pick up any points this season.

Dibbz

Have we come to a decision on Rain yet?

I'll just leave this here

gt5-rain_audi0uxp.gif

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Too bad it doesn't look like that outside of cockpit view.

ashk

So what's the news on the starting time of the event? I need to know if it's compatible with the NRL event and doesn't start too late.

Mush

ashk said:
So what's the news on the starting time of the event? I need to know if it's compatible with the NRL event and doesn't start too late.
It will be after the NRL event. Considering this is a casual thing, we're not going to be too strict. I'd say somewhere around 21.00GMT, unless you (and Toxa) have a problem?

ashk

Mush said:
It will be after the NRL event. Considering this is a casual thing, we're not going to be too strict. I'd say somewhere around 21.00GMT, unless you (and Toxa) have a problem?

21 GMT should be fine, providing the NRL event starts on time.

But I just remembered that the Chinese Grand Prix is this weekend (it starts at 8 AM here), so I'll probably be too tired by then. Maybe I'll take a nap before :p

Same as in NRL, won't be racing this weekend. I'll try to practice with you though, just for fun.

Ashk just reminded me that I'm probably going to miss the Chinese GP as well, crap.

Mush

Who is able to race this weekend anyway? I know it's just a casual thing but it would be nice to have a bit of pre-season fun.

ashk

Mush said:
Who is able to race this weekend anyway? I know it's just a casual thing but it would be nice to have a bit of pre-season fun.

I'd really like to race since I found the GT300 cars really fun to drive (maybe we should have more events like this?). But with the NRL event being the difficult Formula GT, plus getting up early to watch F1 I might be too exhausted to do another race. I'll do my best to make it though so consider my entry provisional ;)

Mush

OK, here is a little update regarding Konosuke and Permadeath.

Unfortunately, due to personal reasons, Permadeath is unable to compete in Season 2 of the League. So, Konosuke needs a partner.

Does the AzRim or anyone else wish to help out our (2nd) Portuguese friend?

TheSeks

Depending on if I can get my ass up, I may be there. I do need the practice.

Dead Man

Yeah, if I can wake up, I'll try to be there.

Also, I am still not getting the Epson NSX to 502hp, it seems to not get over 490 odd, even after oil change and 2 endurance events.

brentech

that's the first gt300 I've driven, even though I own about 6 of them or so. Totally different feel from the gt500s. Felt like I was in a go-cart, at least in the particular model I chose.

Mush

brentech said:
that's the first gt300 I've driven, even though I own about 6 of them or so. Totally different feel from the gt500s. Felt like I was in a go-cart, at least in the particular model I chose.
Well, it was an MR2. :p And it's like 11 years old to boot.

TheSeks

seattle6418 said:
Did you guys played tonight? How was it?

Slow. Got lapped by 3. Over took Mush and Niks due to phones. :(

Mush

TheSeks said:
Slow. Got lapped by 3. Over took Mush and Niks due to phones. :(
Actually, I just parked it out of sheer frustration after I selected the wrong car (I have 2 of that particular Silva) and ended up driving the one that was fresh from the USD without an oil change and Racing Softs. :(

Seks 1 - Mush 0

Mush

Juicy Bob said:
After that unbelievable F1 race, I reckon we should enforce a compulsory stint on Comfort Soft tires this season.
I wanted to make it so that everyone would have to use both the Hard and Racing Tyres at some point during the race but we agreed it would be too hard to police and considering GT5's lacklustre tyre physics, it wouldn't be that fun either.

Ark

Mush said:
I wanted to make it so that everyone would have to use both the Hard and Racing Tyres at some point during the race but we agreed it would be too hard to police and considering GT5's lacklustre tyre physics, it wouldn't be that fun either.

Too hard to police? You can watch the replays and see which tyres people are one. Then slap them a penalty if they cheat ;)

brentech

And that's the problem. a) it's retroactive and b) they could have effect on other races that maybe they wouldn't have been around with the correct tires.

just isn't worth the risk imo

Top Bottom