• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo SPORT | OT | Putting it all on the line

ghibli99

Guess I'll play a little Driveclub or Forza 7 before bed, since this game's rendered useless for now. That's a really big problem... I'm actually kinda glad it happened while I was online so that it's not just something I read about peripherally and potentially dismiss. Have a good one all... see you tomorrow.

Like "amazing chest ahead" and "try holding with both hands".
Definitely the latter. :)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Wow, that's some real BS. so I can't play even the singleplayer mode of a game I paid for because the network is offline. Great.

cakely

is there way to tell how much your SR rating went up or down after a race in Sports mode?

If there is I have no idea how.

Your SR rating will be red (down) white (neutral) or blue (up) at the end of a sport mode race, but I don't think there's anyway to tell how much it goes up or down.

If you can make it back to your bloodstain without dying you can get your credits back.

Going to be a long search if it's nürburgring.

Lots of messages from other players on the ground while you look...
PdE7lrC.gif

farisr

I think it's for assuring integrity for FIA purposes. I didn't think you're ever buying the game anyway.
Well you thought wrong. I plan on buying this game when MSRP hits $30 (which is what I bought GT5 Prologue for). It won't happen however if the save system for offline progression and driving school + missions etc does not change as I have a strict policy on not buying games with online-required that doesn't justify it.

And FIA purposes is not an excuse for limiting offline progress. The game checks and adjusts car stats anyways at the start of the race if its too high, save modding shouldn't do jack to the integrity of the online matches and if it does then PD needs to to implement a new server side push of stats down to the client when in a race rather than completely nerf the offline functionality of the vast majority of the game's non-sport modes.

Anyone of you guys having problems uploading GT Sport videos to YouTube with the share button recently? I’ve tried multiple times today and I’m unable to upload any videos which is weird because I uploaded a bunch on launch day and videos from other games upload fine.

Oh you mean the AI doesn't engage in bump drafting. I have not tried it intentionally, but I think the physics works.

You'll have to be in contact with the front car for it to work. Outside of nascar racing, I think this is frowned upon.

It's because like all the catch up challenges, their order and track position pre determined. You can't bump draft them. You could do that in GT5 even. You probably can in other events where they aren't coded to be locked in a specific position.

Oh right. This was maintenance they announced a day ago. It rightfully annoys NA players, but in a scope of trying to keep their extremely diverse international audience appeased, the American market is not their priority and wouldn't be the largest group in size compared to JP+Asia or EU. Combine trying to inconvenience as few people as possible with standard business hours in Japan = this is when you get downtime.

Even if they want to keep something like brands restricted offline to prevent hacked saves, there's zero excuse for campaign, scapes, or general garage access. This really really needs a fix.

onanie

Well you thought wrong. I plan on buying this game when MSRP hits $30 (which is what I bought GT5 Prologue for). It won't happen however if the save system for offline progression and driving school + missions does not change as I have a strict policy on not buying games with online-required that doesn't justify it. And FIA purposes is not an excuse for limiting offline progress. The game checks and adjusts car stats anyways at the start of the race if its too high or too low, save modding shouldn't do jack to the integrity of the online matches and if it does then PD needs to implement a new server side system rather than completely nerf the offline functionality of the vast majority of the games non-sport modes.

Apart from FIA, pd will be concerned about integrity of the savegame as well.

You're setting yourself to never buy this game really.

farisr

You're setting yourself to never buy this game really.
Yeah, I'm setting myself to never buy the game by going back to the past and posting about my views about always online and online required across various threads over the years like for Hitman, Need For Speed 2015, The Crew, For Honor, the Xbox One DRM etc

I'm a mad genius. I had it in for this game before it was even announced.

Edit: Also, this discussion has been done to death already, if you're interested in all the responses you were likely going to make and I would make in return, here's the 22+ page thread. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1449191

After a few days with this game so far, I'm really enjoying it. It drives really well (especially since im on a controller for now) and the online mode is really appealing. Unfortunately the servers have been down for me today everytime I tried to play so I haven't really delved in to that much today.

That being said the lack of offline career mode kinda sucks. But that still doesnt mean the game isn't fun. I think I'm going to go with a combo of this being my online racing game and PC2 and F1 2017 being my career mode games.

onanie

It's because like all the catch up challenges, their order and track position pre determined. You can't bump draft them. You could do that in GT5 even. You probably can in other events where they aren't coded to be locked in a specific position.

You can bump draft any of the cars you like. They're probably set too isolated in the scenarios to help you bump draft to first place.

onanie

Yeah, I'm setting myself to never buy the game by going back to the past and posting about my views about always online and online required across various threads over the years like for Hitman, Need For Speed 2015, The Crew, For Honor, the Xbox One DRM etc

I guess so, since "always online" has always been your aggravation. Genius.

farisr

I guess so, since "always online" has always been your aggravation. Genius.
Thanks for recognizing my intellect.

Also, since you probably missed the edit, in case you're still interested in the back and forth about online saves, I direct you to this 22 page thread full of back and forths about whether this should be a thing or not with probably all the points you'd raise and all the points I'd raise.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1449191

onanie

Then no offense, you have no idea what you are talking about. I have done it 9 times. I have tried dragging cars forward with draft, bump drafting, pack drafting. Nothing closes the gap other than going solo and staying on a single set of tires.

You golded it 9 times? Or are you not qualified to talk about it either?

You golded it 9 times? Or are you not qualified to talk about it either?

I have got second once. I have done it 9 time trying for gold with various techniques and levels of success. What is your status? You just say things with nothing to back it up. You didn't even seem to understand what bump drafting was a few posts back and now you are telling me that you can do it in this mission when you clearly cannot. The cars slow down with contact or the weave to the side.

Skitso78

A fresh Logitech G29 owner here. This is my first wheel controller ever and there's one thing I'm wondering: is there no regular vibration function in this thing at all? While I get a really nice force feedback, it lacks all the smaller nuances like road surface, cerbs, engine, transmission and engine vibrations I get with a regular controller. Do I have a defect product or is this a normal feaure with just GTS or a G29?

Also, there's two force feedback settings in the options menu. Any suggestions to those?

Thanks.

Edit: Also, this discussion has been done to death already, if you're interested in all the responses you were likely going to make and I would make in return, here's the 22+ page thread. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1449191
It wasn't a snide remark. He's basically saying that the always online will likely stay. I don't see why you have to be so defensive about it.

If you won't buy the game now, it's understandable. No one likes the online save requirement. Most of us hope it will change, but is living with it since we like playing the game more than hating that problem.

Anyway it's not the first time I've seen you stating your dislike for the always online requirement in GT Sport. It's like a vegan who have to remind everyone that they are one in every conversation they have.

That's cool, I suck at making liveries and I also don't have the patience, but I love what others create.

It looks like they're planning to do the same with decals. So you could download others decals and add them to your car, and they shouldn't be restricted to the specific car.

farisr

It wasn't a snide remark. He's basically saying that the always online will likely stay. I don't see why you have to be so defensive about it.

If you won't buy the game now, it's understandable. No one likes the online save requirement. Most of us hope it will change, but is living with it since we playing the game more than hating that problem.

Anyway it's not the first time I've seen you stating your dislike for the always online requirement in GT Sport. It's like a vegan who have to remind everyone that they are one in every conversation they have.
Well yeah, you would've seen a lot of it in the other thread if you visited the one that's solely about the subject. I only bring it up in other places if the subject naturally comes up, which was 2 times in this thread out of my 17 posts. The 2nd post was then quoted and this recent back and forth started as a result because it was being suggested that I never planned on buying the game in the first place and then it was history.

Also, I'm sorry, I'm coming from the review thread where almost anybody with a negative opinion is questioned about whether they have tried the beta or own the game or not, so I took it the "setting yourself up" as a snide remark, if it wasn't and I misunderstood I apologize.

And lastly, (just a general statement not directed at anyone) I don't hang out in OTs of games I never planned on buying and you are free to can check my post history in this thread to see I have actually helped out people with questions they've had about settings and features.

After watching the demo video again and again and looking at where the driver braked and their gearing (I really wish there were scrubbing controls to replay sections...it's a bit janky that they put these on youtube), I finally got gold on Driving Test 29!!

0:17:569 hell yes

Fuck turn 1 into turn 2 on Brands Hatch in a Type R.

Qualied 4th in my first sport race, dropped to 7th cause I fucked that turn on lap 2 after being in 3rd. Feels bad :(

Top Bottom