• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Falk

that puzzling face
Not sure if it's even worth hosting if I can't MVP. I really should look into going wind in the meantime.

For what it's worth, the ratio of SSR weapons in red vs gold chests for Lumi/Celeste is lower than for the four elements, so you're 'missing out' on less by not MVPing. :V

gotten my next batch of 10 premium pulls going.

only 1 SSR and it's a Cagliostro

Oh well, at least I can use the Ouroboros for training staff classes up.

So for now my SRR's are

Calgiostro, Ghandagoza, and Alethia.

How good is Cagliostro? I have no clue how good chars are since I'm still only on the 3rd island.

Rainy

Banned
Leech Celeste Magnas, you want Claws and Axes. If you get multiple spears, fully uncap one and hang onto it.

If you don't have many Erunes, try and get a Baha sword and work towards that.

You can comfortably run DJeanne, Vampy, Narmaya as a front line for a while. Just hit things harder than they hit you until you die.

So I'm not strong enough to MVP any raids or anything. I do have a decent amount of water SSRs (yoda, kat, lily) should I maybe try to go water first then focus on dark?

TUSR

Banned
So I'm not strong enough to MVP any raids or anything. I do have a decent amount of water SSRs (yoda, kat, lily) should I maybe try to go water first then focus on dark?

Leeching Magna Celeste is almost just as effective as hosting it, the drop rates are so low on SSRs from Celeste that you can just spend your berries/balms (during magfes only) to get Dark weapons. No dire need to MVP them.

You can also work on a water team as well at the same time, but you should focus on monoelement early on.

Like I said before, your Dark team is quite good. Djeanme, Vampy, and Naru.

mAcOdIn

Oh man I feel stupid as hell.

I've felt I was at a weird spot because while I've got a good light grid and some good light characters, Jeanne, Amira, Seruel, Sophia, SR Ferry with a 100% Lumineria Omega Summon I still couldn't really MVP anything and honor wise my drops always sucked.

But.....

I didn't realize they made the Kaguya Summon so OP for farming by adding a 20% item drop boost to her aura, it literally changes everything, I can run with her as my summon instead of Lumineria, still get roughly the same honors or clear the same content BUT the drops are way better. Farming Lumineria's also way easier with Kaguya because say you get in near the end, you can still attack quickly just incase the team's about to kill her but if not, hell you're brought back to life and pretty much ready to go with your chain attack. Even renown's better with Kaguya, I can put a Rare character on my front line, wipe at the end, get rezzed and get the renown bonus for having a rare character on my front line. Way better than the rabbit.

Rainy

Banned
Leeching Magna Celeste is almost just as effective as hosting it, the drop rates are so low on SSRs from Celeste that you can just spend your berries/balms (during magfes only) to get Dark weapons. No dire need to MVP them.

You can also work on a water team as well at the same time, but you should focus on monoelement early on.

Like I said before, your Dark team is quite good. Djeanme, Vampy, and Naru.

Alright thank you!

Verelios

Yo, someone tell me if I'm crazy for using the beginner ticket on new fire summon. Legfes shit on me something fierce this month. Next year game...next year

ohlawd

Yo, someone tell me if I'm crazy for using the beginner ticket on new fire summon. Legfes shit on me something fierce this month. Next year game...next year

someone will probably tell you to hold off until you have enough sunstones to MLB Shiva the second you get him. I'd go for it if you don't want the other limited characters in your pool.

garath

Did you start playing during a legfest? If your beginner ticket includes any limited characters you can only get during legfest then I would only use it on such a limited char. And probably not until you have a solid need. (I just used mine on Eugen, a limited earth char after 8 months or so of playing)

Verelios

someone will probably tell you to hold off until you have enough sunstones to MLB Shiva the second you get him. I'd go for it if you don't want the other limited characters in your pool.

Did you start playing during a legfest? If your beginner ticket includes any limited characters you can only get during legfest then I would only use it on such a limited char. And probably not until you have a solid need. (I just used mine on Eugen, a limited earth char after 8 months or so of playing)

You can't ticket Shiva unless you have 150 gold moons and exchange for the siero ticket.
But the beginner ticket says anyone that started playing after 2014 can get a leg summon...Guess that's not true then. GB stay slaying me this year

Wait nightmare difficulty event battles are easier than soloing the Extreme raid? Is this always the case? I've never even bothered since I could never solo an extreme event battle before, but the Maddie burst raid was doable so I tried nightmare and it was no big deal. So confused.

Talaysen

Wait nightmare difficulty event battles are easier than soloing the Extreme raid? Is this always the case? I've never even bothered since I could never solo an extreme event battle before, but the Maddie burst raid was doable so I tried nightmare and it was no big deal. So confused.

Pretty much always. You don't get any blue potions though.

Felessan

freaking great drop rate, especially for the light/dark raids since they have it the worst percentage-wise. if someone told me they got the trophy for 200 magna raids without seeing a single good drop I wouldn't bat an eye. so yeah doing raids in the hundreds with nothing to show for it is normal.
It's really depends on whether you can get vice-mvp (additional gold chest with higher SSR chances) or MVP (red chest with even higher chances).
I usually get 3-5 SSR drops per 100 of battles, 80% of those are vice-MVP. Getting MVP for other's Lumi is a hassle and not time-efficient, you can get ~80 Lumi kills in a hour if you target for vice-MVP.
Self-hosted MVP are nice, but it changes nothing as rates are so low, that you really need quantity first to quality of the chest make any difference. And additional 3 red chests per day will change nothing.

Skipped this magnafest, as i had zero balms/seeds at the beginning of it and was pretty busy in the year end. Wanna get at least 1 MLB Lumi sword next time...

mAcOdIn

So, Renown as playing Light, should I be focusing on buying swords or guns? And if swords should I focus on uncapping a single sword or getting all 4 and skilling them up uncapped? Is the sword something worth using a damascus stone or or save those?

Azusa

So, Renown as playing Light, should I be focusing on buying swords or guns? And if swords should I focus on uncapping a single sword or getting all 4 and skilling them up uncapped? Is the sword something worth using a damascus stone or or save those?

Guns. Only guns. Get 5 guns first, max skill them and then max uncap one by one.

Chev swords are useless unit you hit 101+ rank and can farm light urns to uncap them.

Dont use damascus on swords for now. If you arent rank 101+ dont use damascus on anything at all.

RexRexRez

Neo Member
General tl;dr of all the relevant info:
  • Samurai Showdown collab coming this month
  • Valkyrie T4 planned for release mid to late Jan. Will be called Apsara
GW changes:
  • elemental damage reduction for non-strong-element will be the same for all nightmare levels this gw. However, going forward, the amount of damage reduction will increase for each level (90, 95, 100)
  • for this gw, level 95 nightmare will be available on day 2 and level 100 will be available on day 4. This schedule may change going forward or they may revert it to what they did last gw and have them all be available from day 1.
  • AP/BP costs will be reduced; in particular, they plan to reduce BP consumption significantly
  • buffed drop rates on extreme+ fights
  • lowered hp for level 90 HELL modes
  • buffed honors and meats for fights below EXTREME
  • meat exchange ratio changed from 5:1 to 3:1
  • naoise and abby added to gw rewards
Other changes:
  • new fire showdown
  • character zeniths
  • lowered journey drop requirements to hit silver/gold/plat
  • seasonal scenes changed from 1 day duration to 2, birthday scenes extended a week
  • Vice mvp includes 3rd place now as well. 2nd/3rd place gets a chance at getting an mvp box (different chance based on if you were 2nd/3rd). Host box still planned to have a higher drop rate than MVP

https://www.reddit.com/r/Granblue_en/comments/5m5ph4/future_grand_blue_fantasy_january_2017/

Gizuko

100% damage reduction? This is just... Wow.

Actually they should give us free party slots. At least an additional row. Do they really expect everybody to have 1 slot for each element, or to rebuild parties on a monthly/bimonthly basis?

Specially once you hit HL and need to have different jobs for a single element at the ready.

RexRexRez

Neo Member
This month is Valkyrie Job IV which means next month is the last one, Job IV of SS. I wonder if they will add Job V or maybe an upgrade of Extra jobs.

captainpat

Man, these GW changes are gonna be rough. I'm glad it's earth. My wind pool just about done so I gives me a lot of time to work on the other elements

Falk

that puzzling face
EFHZfmm.gif

This story event was so good. Possibly the best one I've done so far despite its slight campyness.

Nice to know some of that whale money is going into the event production budget.

MSMrRound

The story for this event was enjoyable...but the farming for the medals and stuff...urgh.

Wish they would change up the formula somewhat instead of just honor points+gacha ticket draw/material exchange over and over.

RexRexRez

Neo Member
I had quite decent light grid but I was struggling even to MVP celeste, but fast forward today, I suptix Juliet and now I can MVP Celeste with ease. Juliet is amazing.

This was the first event I've been able to clear out all of the honors bonuses, and I'm 15 medals away from getting the fourth bow. I guess my wind grid is progressing, but also Maddie doesn't hit very hard or have much in the way of debuffs.

Rainy

Banned
lol crying finally after so many leeches off raids i got my first ssr from celeste...

VGe9Hhw.png

Is getting a duplicate the only way I can uncap?

Verelios

Uncapping any other way isn't worth it. Look on the bright side, you can host/leech and trade in renown on your down time to fully uncap it unlike other SSR weapons where you wouldn't be able to even if you were willing.

Rainy

Banned
Uncapping any other way isn't worth it. Look on the bright side, you can host/leech and trade in renown on your down time to fully uncap it unlike other SSR weapons where you wouldn't be able to even if you were willing.
True! Happy I at least got one. The grind continues~

RexRexRez

Neo Member
Rough translation of an insider post from 2ch.

Next light SR 5*: Arusha
Next fire SR 5*: Marie
Next dark SSR 5*: Vaseraga
Next dark SR 5*:Shao
Next wind SSR 5*: Feena
Next wind SR 5*: Minigobu

*DO-relaunch is put on ice for now as we are focusing on conquests.
*Arcanum is currently set for relaunch in April.
*April fool collab is a rerun and sequel with Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy.
*No new dark SSR for atleast another three months. But the next character is a popular one.
*The unknowns this month: a light katana and a wind dagger. Skill level 15 confirmed.
*The earth doraf in trial mode is related to Yaia.
*February will have two renewal events, one of them is from 2016. The reason is to hype up its upcoming character song.
*No plans for a shadowverse collab as of this post.

https://boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/164892984/

Note : All of these info are not official, so take it with a grain of salt

Top Bottom