• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport demo coming Oct. 9

otapnam

guys, is the T150 worth it? i’m using an old T80 a friend let me have.

Ive got too many other expenses these days and won't be playing as much as i wish i could so i just went with the t150. (I want to get a wheel stand pro too so i can't justify a 300$+ wheel on top)

With that said. If you have the $ and are going to play alot maybe go bigger. If not maybe the t150 is good enough

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
guys, is the T150 worth it? i’m using an old T80 a friend let me have.

If you’re willing to part with the cash, then yes the t150 is a pretty large improvement from the t80. The Force Feedback alone will blow your mind as you feel bumps, grooves, gear changes, and most of all resistance and pushback in turns. The parts are all better too(well mostly the belt-driven rotor) so turning will feel smoother. It’s still an expense though, and the t80 will still work fine, but without FFB you really will be missing out. It’s difficult to really stress how additive that one feature is for a wheel, but then you try it for the first time...

Does anyone here have experience with the PlaySeat Challenge? It looks like a better option than the Wheel Stand Pro at a similar price. I'd rather have a dedicated seat/wheeel combo than having to find a comfortable configuration sitting on my couch.

Gestault

Did you get to try the motion control?

I can't afford a wheel either but the motion control turned out to be excellent and that's cheered me up. You get speed and accuracy and muscle memory build up that's more like a wheel than a thumbstick.

I'm not saying it's a replacement for a wheel, but i'll be playing that way and not missing a wheel as much.

I have an older Driving Force GT that I can spoof on the PS4, I'm just a sucker for sale-price wheels. This would be my third wheel. I'm a fucking moron, btw.

I recommend the GT Omega stand over the Wheel Stand Pro all day every day. Costs $100 less, built like a tank, folds down small as well, and way more stable with the dual uprights compared to the single upright wheel stand pro.
Drawing%201-700x700.jpg

https://usa.gtomegaracing.com/gt-omega-steering-racing-wheel-stands/gt-omega-steering-wheel-stand

Stillmatic

I just pull out an Ikea step ladder to hook my DFGT up to lol:

fJplbMF.png

I just took off the back X and bar, it's a good height for my chair. :p

Wollan

In the past they were pretty much the same genre but right now Forza is a car pokemon game that's more arcade, and GT Sport is an online racing game/simulator that's attempting to be more serious about the competitive aspects.

GTS has a safety rating that pretty much eliminates all intentional "destruction derby" behaviour in online races, which already sets it hugely apart from Forza 7 multiplayer.
Accurate.

Brandon F

but it's the same wheel? is it substantially better than the T150? so many choices...

Edit: ignore what I say below about the t150 being modular. I was corrected in that it is different from the t300.

The T300 wheel(well, rim) is better than the T150. The actual wheel is hollow plastic with rubberized grip on the T150, while on the T300 its steel with a full rubber coating and quite heavy. Just look at pics on google to get an idea of the difference.

Thrustmaster is modular, so you can swap wheel rims and pedals to the base servo and transform/upgrade a T150 to a 300 or beyond if you like. There are some real fancy wheel rims out there beyond the stock T300. The T150 is literally just a starter kit of sorts and you are really just buying the base rotor servo and getting a cheap wheel and pedals that is good and fine for casual use. The T300 just upgrades the wheel and pedal quality. Though even the 300 stock pedals are not great either(most serious players just buy the pro pedals separately, usually with a shifter to plug in too).

But if you just want something to play GTS and maybe a few other games here and there that doesn’t feel like junk or costly, the T150 is good for that.

darkwing

Yes it's substantially better and the pedals that come with the GT are worth it over the standard RS.

The T300 wheel(well, rim) is better than the T150. The servo is identical between the two I believe(the base rotor), but the actual circular wheel you grip that clips onto the servo is hollow plastic with rubberized grip on the T150, while on the T300 its steel with a full rubber coating and quite heavy. Just look at pics on google to get an idea of the difference.

Thrustmaster is modular, so you can swap wheel rims and pedals to the base servo and transform/upgrade a T150 to a 300 or beyond if you like. There are some real fancy wheel rims out there beyond the stock T300. The T150 is literally just a starter kit of sorts and you are really just buying the base rotor servo and getting a cheap wheel and pedals that is good and fine for casual use. The T300 just upgrades the wheel and pedal quality. Though even the 300 stock pedals are not great either(most serious players just buy the pro pedals separately, usually with a shifter to plug in too).

But if you just want something to play GTS and maybe a few other games here and there that doesn’t feel like junk or costly, the T150 is good for that.

how does this compare to the G29

Brandon F

how does this compare to the G29

I like the Thrustmaster more than the G29 personally.

The G29 is largely using the same tech as the old G27 and other last-gen wheels(gear-ratchet motor) which to most players means nothing until you directly compare with the belt-system that Thrustmaster now uses. The G29 just feels less smooth spinning the wheel and at times you can feel the notching or 'click' of the gears under operation, especially at certain intervals. Again, its not a big deal for most, but I found it kind of night of day better on the T-series. It was largely just a superior feel on the T300.

The G29 does have a nice leather wheel though, which some might prefer to the rubberized grip on the T300. You can always just swap a different wheel onto the T150 or 300 anyway though with cash to burn, but I also really like the T300 wheel quite a bit.

The pedals are slightly better on the G29 as well, but its almost a wash. I mean neither set comes with great stock pedals really(well I think they are perfectly fine on both honestly, but hardcore types scoff at both). The G29 does have a clutch pedal though, I mean you still need to buy a shifter to use it effectively but that is a bonus some may appreciate.

Another personal nitpick, but I also found the button layout FAR more comfortable on the T300. The G29 is kind of difficult to reach your thumbs to the face buttons and whatnot while racing. The T300 layoutjust has much easier access to every button with your thumbs while steering. I'm sure you get used to it on the G29, but everything just felt out of reach or in awkward places, while there are so many pointless dials and knobs that are unnecessary for 99% of players. But this is all just my comparison between the two.

That gigantic rear-view camera display in the Bugatti VGT drives me crazy. It's easier to look at that than actually look out the front of the car and it's not helped by the fact that the standard readout display is even lower. Worse, the gimmick elements on that display don't even work! Considering all the fuss they've made over it, it's a terrible cockpit design and something that would be tedious to drive in an actual endurance race. Note also that it was so originally specific to LeMans that it has a permanent image on a HUD in the center console, lol.

How's G27 VS T150? Durability, quality, FFB... I already have a GIMX setup for an old g27 and it works, but the on-wheel controls suck since they don't follow standard PS4 layout and having to use the PC for GIMX is super inconvenient.

I'm considering selling the g27 to get a T150 (anything else is out of budget). Buying a Raspberry and setting up GIMX on it is also an option, though.

Stillmatic

does this work well? how's the wobble?

Yeah it works well enough, I haven't used it in a while but don't remember having issues with wobbling. It'll be getting some use this week, so I'll see if I remembered right.

This time I might take the bottom step off though, give myself some more foot space as my feet reach through the end a bit.

If everything goes well with the Fanatec drivers at launch, I will be parting ways with my G27. It has a brake spring mod and is still in great condition. I would sell it including the CronusMax+ usb hub to make it work on PS4 to another GTS gaffer for $100 shipped to anywhere in continental US. PM me if interested. This will happen once I get my new wheel and the Fanatec support in GTS is confirmed. Playing a racing game without a wheel is like playing a FPS on PC without a mouse. I want someone else to get that satisfaction.

nikos

Thought the steelbook was the same price as the digital deluxe version, $79, but it's actually $69. It comes out to about $60 after tax with GCU.

Are the four extra cars and 1.5 million in-game credits worth the extra $20? I only earned about 350k credits in the demo, but I'm assuming later events will give a lot more credits.

On one hand, I want to save money. On the other, it's only $20 and I get to play it right at midnight with more incentives.

FeD.nL

The T300 wheel(well, rim) is better than the T150. The servo is identical between the two I believe(the base rotor), but the actual circular wheel you grip that clips onto the servo is hollow plastic with rubberized grip on the T150, while on the T300 its steel with a full rubber coating and quite heavy. Just look at pics on google to get an idea of the difference.

I have to correct you here but the T150 and T300 are completely different wheel bases. The T300 is a purely belt driven system (no FFB deadzone in the standard position). The T150 is an hybrid system (gear/belt) and thus has a deadzone in the standard position.

In addition to that you can NOT swap rims on the t150. While you can on the t300. The T300 is way more accurate in the FFB than the t150, and they are completely different bases.

With not much to unlock compared to previous GT games, I have no interest in a bunch of extra credits and cars with the deluxe version. Why pay more to make the hunt even smaller? Just my two cents.

With not much to unlock compared to previous GT games, I have no interest in a bunch of extra credits and cars with the deluxe version. Why pay more to make the hunt even smaller? Just my two cents.
There's nothing wrong with this attitude! In my case the price for the LE on Amazon got lower than the standard retail for the regular, so, hey, fuck it. You have nothing to defend yourself over, lol.

There's nothing wrong with this attitude! In my case the price for the LE on Amazon got lower than the standard retail for the regular, so, hey, fuck it. You have nothing to defend yourself over, lol.

No, for sure I don’t mean to say it is a bad choice, especially if it is cheaper and you want to hit the ground running. I just know my previous binging with GT games and for me it means another $20, not cheaper, so I feel no incentive to pay more for shit I know I will eventually unlock.

Brandon F

I have to correct you here but the T150 and T300 are completely different wheel bases. The T300 is a purely belt driven system (no FFB deadzone in the standard position). The T150 is an hybrid system (gear/belt) and thus has a deadzone in the standard position.

In addition to that you can NOT swap rims on the t150. While you can on the t300. The T300 is way more accurate in the FFB than the t150, and they are completely different bases.

Oh damn, I only really have used the G29 and t300. I guess I assumed the t150 was part of the same ecosystem as the t300 so I was wrong. Thanks for clearing this up. I’ll edit my posts.

No, for sure I don’t mean to say it is a bad choice, especially if it is cheaper and you want to hit the ground running. I just know my previous binging with GT games and for me it means another $20, not cheaper, so I feel no incentive to pay more for shit I know I will eventually unlock.
I'd like to randomly shill for the game and mention how refreshing it is to have a title where regardless of pre-order bonuses from version or retailer, all the same content is available in the end with normal in-game currency. Looking at you, Ubi, Activision.

I'd like to randomly shill for the game and mention how refreshing it is to have a title where regardless of pre-order bonuses from version or retailer, all the same content is available in the end with normal in-game currency. Looking at you, Ubi, Activision.

Yep, let deal hunters and people who don’t have the time, to benefit from the deluxe reap the benefits. Far too many deluxe editions are worthless after like 15 minutes into the game. Getting more cars is exciting and with lobby mode (based on demo) you have to own the cars to race with them so it will provide a benefit to many who aren’t going to sink 100’s of hours in to it.

Do people complaining about content realize this game is priced lower than most new releases?

$79 AU on the PS Store. Forza 7 cost me 20 dollars more on windows.

Top Bottom