• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Astarte

Whatever fun I've had with granblue is rapidly getting sucked straight out of my system.
If this anniversary doesn't make me go :eyes: then I'll just softquit.

At least I got team water potato

MrCinos

would be pretty dumb to not at least use a gold moon or two on CP to get started on unlocking a whole bunch of T1-T3 classes. we're talking about a person who's just starting out.

unless lol you think using 1-2 moons when you're new is gonna harm your progression at endgame.
I did use 1 gold moon, because
1) I didn't want to play hours upon hours without class progression on main character
2) I want to get Hawkeye's skill for increased drops as early as possible
3) I can't afford to grind CP from events currently because I'm trying to get 9000 crystals by the end of the month.

Added in my third sword, and I could finally add two more skill levels to the baha dagger (thank you to my two lvl 15 Luminera harp omegas). One of the guns is also 4star but i dont have any fodder to skill level it or even level it up past 101 :(

C5dC5PyVMAEqbxt.jpg:small

Building water and dark now..

Was hoping to MLB Silver Bow, but fat chance if dupes can only be had through the Nightmare fight. Ugh. Hope this doesn't set a precedent for all future event weapons.

mAcOdIn

Seems popular in this thread (poor YHWH) and on the subReddit. I don't mind gyaru characters either, Chloe is pretty funny.

Who did you spark instead?
There's only a handful of characters able to be sparked each draw banner and Summer Zooey was the only one I wanted out of the bunch so once I got her I stopped rolling. Going to save up for either a Juliet for my light team or a good summon. Odin would be a good pick for me. Korwa would pretty much complete my wind team if I wanted to go that way.

Really I guess it depends on what team you want to build and if you're full free to play or don't mind buying a surprise ticket or two. If you buy a ticket every couple of months you'll build up a good team in due time from the roster that's always available so it's really the limited characters only available during summer, winter and legendfest that you should probably save your sparks for even if you can't use that character yet. If you're not going to spend any money then I'd focus on who'd immediately be useful and that depends on what kind of team you're running or want to run. Because if you spark for a character you like but can't really use anywhere s/he's going to sit in your box forever and never get used.

For me, aside from Juliet, and of course whatever new OP character they release in the future my issue's weapon grids and summons. I've actually been playing for a long time and have amassed a damn good roster of characters for pretty much every color but my play style is very much casual so my grids for each are pretty sad except for light. If only I could come across Omega weapons as often as free draws. That also means it's not worth me joining a guild that has any chance at ranking to get those stones that can uncap SSR summons because who'd want to carry dead weight like me that just plays for 10 minutes a day? So Summons are my second weak point. It really may be worthwhile for me to spark a summon or two.

It's actually really hard to sell you on a character because, this game's weird. Well not weird really, lots of f2p games have similar mechanics in regards to a leader skill and the like but it'd suck to pick a great character and then have the game do something like spit a Lucifer summon at you when you picked a dark character or vice versa. Course while you're rolling to get your sparks you should be getting some good stuff to, honestly you may want to be flexible and look at the characters and summons you get after all the rolls and decide then.

But long term wise I'd spark for something limited which is why I said Summer Zooey. Or waiting around until the next Zodiac character, something along those lines really.

- Well I mean in the end, all it means is that I haven't been playing by the rules of the game (refusing to abide by the daily grind of omega raids and coop despite playing for about a year now) .

- It only drives home the point that grinding is the only real way to success in this game and no amount of Grand Order or Lucifer /Bonito etc. is gonna pull you through if you're not giving the game its due.

This is what comes up if I ask the game to optimise for light:
Untitled_1.png

So I guess I get the direct results of my work which is little. There's a DARK WEAPON in there for chrissakes. Let's not even talk about the Summon grid, it's all the colours of the rainbow.

- I also still haven't picked a choice of a main element I want to play despite having oodles of character rosters to choose from. With what the game usually throws at you my fire team is slightly more useful than anything else but only marginally so.

THAT BEING SAID.

- Looking up Mordecai fights on YT, there's a person on there who claims to have been playing for about two months. They use Bishop, Summer Io (SSR), Johann (event SR), and Naoise (SR). The characters themselves don't even look that beefed up, and I'd be curious to have a look at their grid, it's probably not all that. Their summon grid appears in the video.
https://youtu.be/r_vvHkoW6n0

My point is, through judicious use of what's available to them, they're able to clear content I cannot touch on simple merit of giving it a little more thought. Without the ultimate weapon grid, and without an uber SSR light roster.
So in that regard Dedication through Light is right. It's not an EASY fight I mean, it's not called "nightmare" for peanuts, but players "beneath my station" are clearing this fingers in ze nose.

. After all these months, looking back on this, I also regret making Yoda my first ticket. It was supposed to be this great crutch for clearing early content, and well, it was ! But it also renders you unable to learn how to utilise your characters because you're always waiting on that damned Ultimate Flash +.

Buuuut omega raids are scary ;_; if you do the wrong thing you get flooded with frowning/disappointed Katalina emotes

Are you confusing omega with HL? you just join an omega and do anything to get 0+ honor (treasure hunt) then afk.

I did the SV Scam/star gacha and got a SSR Seruel. A light character with veil. So my team is Seruel, Nakoruru, and SR Naoise. With those guys and a 5964/8945 light grid I have been doing extreme and nm60 this whole event.

I (mistakenly?) brought my fire team and used 8-9 full elixirs to beat Maniac for my final Bellringer.

MSMrRound

Buuuut omega raids are scary ;_; if you do the wrong thing you get flooded with frowning/disappointed Katalina emotes

Ultimately the most important thing is to build a weapon pool. Right now as I see it your weapon pool seem to be all over the place and doesn't follow a theme e.g magna/primal build and what's not. If your weapon pool is good enough, you can move on to clearing a omega raid by yourself (or say, open up once the HP is past 50% for that double red chest for host+mvp) and proceed on to the next one.

Tiamat Omega and Yugu are generally considered the easiest for people to start with. I was pretty hesitant to start my pool at first, but it's definitely one of the most efficient way to start gaining magna weapons for your pool and save on those 5000 pendants.

Personally I went with Wind->Yugu (provided you got damage cut or can break Yugu enough before she trigger her overdrive ougi) and now I can even clear Levi and get Lumi past 50% hp on strike time. It's heartening to see my own progress and it's never too late to start.

Also, optimizing weapons isn't the best way to go about it since they generally look at stats first and sometimes don't even take into account that I also have a baha sword and what's not.

Like Owl mentioned, you can also just spend 3bp (used to be 5 before we newer players have it good) and try to just land a hit. You might even score good magna drops off it e.g I was 5 days in when sneaking in a hit at Celeste Magna at 3% landed me my first ever Celeste Axe. You can always start.

Alright, many thanks for your encouraging replies guys. At this point honestly I was just content collecting event characters. Wind always seemed like a good place to start, and I scored Birdman from a login gacha ticket recently, so I can probably do something with Gawain, Birdman, Korwa and.... Sutera whom I just 5*'d?

Probably need to have a backup healer/rez like Sophia in back row and/or Bishop... I guess this role could have been filled by SSR Lennah or SR Hazen if I'd had them. In any case I'm starting to see the importance of filling varied roles in a party, although it's so obvious... Like Yoda I was relying too much on DK for ages, forgetting there's a reason your MC can change classes. One wouldn't think I've been playing RPGs for decades. On a side note can someone explain why R or SR Hazen have such monstrous faces on their 2nd arts.

you have a korwa :eek:

and a yoda?!

*jealous*

KORWA: I can understand her usefulness to some degree, will need to watch more videos where people make good use of her skills and timing to actually know what to do.

YODA: I love my little glass cannon fisherman ok, but he's just... there should be a warning against over-reliance on Yoda when starting GBF.

Xisiqomelir

Watched some of the anime, quite enjoyed it actually.

Happily settling into playing like 40 min a day and clearing my co-ops, 0 desire to GRINDAN or give money to Cy.

If youre in a luminiera omega raid and theres no buffs on luminiera omega and you attack and it puts buffs on and you have no way to dispel then people put the sticker on, its just annoying to sit and wait for a dispel to join especially if people used dispel moments ago. Ive never seen anyone do that in other non high level raids.

Also I never understand people who are still attacking several turns while luminiera omega is buffed and they get knocked out, what are they doing :(

MSMrRound

KORWA: I can understand her usefulness to some degree, will need to watch more videos where people make good use of her skills and timing to actually know what to do.

Korwa basically gain 2 fils every turn+ additional two fils if she gets hit

So basically if your Korwa keep on getting hit, you are in luck and can easier trigger her skills

For Korwa personally I tend to ignore her 3rd skill focusing on only her first and second skill

First skill=attack power up
Second skill=triple attack rate up

What I do personally is

1. Stack up fils till around 8 or 9
2. Use second skill (uses 6 fils which leaves me at 3 if I had 9)
3. Regain stacks back to 7~9
4. Use first skill
5. To extend effects of buff, try to use Korwa's ougi when she got a higher number of stacks. E.g ougi use at fils level 9 or 10 usually last longer than a ougi used at fils level 2~3

Once your party gets buffed up, try to keep Korwa's ougi going and....profit!?

Korwa and Rosetta both fair really well at enemies that multi hit, such as Ygg. You can try your hands at it. Korwa seems pretty complicated at first sight but she's easy to understand once you give it a few tries.

extremely useful advice snip

So for example, would it be beneficial to bring a character that can redirect hostility to Korwa, or is that too risky unless you also bring in some defense buffs ? I know there are a few that can do that, people usually pair them up with characters who dodge --> counter (SR Soriz etc.).

aside: as a French person reading those weirdo terms for Korwa's skills or De La Fille (???)'s name and others is so painful. But there are more characters who use weirdo german (Ferry, Razia), so I guess I can't complain too much in that regard. When do we get characters with skills in italian, or spanish! I thought russian covered by event SR Anastasia but it's just her CA.

If youre in a luminiera omega raid and theres no buffs on luminiera omega and you attack and it puts buffs on and you have no way to dispel then people put the sticker on, its just annoying to sit and wait for a dispel to join especially if people used dispel moments ago. Ive never seen anyone do that in other non high level raids.

Also I never understand people who are still attacking several turns while luminiera omega is buffed and they get knocked out, what are they doing :(
Sorry for missing your reply earlier, but gotcha.

1. Luminiera = bring dispels galore
2. Don't attack while buffed

It'll probably be a while before I join light raids but I'll keep it in mind.

@lack of chapters in Shadowverse event: I was surprised too, but we had a few like these already. Clearly the next event is gonna have a bajillion chapters (well, I'd say between 5-6?)

We're almost out of Winter already so I guess it's ok to lose hope but I really wanted a Kaiora rerun ;_; s-soiya...

Gizuko

Question for those more knowledgeable:

Is SS.Heles/Sophia/Ferry a good starting point for a light team?

I want to get a light grid going before a dark event with off-element resistance hits, but buying guns will delay my dark grid a bit. Although I don't main dark (so I can rely on wind and water for a while) it somehow feels wrong.

Am at 18k renown, but buying February's guns now might not be wise, considering the 2nd anniversary (they could release new weapons or something, don't know) and March are around the corner.

Question for those more knowledgeable:

Is SS.Heles/Sophia/Ferry a good starting point for a light team?

I want to get a light grid going before a dark event with off-element resistance hits, but buying guns will delay my dark grid a bit. Although I don't main dark (so I can rely on wind and water for a while) it somehow feels wrong.

Am at 18k renown, but buying February's guns now might not be wise, considering the 2nd anniversary (they could release new weapons or something, don't know) and March are around the corner.

If you have someone better than Sophia to take the frontline spot, that would be even better, as sophia's role is to usually revive one of the front line she subs in for.

SS Heles and Ferry are amazing though.

MSMrRound

Imagine Ferry getting a level 100 uncap and that her level 100 bonus is that her 3rd skill will no longer trigger that "shorted" effect. Wouldn't have to waste a slot for clarity.

- Legfes from 28/02 19:00 to 04/03 8:59 JST
- 1 free 10-pull of the premium Gacha, once a day, from 01/03 5:00 to 08/03 04:59 JST
- 200 extra crystals per daily login from 01/03 5:00 to 15/03 4:59 JST
- Logging in regularly during 01/03 to 14/03 might net you an SSR summon, mats like damascus ingot, SSR character tickets, 3k crystals etc.

dis gun be good

Indeed ! Between this and the event, and the fact that work will slow down a bit this month, I'm super excited to invest some time in the game for real. Whether it bears fruit or not remains to be seen :D

edit: aaand legfes is up. prepare tissues when you roll 10 rare weapons. But seriously, break a leg y'all

... Anila's in the pool. Is this new from the gacha reset or was she there already and I'm blind ? And of course you can buy an outfit for her+10-pull. Not exactly a surprise ticket, but...

edit edit: got meme SR dude. He really does look like a Gaston rip-off lol

- 1 free 10-pull of the premium Gacha, once a day, from 01/03 5:00 to 08/03 04:59 JST
- Logging in regularly during 01/03 to 14/03 might net you an SSR summon, mats like damascus ingot, SSR character tickets, 3k crystals etc.

dis gun be good

Is this heaven?

Pachael

dis gun be good

Now that's a legfest. That's good mang, since the Shadowverse event seemed to fall a bit flat for me. Was expecting a bit more to it.

MrCinos

Got 1 SSR Character: Magisa (Fire) and 1 SSR Summon: Tezcatlipoca (Earth).

SRs: Gayne (Earth), Vira (Dark), Mimlemel (Wind), Mary (Fire).

Tough luck. I'll probably can get another draw for crystals before this legfest is over.

Got 1 SSR Character: Magisa (Fire) and 1 SSR Summon: Tezcatlipoca (Earth).

SRs: Gayne (Earth), Vira (Dark), Mimlemel (Wind), Mary (Fire).

Tough luck. I'll probably can get another draw for crystals before this legfest is over.

I don't understand how Tezcatlipoca works. "based on the number of front line character races", does this mean you get the boost if you have varied races in your main allies? The game usually mentions "main allies" (Order Grande) instead of front line, I'm a bit confused.

But it seems like Magisa's pretty up there so congrats? Unless you're not playing Fire.

Yaari

I don't understand how Tezcatlipoca works. "based on the number of front line character races", does this mean you get the boost if you have varied races in your main allies? The game usually mentions "main allies" (Order Grande) instead of front line, I'm a bit confused.

But it seems like Magisa's pretty up there so congrats? Unless you're not playing Fire.

Characters can be Harbin, Erune, Human, Unknown, those are the races

Characters can be Harbin, Erune, Human, Unknown, those are the races

You forgot the Draph ! - (>_ <) everyone hates them - but I was wondering if the condition was to have four different races in the "Main allies" section of the party slots to have the full boost of the summon. So if MC is unknown (they are, aren't they?), you just add one each from the Erune Harbin Draph and Human races and you're good?

So, someone did this...
Good God... Save the Whales !!!

Yaari

You forgot the Draph ! - (>_ <) everyone hates them - but I was wondering if the condition was to have four different races in the "Main allies" section of the party slots to have the full boost of the summon. So if MC is unknown (they are, aren't they?), you just add one each from the Erune Harbin Draph and Human races and you're good?

Good God... Save the Whales !!!

Oh right, Draph. Lol.

No even if you only have 2 different races, there is still a boost, however, the best would be to have as many variety as you can. And yeah MC is unknown

Oh right, Draph. Lol.

No even if you only have 2 different races, there is still a boost, however, the best would be to have as many variety as you can. And yeah MC is unknown

This doesn't sound like a summon that would work well in conjunction with the famed Bahamut Weapons, which apparently benefit a particular race, meaning you not only need to go for a specific element (unless Grande) but you also need to use the same race in all your slots.

dis gun be good

What? Is this just an assumption or is this confirmed? All I saw was that the daily logins would be different than the usual.

This doesn't sound like a summon that would work well in conjunction with the famed Bahamut Weapons, which apparently benefit a particular race, meaning you not only need to go for a specific element (unless Grande) but you also need to use the same race in all your slots.

Depends on your team composition. You can have Korwa on your Earth team and she'll fill the Erun race slot but won't be doing much damage her self so you don't need Erun damage up from Bahamut weapons. The only concern for he would be not having HP up. The weapons can cover at least 2 races and unknown so that still gives you a good amount of flexibility.

Top Bottom