• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Gizuko

I'm really liking this anniversary event. I was thinking I could really go for a couple days of magfest lately, too.
Good luck with you daily 10-rolls, everyone!

If you have someone better than Sophia to take the frontline spot, that would be even better, as sophia's role is to usually revive one of the front line she subs in for.

SS Heles and Ferry are amazing though.

Thank you Se7en, guess I'll take a look at some SR just in case.

My 9th gold moon! Special Ticket pick here I come
C5xzMhQWcAIlY3E.jpg:small

Rainy

Banned
I haven't played the game in a few months but came back after I saw the other thread this morning. Had 4k crystals so just did a 10 roll this morning and got SSR Ferry. It's funny because I'm a Dark Main but I have both Amira and Ferry now.

Got nothing in the free 10-roll this afternoon though. Are the new dark characters good?

PK Gaming

Another new player here

Wondering if I should reroll for Vira? She's basically my favorite GBF character. At the same time, I've already gone through re-roll hell once. Plus if I get stuck, i'll waste some of the free days for free draws. What should I do?

So I guess this legfest, even though it has the 6% SSR rate, doesn't have a character draw rate up. Out of 32 pulls I got 3 SSR character weapons, one SR, and zero R character weapons.

I haven't played the game in a few months but came back after I saw the other thread this morning. Had 4k crystals so just did a 10 roll this morning and got SSR Ferry. It's funny because I'm a Dark Main but I have both Amira and Ferry now.

Got nothing in the free 10-roll this afternoon though. Are the new dark characters good?
Depends on what you have. Orchid is amazing and is definitely vital as she can do 100% triple attacks with the right setup. She also has 100% attack up on herself.

Zeta (dark) doesn't supplant Dark's already solid core.

Another new player here

Wondering if I should reroll for Vira? She's basically my favorite GBF character. At the same time, I've already gone through re-roll hell once. Plus if I get stuck, i'll waste some of the free days for free draws. What should I do?
Yeah, she's a very strong character and good re-roll choice.

Another new player here

You could always just make a couple of accounts while these free daily 10-rolls are going on and see if you can get her on one of them.

Verelios

Oh jesus the Beginner's draw set is like 3k yen, which is like $40 in Canadian

I want Vira, but I don't want her that much
You WILL go crazy trying to reroll for a specific non boosted character. It isn't worth it in the long run, or it is for you and good luck.

Hmm, DJeanne/Vira/Black Knight or DJeanne/Vira/Zeta? With my basic grid Black Knight has not been left behind at all in terms of damage, and she's providing some good utility. So I'm leaning that way for now.

Also got fire Metera, happy to finally get a version of her and another member of team fire erune. I'm thinking about keeping her in the back row and Sutera in the front though, so Sutera can no-sell a multi-hit boss ougi or two before eventually getting knocked out and having Metera take over. Hmm or maybe Metera deserves a spot over Heles.

PK Gaming

You WILL go crazy trying to reroll for a specific non boosted character. It isn't worth it in the long run, or it is for you and good luck.

:(

I'll probably just wait until I can justify buying the Beginner's Draw Set. Rerolling for a single character seems... daunting.

ohlawd

Oh jesus the Beginner's draw set is like 3k yen, which is like $40 in Canadian

I want Vira, but I don't want her that much

hmm? it's closer to $35 CAD

you're gonna have to ticket her since the pool is so diluted with other shit. you might luck out and get her tho. I wouldn't be surprised if you did since everyone but me has max luck >_>

Falk

that puzzling face
Depending on how serious you are, making a bunch of accounts now (say, 10-15, more if you're nuts), then 10-pulling them all every day this week, then working with the best one may be the best long-term bet.

I mean, 700-1050 pulls total not counting from the additional crystals and shiz and whatnot, you got at least a fairly decent chance of one of them rolling Vira.

Right?

RIGHT?

ohlawd

With my free 10-roll of the day, got Petra.

Can't complain!
the elements without 5* SSRs this round are wind, earth, and light (Percy/Fire, Altair/Water, Vaseraga/Dark are done)

I hope it's Petra or Metera. partly since they're my only wind SSRs + Gawain and Christina.

Is the game that competitive? Ah it doesn't matter, because...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5ziX1SWYAAra3j.jpg

S~A~T~I~S~F~A~C~T~I~O~N

Someone was nice enough to hook me up with a free account (to which I am eternally grateful).

The best experience starts now
the "competitive" is in two things:

getting top three in damage/'honors' in multibattles (raid/co-op)

getting your crew a ton of valor in 'Guild War' which happens every month or two that's a week long.

You didn't get SSR Vira, just SR. If that's good enough for you...

You guys are freaking me out!

Are SR's unusually bad or something?!

They're completely different characters sometimes, skills wise.

From what I've seen:
R: two skills, lvl 60 max
SR: three skills, lvl 70 max
SSR: three skills, lvl 80 max (some can become lvl 100 max (and sometimes get four skills))

So more skills and better stats. Some rare cases where you want the SR more than the SSR because they have a more needed skill.

No idea about Vira, but judging from other posts you probably want a SSR Vira. To see what you can get in your begginger set/start dash you can click on the banner and somewhere there it shows you what's available.

Beginner sets all of them have the same characters available, PLUS what's on the + banner when your account was made. So accounts made right now can also choose from limited characters (all the story SSR) including new Orchid and new Dark Zeta and the Zodiac Sheep Anila. You can only buy a beginner set once, so it's not something you use lightly, and people say to buy the limited with it, but you don't have to (unless it's summer Zooey).

Suprise tickets come by every two+ months, and are like a beginner set ticket, but you can't pick limiteds.

Soooooo later in life you can buy the $25 surprise ticket and choose SSR Vira, and comes with a 10 roll.

PK Gaming

Oh, yeah I was actually completely satisfied with getting the SR version. I'm not too worried about ranking or doing well. I just want to enjoy the main narrative with my fav characters. And yeah, down the line i'll probably drop some $$$ for SSR Vira.

TUSR

Banned
Oh, yeah I was actually completely satisfied with getting the SR version. I'm not too worried about ranking or doing well. I just want to enjoy the main narrative with my fav characters. And yeah, down the line i'll probably drop some $$$ for SSR Vira.

Alternatively, since you're starting fresh you could reroll accounts and either get an SSR Vira or better for free.

Six new archangels, one for each element, introduced just before the anniversary stream announces new raids. I'm sure that's a coincidence.

Falk

that puzzling face
This event is seriously amazing.

It's nostalgia pandering (and it's working), sets the stage for the third year, yet doesn't spoil the main quest for presumably what's going to be a huge influx of new players.

OK, just to confirm: as I play the event, redeem honour rewards and draw from the boxes, I will hopefully score a few of these dark SR weapons (I didn't see an SSR but maybe I wasn't paying attention).

Starting from "I never managed to amass more than one or two dark weapons", and considering that most of the fights in this event will probably be light enemies, what would be the most efficient? Fill my grid with these SR weapons without fusing them and level them to the max, or try to MLB them as much as possible and use the haphazard rest of my grid made from gacha weapons and whatnot ?

On the other hand, in order to increase party damage I suppose skillup is overall more important than weapon level (that is, assuming the skill on these weapons is damage up and not HP up), but I don't know how I feel about skillup for SR weapons, seems like a bit of a waste... on the other hand, you need to start somewhere...

edit: to clarify, I'm not talking about making a grid out of SR weapons to use in the long term obviously, I meant it more as an emergency, temporary countermeasure to having very little in the way of dark horsepower.

edit edit: three years later you think it's a good idea to explain how the four elements work in-universe? Amazing.

Top Bottom