• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Man, this Platinum Sky event is the shit. Makes me want to watch Redline and the Watchowski's Speed Racer again.

mAcOdIn

Man. The light struggle is real. No matter how many raids I run I can't get shit to drop, so painful.

As an aside I scrounged up enough crystals from undone fates and missions, did a 10 pull and actually got the rooster girl. Not that I can use her but that's a pretty damn rare pull so I'm happy.

Wondering if I should take a break from Lumeria and try and build a Wind team, I got some good units there.

Azusa

Man. The light struggle is real. No matter how many raids I run I can't get shit to drop, so painful.

As an aside I scrounged up enough crystals from undone fates and missions, did a 10 pull and actually got the rooster girl. Not that I can use her but that's a pretty damn rare pull so I'm happy.

Wondering if I should take a break from Lumeria and try and build a Wind team, I got some good units there.

its ok. I have burned a bit more than 1000bp (500 raids) this fest on chev and got only 1 gun and 1 sword. RNG.

So I kinda fucked up- I misunderstood my friend and thought that you'll get a free pick of a single SSR character at the start of a new account. Somehow or another I missed out the 3000yen part =_=

captainpat

Can you Mvp those light raids? Cause if you can't I'd definitely build a wind pool first.

mAcOdIn

Can you Mvp those light raids? Cause if you can't I'd definitely build a wind pool first.
I can kill Adversa solo but Lumeria Omega I can't even MVP. I'm in kind of a weird spot it seems.
its ok. I have burned a bit more than 1000bp (500 raids) this fest on chev and got only 1 gun and 1 sword. RNG.
And this scares the hell out of me.

Not sure if it's even worth hosting if I can't MVP. I really should look into going wind in the meantime.

captainpat

I can kill Adversa solo but Lumeria Omega I can't even MVP. I'm in kind of a weird spot it seems.

Nah, Omega Celeste and Luminera are in a totally different league from those hard raids. You should go for a wind pool. It's way easier to complete and once it is you should be powerful enough to mvp both raids.

Azusa

And this scares the hell out of me.

Not sure if it's even worth hosting if I can't MVP. I really should look into going wind in the meantime.

When I started I grinded wind a bit until I could mvp my chev and started to grind light.
Also you can grind wind while spending all your renown on chev guns. In 2-3 months you can buy enough guns for initial light grid.

Verelios

When I started I grinded wind a bit until I could mvp my chev and started to grind light.
Also you can grind wind while spending all your renown on chev guns. In 2-3 months you can buy enough guns for initial light grid.
...I just realized I've never used renown. And suddenly I'm hopping over to the shop.

Thats just the way the cookie crumbles, sometimes I get three ssrss in a row others i go a week with only a flip and thats hitting a luminiera omege raid everytime I have 2 bp. I also do typically steal mvp.

Well, just started this game and so far it gives me old school FF vibes.

So far from my starting 10 premium pull I got the following SSR pulls:

Varuna
Ghandagoza (Brahma Gauntlet)
Alethia (Greatsword Andalius)

Are the weapons even worth mentioning? The chars came from the weapons so I don't think I need to list the weapons. Getting the weapon means you get the char right? I'm a complete nub

Azusa

Varuna

Are the weapons even worth mentioning? The chars came from the weapons so I don't think I need to list the weapons. Getting the weapon means you get the char right? I'm a complete nub

Yes. You are getting weapons and chars are the bonus. But then you usually dont use this weapons later on. Only few are good or its just hard to get enough copies to maximum limit break them. Just save them all for now or use it in your initial weapon grid.

Fancolors

Hi GAF, I just got this for chrome and my job became a multitasking mess.

I'm lost, what is this rerolling people keep talking about?

mAcOdIn

Hi GAF, I just got this for chrome and my job became a multitasking mess.

I'm lost, what is this rerolling people keep talking about?
It's basically using fake email addresses to keep making new accounts and playing the beginning of the game until you get a character or summon you want with your first free rolls.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wonder if I should go in harder during Guild Wars for my light team. I do have a Zeus so unevolved GW weapons would be pretty good, even though it only comes around every few months I can probably still get more drops than from farming Magnas,

Azusa

It's basically using fake email addresses to keep making new accounts and playing the beginning of the game until you get a character or summon you want with your first free rolls.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wonder if I should go in harder during Guild Wars for my light team. I do have a Zeus so unevolved GW weapons would be pretty good, even though it only comes around every few months I can probably still get more drops than from farming Magnas,

bad idea. Now GW is harder than before and its hard to get tokens and roll weapon. Its way faster to buy 5 guns in 2 and half month than farm gw weapons.

Just get 5 guns and your light grid is ready to play.

5 guns + 2 baha weapons + 2 something? -- nice way to start light grid.
+ gw main hand (harp is the best). Later on you can add light sword, 1-2 light unknown and/or cosmos gun.

The main requirement to use chev summon + friend lucifer is to have 5 max skilled guns. You can wait for any light event and farm random attack up light weapon to fill the gaps while you farm more chev guns/swords. We will have light unknown this year for sure ( at least tales even rerun).

Light and dark takes patience to build a grid.

Pics_nao

Varuna

Varuna is a great summon for water if you don't want to grind out Levi. Fenrir bows were stupidly good with Varuna before they recently got nerfed but it's still good enough to do damage.

Alethia's sword is a great mainhand weapon for earth. Hold onto it.

Fancolors

I dunno if it's good or not, but I just killed a giant bird in a raid and it felt good.

I also dropped two fire waifus with guns. They are probably relatively worthless compared to SR characters, but at least they are cute.

Ultimadrago

Oh sweet, picked up Ayer in my Free Draw today. I was slightly curious about him, but never considered ticketing them. That makes things convenient!

Any reason to hold onto the special draw tickets (SR/SSR, Max Level Weapon, or New Year's)?
If your eyeballin a certain character, weapon or summon, you could wait until that thing's chances are boosted for a limited time. Or if you see nothing and wanna wait til they release something new thats more to your taste, there's that.

Otherwise, go for it.

Sheiter

If your eyeballin a certain character, weapon or summon, you could wait until that thing's chances are boosted for a limited time. Or if you see nothing and wanna wait til they release something new thats more to your taste, there's that.

Otherwise, go for it.

Special tickets which appear on the Rupie/Other tab are actually unaffected by any rate-up. The only thing that affects them is that they pull from the current pool, so it's best to use them during a Premium Gala (called leffes or legendary festival by most of us) where limited characters are available (like now) or wait until special seasonal characters are available like in summer.

edit: New years tickets may not follow these rules and only pull from what is available right now.

Strimei

Thus far had pretty bleh luck with all my draws. So as I used the 2017 draw ticket thingy they're giving out daily for the next few days, I expected the same.

fxLTeS1.png

Huh. Well ok then.

Also since taking the screencap reminded me, how does one turn off that chat bubble thing? I accidentally turned it on a few weeks back and it annoys me but I can't figure it out.

Man, this Platinum Sky event is the shit. Makes me want to watch Redline and the Watchowski's Speed Racer again.

I was prepared to just kinda gloss over it and skip it all but I ended up reading through the whole thing and enjoying it. I kind of want the racing costumes to stick around, they're cute. And the fights were fun (and silly).

TUSR

Banned
Thus far had pretty bleh luck with all my draws. So as I used the 2017 draw ticket thingy they're giving out daily for the next few days, I expected the same.

Huh. Well ok then.

Also since taking the screencap reminded me, how does one turn off that chat bubble thing? I accidentally turned it on a few weeks back and it annoys me but I can't figure it out.

I was prepared to just kinda gloss over it and skip it all but I ended up reading through the whole thing and enjoying it. I kind of want the racing costumes to stick around, they're cute. And the fights were fun (and silly).

Game Settings->Gameplay Settings->(scroll down to Chat section)->Display chat->OFF

Grats on Djeanne, shes a Dark lineup staple.

Strimei

Game Settings->Gameplay Settings->(scroll down to Chat section)->Display chat->OFF

Grats on Djeanne, shes a Dark lineup staple.

Thanks!

And thanks too heh. I've been working on wind but guess I'll see what I can do with dark too (with what I have anyway, which admittedly isn't much).

TUSR

Banned
Thanks!

And thanks too heh. I've been working on wind but guess I'll see what I can do with dark too (with what I have anyway, which admittedly isn't much).

keep building that wind till you can MVP magnas, there is lots of power you can get out of a wind team early on.

there is a discord link in the OP if youre into that stuff.

Special tickets which appear on the Rupie/Other tab are actually unaffected by any rate-up. The only thing that affects them is that they pull from the current pool, so it's best to use them during a Premium Gala (called leffes or legendary festival by most of us) where limited characters are available (like now) or wait until special seasonal characters are available like in summer.

edit: New years tickets may not follow these rules and only pull from what is available right now.

Well, good to know that now.

Rainy

Banned
Saw some artwork of the New Year's skins and had an inkling to start up Granblue again, haven't played in months.

Had a whole bunch of rewards in my inbox. Didn't get anything from the New Year's ticket but from the 5 max weapon tickets I got Amira (she's really good isn't she?), and a second Heaven's Cloud weapon.

Didn't get anything too good with the 3k crystal draw.

Question I guess since I kinda forgot what I should be focusing on in the game right now.

I have a dark team (a mix of Dark Jeanne, Narmaya, Vampy, with Lady Grey and Yoda for back up) and I'm Rank 47.

I only have these dark weapons, so I'm guessing I should be joining Celeste raids to find more of them?

TUSR

Banned
Question I guess since I kinda forgot what I should be focusing on in the game right now.

I have a dark team (a mix of Dark Jeanne, Narmaya, Vampy, with Lady Grey and Yoda for back up) and I'm Rank 47.

I only have these dark weapons, so I'm guessing I should be joining Celeste raids to find more of them?

Leech Celeste Magnas, you want Claws and Axes. If you get multiple spears, fully uncap one and hang onto it.

If you don't have many Erunes, try and get a Baha sword and work towards that.

You can comfortably run DJeanne, Vampy, Narmaya as a front line for a while. Just hit things harder than they hit you until you die.

Is there any advantage to joining crews?

Is there a GAF crew?

Yes, you get access to guild buffs, the most important ones being 30% charge at start, +20% drop boost and 2 potions at start as well.

There are 4, 2 of which are competitive and one is casual. I have no idea on the status of the 4th one.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Magfes is ALMOST over. I felt like it was a pretty bad magfes since the majority of the time I hadn't gotten anything outside of a single Chev gun after around 40 runs or so. Right around last week things started popping off and I'm glad with my haul for the most part.

I have farmed a total of 443 magna/DAO/Grande/Baha raids. Of which I have received
3 Chev guns
2 Celeste Axes
1 Celeste Claw
12 Grande Feathers
2 Grande Horns
1 Grande Centrum
1 Bahamut Horn
3 Olden Cortanas
9 DAO Animas
6 Selfies of varying types

I also got to Rank 104 and unlocked HL and working on part 2 of my Class Weapon. All in all it was a very productive 7 days.

EDIT: In comparison to why I thought it was initially bad, last magfes I only did 127 raids and I got 4 Celeste Axes and 3 Celeste Claws.

ohlawd

EDIT: In comparison to why I thought it was initially bad, last magfes I only did 127 raids and I got 4 Celeste Axes and 3 Celeste Claws.

and to drill this point in your head even further, this shit is not normal so stop having such messed up expectations regarding drops lol

mAcOdIn

and to drill this point in your head even further, this shit is not normal so stop having such messed up expectations regarding drops lol
So, this drop rate was bad..... or normal?

Anyways, I got a Chec Sword, Gun and a few Harps, Grids about complete now, I guess I got some stuff done on my end too.

ohlawd

So, this drop rate was bad..... or normal?

Anyways, I got a Chec Sword, Gun and a few Harps, Grids about complete now, I guess I got some stuff done on my end too.

freaking great drop rate, especially for the light/dark raids since they have it the worst percentage-wise. if someone told me they got the trophy for 200 magna raids without seeing a single good drop I wouldn't bat an eye. so yeah doing raids in the hundreds with nothing to show for it is normal.

Uthred

Welp used the free pull for the daily blue, used todays login pull ticket, saw the rainbow, got a dupe Dark Jeanne. So thats a dupe and De La Fille, come back blue crystals all is forgiven ;)

With magnafest ending pretty soon, figured I'd go over what progress I ended up making since returning to my account:

Picked up a couple chev swords, three from drops, one from the shop. Contemplating using my next damascus on my first sword to 3* it so I can work on grinding out the mats to mlb it and pop it into my grid. (Likely replacing my gw katana, which idk what I was thinking making that in the first place.)

Picked up some ygg swords/daggers for my earth sub grid. Right now it's rocking a real mediocre titan layout with a handful of gatcha weapons, the most recent event's bow, and some of the christmas gw staves.

Nothing real noteworthy on any other element. Want to start working on a fire grid since I have Agni, Athena, and the core fire line up of Clarrise, Yuel, and Percy. But that's a long way off.

No wind grid to speak of means this next GW is going to be a pain in the ass. Despite hosting 3 tiamat a day, and leeching off/mvping others tias, I only got one single gun.

Ended up having to spark Lucio, didn't get either zodiac character. Picked up a ton of earth characters along way, and a bunch of summons.

Got Jeanne to level 100, along with Amira. My light lineup is pretty hefty -- SSR Io is surpsingly useful as a heal bot.

Hit rank 101+ and started dipping my foot in HL content. Right now I'm running HL Chevs and Celestes since they're pretty easy to clear with pubs. Working on getting T4 classes and the coda upgrade for my baha dagger.

I'm a bit behind the curve in terms of power because I lost my account, and I wasn't really farming very hard before, so a bunch of the folks who started around the same time that I did (english translation!) are way ahead of me, but I feel like I've made a ton of progress over the last few weeks -- having a lot of time off work helped that immensely.

Still low key looking for a crew; I'm in an all JP one with strike times at like 4 am - 5 am pst, and I was in the top 3 honors at the end of last GW. No communication is a real bummer for me though -- this game is an mmo-lite, and not being able to hang out and chat with people is real killer.

tl;dr: grindblue got me bad again.

Top Bottom